****Official January 2021 thread****

We are also planning for January 2021 for a sixth birthday for my younger daughter.

We went in January 2019 and it was lovely! There were two nights where it got so cold that we brought our fleeces with us and ended up buying a blanket for the kids. But otherwise it was great weather. I’m looking forward to January 2021!

Going for the 2nd time in January 2021! Watching crowd levels this week since we are a year out! :)

We are in the January '21 boat. Just trying to decide the week that works best. Think we are targeting 23rd to the 31st at this point to avoid MLK and the Marathon Weekends from earlier in the month.

Not 100% sure though as not that many people seem worried about MLK anymore and its more just about Marathon weekend to avoid.

We've decided on a late January 2021 trip. I'd originally planned to go mid February over President's Day weekend, but then discovered it also overlapped with Mardi Gras and I didn't feel like tempting fate that much.

We went in January 2019 and had a great time! It did rain quite a bit, but we were prepared and enjoyed the nearly empty parks.

I'm tentatively planning January 2021 (wanted to do October 2021 as well, but I don't think I can wait that long without a trip in between now and then!) but I was curious if anything "big" is slated to open around January and February? I haven't been keeping up with renovations but I know a lot is gearing up in Epcot.

Will the opening of any new attractions bring bigger crowds?

I'm tentatively planning January 2021 (wanted to do October 2021 as well, but I don't think I can wait that long without a trip in between now and then!) but I was curious if anything "big" is slated to open around January and February? I haven't been keeping up with renovations but I know a lot is gearing up in Epcot.

Will the opening of any new attractions bring bigger crowds?

The only thing I can think of is Tron and I don't think they've released a date for that yet. Just that it'll be open in time for the 50th in October.

I'm anxiously waiting to be able to book! I'm assuming a few more months before we can do that. I usually book vacations a year out because we go in the fall so this is very hard knowing we will only have a little over 6 months to plan everything!

I will be at the Swan for an extended MLK weekend! Trying to see if there's a good promotion that comes out for a resort, but either way I'll be there :)

We are now thinking of doing a split stay with the first 2 nights at universal and the next 5 nights at disney. Wish we can look at packages online. I'm trying to price it out by looking at other months. Hoping there will be a deal end of January!

We’ll be there end of January 2021! Celebrating my son’s first birthday. We’re in the process of buying into DVC, and hoping to stay at BLT.
Looking forward to cooler weather, since last time we went in September, and all melted.

Just booked our big family trip using DVC points! It's a little crazy to think about because it'll be my baby's first trip and he's not due for another 4 weeks! :eek:We're arriving on January 30. Staying at Bay Lake Tower for the time being but may try to switch over at 7 months depending on resort availability.

We’ll be there end of January 2021! Celebrating my son’s first birthday. We’re in the process of buying into DVC, and hoping to stay at BLT.
Looking forward to cooler weather, since last time we went in September, and all melted.
Same here. We were there this last September and my husband said “ no more”!

Just booked our big family trip using DVC points! It's a little crazy to think about because it'll be my baby's first trip and he's not due for another 4 weeks! :eek:We're arriving on January 30. Staying at Bay Lake Tower for the time being but may try to switch over at 7 months depending on resort availability.
Congrats! Where do you ideally want to stay? We stayed poly dvc and loved it

Congrats! Where do you ideally want to stay? We stayed poly dvc and loved it

We like staying around the Epcot/HS area so I'll wait to see if anything is available at BWV, BCV, or Riviera. If not, we'll probably just end up staying at BLT. I do like the look of the new rooms at SSR but we had a bad experience with the buses the last time we stayed there.

Peeks head in--Is this the January 2021 thread? From March 2020 to June 2020, and now I'm joining you all for a stay from December 31-January 6! I hope I don't curse you! We've never been this time of year, but I have DVC points that will need to be used before Jan. 31, and this was the only time we could go. Fingers crossed that this trip actually happens!!

I just cancelled our January 2021 stay a couple of weeks ago. I can’t justify my kids missing school next year for a vacation; they are missing too much this year. I hope you all have fantastic trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!