January people, have you started your itinerary?

I LOVE the planning part! I'd almost rather plan it then go on it. OK, not that far, but I sometimes am almost let down by things because I get so excited to plan it, and then when it happens, it is such a small thing in our day. Like Cinerella's Breakfast. I got up early yesterday morning to call in for those reservations. I called ahead of time to get those numbers down right. I knew EXACTLY what I wanted. When we go, it will be fun, it will be great, but probably just another part of our trip. I love all the little details that I find on these boards. We are taking my parents, and this is a one time trip for them. I'm trying to find all these neat things to do with them. I hope that my planning lives up to my expectations.

We starting casually planning/talking about our upcoming 01/2004 trip last January.... had originally talked about going 11/03, but decided on 01/2004 instead. As of this week I have book airfare, hotel, rental car, and several PS reservations, as well has having bought my PHP tix and SeaWorld tix and booked my "Dinner with Shamu". Last time we went it was last minute and I was concerned about getting everything done, but I managed to plan the whole trip in six weeks, including getting a CRT PS for just the day I wanted! How lucky was that! I love to read and have devoured 8 different guide books over and over! Guess I'm a bit anal about this stuff! Plus I like to pay for as much in advance as possible. So to answer your question, yes, this January person's trip planning is well under way! Hello to a fellow New Englander by the way!.....PJLLA:p

How many new englander's will be in wdw in January? I am from MA and will be driving down with the inlaws. How many others are escaping the new england weather To be in the magic of disney?:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

We're in Indiana right now, but DBF graduates from Purdue in December and we'll be heading back to MA (yay for going home!) for a couple weeks before going to Disney. I just hope no nasty New England weather makes flying difficult!

I've been planning for marathon weekend since last April. I was notified that I made it through the lottery system for the Marine Corps Marathon and called my husband ready to pass out from excitement. See, I have been trying to get into MCM for four years and I finallly made it. His reply is, "hmm, october 26th sounds so familiar to me, oh I forgot, that's the weekend of Kris's (his best friend) wedding, we have to go" Whoooosh, the air comes out of me. MCM allows you to defer your entry for a year, with double the fee, so I did, but then I guilted my husband into the Disney marathon in January. I am so good at crocodile tears!

I am so psyched, I got my race packet today and I have read every word three times already. If you are going to be in Disney marathon weekend please please please come out and cheer us on, you won't believe the how much it helps!!

I've been planning since Feb. My dh came home (he was just starting a vacation during Feb break and said, come on it's been so cold instead of going skiing, Lets go to Disney. Well I got so excited and started to plan our spur of the moment trip. When all of a sudden my oldest son came home and said. "Mom you don't want to go to Disney now, you have more fun planning the vacation then going. " That's not true! Well maybe a little bit. LOL He brought me back to reality and boy have I been having fun ever since. Thanks Jesse, You were right."

On another note. My kids make fun of my planning but when we are in the parks They always ask me "Mom what would your friends do now." Mom Where would your friends sit?" Mom, Where would your friends eat?"
They also value your opinions. Thanks, Gina:)

I'd love to plan an itinerary to do at Disney but where do I begin?

This will be our first trip there. Does anyone want to share their's with me or give me tips on what I should start with? Help.:(

The first thing I look at is if you are going to participate in the Extra Magic Hour that is available to resort guests. If you are going to use that, they go to those parks on the day that they open early. Then you need to look at all of the places to eat and activities to do. Is there anything you really want to do? We wanted to do an Illuminations Cruise. Cinderella's Breakfast was also a must with us. We are doing the Luau one night. I put all of those basics "must dos" into my days I'll be there, and then I kinda fill in the spaces. I purchased Tour Guide Mike www.tourguidemike.com If you have never gone to Disney before, it might be a good deal for you. I've been pretty happy with it.

