Japan snack/candy boxes

rella's fan

DIS Veteran
Has anybody ever ordered one of these? Not really looking for a monthly subscription but thought my daughter would really like a one time box of snacks at Christmas. Lots of different companies - looking for recommendations

I keep looking at these and going back and forth. Last year, we went to Wegman's and I was able to grab enough stuff to build a box for the kids. I have also noticed that a lot of the grocery stores around here are starting to carry more of the snacks from different countries. Still not as varied as the boxes perhaps but can be more tailored.

Has anybody ever ordered one of these? Not really looking for a monthly subscription but thought my daughter would really like a one time box of snacks at Christmas. Lots of different companies - looking for recommendations
Do you have any Asian groceries where you live? I teach anthropology and always bring a huge variety of snacks from Japan and other countries when we cover that specific region. Also, they can often order specific things that you may need and I’ve found it fresher than the combo boxes I’ve tried. Just my two cents!

Not sure where you are, and they have very few locations in the US, but Daiso sells snacks and drinks. It's one of their 100 yen stores, though here it starts at 1.50 and goes up. They some fun disney stuff along with other stuff too.

My sister sent our family a 3 month subscription to a snack plan. I think it was Universal Yums? I did a quick search and that was the one that looked most familiar. It was really fun! That company does a different country each time. And they include a little booklet in it with facts and games based on the country. There was always a hot and spicy, sour, and reg type chip. And a couple sweet things. Not sure if they do just a one month box? Or what not. But it was really fun to receive it!

Thanks everybody. Unfortunately I'm in Canada so don't have access to the U.S. stores, looks like Toronto has a few big stores so maybe I'll call and see if they would ship within Canada. My daughter is all about the snacks so I think she would really love it.

I did a Bokksu gift subscription for my sister for a while. She really enjoyed the selections each month. I don't know if they ship to Canada or not. They also have options to just buy one box- no subscription needed.

We have a Bokksu subscription and love it! I really like the little book that comes with it that describes the snack makers, areas of the country and seasonal festivals. They do ship to Canada.

We just ordered our daughters boxes of Korean snacks on amazon. The boxes were quite full and a lot of variety. Make sure you check the expiration dates on the snacks. Some of the snacks were getting near the expiration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!