To Kikatsmom.... I am guessing by your countdown clock you are going some time in the spring... April vacation? I have never been to WDW during a peak time, but my best suggestion is to start by reading (cover to cover) a good guidebook or two... start with Birnbaum's for the "official" Disney info and then pick an "unofficial" guide. I suggest either "The unofficial guide to WDW" or "WDW with kids". All of the 2004 guides are out now. Also keep reading the Trip planning forums here at Disboards.com. Figure out what is most important to you (maybe MK if you have young kids, or MGM, IOA if you have older kids), and work from there. If you are on a budget, get all the pertinent information and breakdown your options. For our upcoming trip I broke it down to seven possible scenarios, starting with the most expensive at 8 nights onsite with the UPH pass, all the way down to 8 nights off-site with 4 or 5 day PH tix, with all possible combinations in between. Since airfare is constant in all my scenarios, that didn't figure in.... it was just a matter of continuing to search for the best prices and times to suit our schedule. We are also within driving distance of 4 airports (30 minutes away up to 2 hours away) so we searched all airports for best price. Fortunately found the best price at the airport 30 minutes from our home (yahoo!) We also figured in breakfast, since some off-site hotels offer free continental breakfast, or inexpensive breakfast buffet, while at most on-site you have to buy either breakfast at the food court or at a sit-down restaurant at the resort or in the parks. The difference in between the most expensive option and the least expensive option was $1000.00 Considering that they all had the same $$ spent on airfare and rental car, that is a big chunk of change for the differences in accomodations, food, and tix. For some families that could mean the difference between going or not going. Also, do not assume that packages are the cheapest... do your homework and compare prices a la carte versus packages. If you want more information, just post here and I'll give you any help I can... Happy Planning (remember, it's half the fun!):wave:

I have planned a little. I, too am waiting on the park hours before anything gets set in stone. Also, we are going to try to do a water park.........guess we will not know about that until we get down there.

Originally posted by kitkatsmom

This will be our first trip there. Does anyone want to share their's with me or give me tips on what I should start with? Help.:(

totally agree with all the other posts here but I start first with a budget and how long I will be there...otherwise I keep adding more and more things till I have outpriced myself! start with a couple realistic senerios ( value vs deluxe, on site vs off site although no contest to me as I would rather stay in a cheap onsite than luxury offsite but that is just me) then what passes according to what you really think you would like to do ( water parks worth it for your family or will the pool be just fine, can the kids really handle 7 days in the park or would you rather go on a picnic someplace one day) ,and see what is left for food ( are you a burger and fries family or want a giant breakfast or what, check out menus in dining here and www.wdwig.com)then add any extras the budget allows.

I'll take the chance to bore the others but here's how I do a plan! We'll be there Jan 14-21.

!/14 - Late arrival, explore hotel (AKL), savannah, and pool.

1/15 - MK (EMH), over to MGM for Sci-Fi for 3pm "lunch", Fantasmic

1/16 - AK (EMH), over to Epcot (just Future World), Garden Grill for supper

1/17 - MGM (EMH), Boma for anniversary dinner

1/18 - AK, stay for parade. Kids to Simba's Cubhouse, DH and I for some "quiet" time

1/19 - depending on weather, Blizzard Beach or Downtown Disney, over to Epcot, World Showcase and stay for Illuminations

1/20 - MK late, Poly Luau for dinner

1/21 - check out early, store bags, and head to park(s) of choice, 4pm pick up at AKL for airport.

Can't wait! One of the little things that I always take into consideration, is how to get back to our resort at the end of the day/evening. I have been stuck taking numerous buses with tired kids and it stinks. It's all about getting up early, and being in bed early for us!

See you all there!

Once we made our reservations for Pop Century in January two months ago, I started "mapping out" where and what day for which parks. Shortly before the 90 day mark, we had a good rough draft, including where we are planning to go to eat and had it right on our draft when to call for the priority seatings. Now we have our priority seatings done, we have our "schedule" as to what day at what park, and we even have a scheduled "day off" where we will probably go resort hopping or even go to Blizzard Beach if the weather permits. Now I get to just sit and look at my draft, all complete, and count the days down to when I can print it out on lime green stationary and go have it laminated......you know, to make it OFFICIAL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter