Joanne and Paul's VR - 4th May 2011

Hello darling :)
Just finished reading about everything! Such great pics!!!
And thanks for the welcome backs. I've truly missed you!!

Joanne, I hope you don't mind my asking but were your flower arrangements for the urns terribly expensive? I think you went with an outside vendor for flowers, right? I'm thinking of going with real flowers for our urns and wondered how much an arrangement would cost.

Hi Joanne! I've been waiting to see if you added anything to your TR. ;)

As far as the vow renewal goes, we do have something in the early stages, but I've been sort of bumming as this was supposed to be the week of our big family trip and VR, so I haven't been giving future plans a lot of thought yet. Hopefully after the new year I'll be able to post a new-and-improved VR plan. :thumbsup2

Oh, Joanne, you have inspired me so!! I've spent the last 3 workdays stalking PJs like its my new career!! I think we are going to switch to a S/D wedding, and you gave us the last little push we needed!!

Your vow renewal was just beautiful!! And I LOVE the pictures of you being "frightened" in the pool with your dress. Makes me :rotfl2:

Just found your Journal today and had to read just about all of it! I practically feel I know you now! I just recently suggested a Disney wedding to my daughter and finding your report makes it look so lovely and perhaps...possible! We will be discussing it soon and was wondering if you posted a budget. If so, I may have just missed it as I was reading too quickly. Love the ceremony venue and Randy's photos. Any prices would greatly help! Thanks for sharing...

Lynn

Hello darling :)
Just finished reading about everything! Such great pics!!!
And thanks for the welcome backs. I've truly missed you!!

Joanne, I hope you don't mind my asking but were your flower arrangements for the urns terribly expensive? I think you went with an outside vendor for flowers, right? I'm thinking of going with real flowers for our urns and wondered how much an arrangement would cost.

Amy sweetie - Looking forward to hearing all about your new plans in the New Year!!!!:thumbsup2

Sweet Megsters - Thank you so much for the lovely things you said about our special day!!! It was truly a day to remember for us, and will be a precious memory for the rest of our lives!!
I am so glad I helped to show you our 'hidden gem' that is a S/D wedding. I can't understand why other brides cannot see how much of a good deal it is to have your event here!!!

Lynn sweetie - Aww thank you so much. My greatest regret about our VR is that I didn't keep a copy of my budget to help other brides in the future!!!! How stupid am I :sad2:!!! This is what I can remember. Very vague guessimates

Venue (West Courtyard) - About $1500.00 (includes ceremony site, chairs, water station, wet weather back-up location, suite in which to get ready and all the service of the JM planner/co-ordinator both during the booking/planning stages and on the day itself.

Officiant - Rev Tim Herring $150.00

Photographer - Randy Chapman around $470.00 for the VR, which included about four hours of Randy's services, an album of over 200 photos and CDs containing over a thousand photos (and the rights to said photos). The TTD session with more CDs etc was $200.00

Musician (harpist) - Christine McPhail $375.00 for about 2 hours

Cake - It's Tasty Too around $100.00

Floral - Petals by Design Orlando (eek I can't remember!!), I think around $600.00 for my bouquet, DD's posy, 3 bouts and the pillars and urn arrangements (including set up and strike and moving of the arrangements to Citrico's for the reception meal)

Champagne, cider and OJ reception - including glasses, flatware, servers x 2, etc about $200.00 (I think)

Limo - Destination MCO around $300.00 for three hours

Hair and Make-up - Patricia LeJeune $130.00 for both for myself (including eyelashes)

Gown steaming - Loftis Productions $80.00

Reception at Citrico's around $50.00 per head including wine.

As I say sweetie, these are very rough estimates, as I stupidly got rid of all the paperwork after our VR, but they will give you a ballpark idea of what we paid. I hope that helps a little and if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!!

My sweet Kristi - Thank you so much Hun!!! I am so pleased you are back among us. I really missed you too!!

Jilian sweetie - You know I can't really remember (it's probably an age thing!!), but I think they were around $150.00 each, including set up and transfer to Citrico's. They were certainly the most expensive item on my floral bill, but totally worth it, as they were gorgeous!!! We used 'Petals by Design Orlando' but it was all arranged through Karen. HTH and sorry I can't be more accuarate with the pricing!!

Joanne,

I haven't commented in a while, but having been reading along. What a fabulous job you did with all of this. Your photos are amazing.

Thank you for sharing everything! :hug:

Hi Joanne!

Your event looked amazing! I love the colors! They are the same colors I chose.

I was under the impression that s/d brides weren't allowed to wear their dresses at Disney restaurants. What am I thinking? As you know, I have had a lot of trouble choosing a place for my guests to dine. If I can chose anywhere, and can wear my dress, I would love to know.

Thanks,
Amanda :)

Hi Joanne!

I was under the impression that s/d brides weren't allowed to wear their dresses at Disney restaurants. What am I thinking? As you know, I have had a lot of trouble choosing a place for my guests to dine. If I can chose anywhere, and can wear my dress, I would love to know.

Thanks,

We had our vow renewal on the other coast in October. We did not do it on property at all, but at Crystal Cathedral. However, I then spent the rest of the day walking around in my wedding dress. I checked into our Disney hotel wearing it, went to one of the lounges for a snack and something to drink in it, walked through Downtown Disney in it and finally had my dinner at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. Loads of cast members and guests shouted congratulations and nobody took offense to me wearing my wedding dress.

Corinna

Joanne,

I haven't commented in a while, but having been reading along. What a fabulous job you did with all of this. Your photos are amazing.

Thank you for sharing everything! :hug:

Somehow I missed the end of your pj! What a delightful surprise!

Hi Joanne!

Thanks,

We had our vow renewal on the other coast in October. We did not do it on property at all, but at Crystal Cathedral. However, I then spent the rest of the day walking around in my wedding dress. I checked into our Disney hotel wearing it, went to one of the lounges for a snack and something to drink in it, walked through Downtown Disney in it and finally had my dinner at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. Loads of cast members and guests shouted congratulations and nobody took offense to me wearing my wedding dress.

Corinna

Bethie sweetie - Thank you so much!! I am so looking forward to seeing your photos. I just know your day is going to be stunningly beautiful!!

Aww sweetie - I am glad it was a nice surprise and that you enjoyed catching up!!! It is lovely to hear from you!!

Amanda sweetie - I really don't know how these rumours start!!! You are perfectly welcome anywhere in WDW (except the theme parks themselves), whilst wearing your wedding dress!!! We were treated like royalty by the cast everywhere but particularly in Citrico's!!! Good luck with all your planning. You can have your reception dinner in any restaurant that is not in an actual park!!! I highly recommend Citrico's and it has the added bonus of being in the GF which is a lovely backdrop for photos!!! Let us know what you decide.

Hi Corinna - Lovely to hear from you!!! I am glad you are well sweetie!!!!

Amanda sweetie - I really don't know how these rumours start!!! You are perfectly welcome anywhere in WDW (except the theme parks themselves), whilst wearing your wedding dress!!! We were treated like royalty by the cast everywhere but particularly in Citrico's!!! Good luck with all your planning. You can have your reception dinner in any restaurant that is not in an actual park!!! I highly recommend Citrico's and it has the added bonus of being in the GF which is a lovely backdrop for photos!!! Let us know what you decide.

This changes everything! I assumed that if you were having dinner in a wedding dress that you would have to go through DFTW for everything. I have SO MANY CHOICES! I am quite excited!

WOW!!!

I've read the whole Thread - pics are fantastic - thanks for sharing with us all - looks like you had the perfect day.

Joanne, you gorgeous girl! Congratulations on your nomination in the Disney Wedding Blog awards for best wedding photo! Obviously I wasn't the only one who thought that specific photo was deserving to be in that category! I'm so thrilled that you're in the running!!!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I am kind of shocked I haven't posted on here...

Your vow renewal was so much fun to read though, and I just had to listen to your podcasts with Carrie when I was finished reading.

Honestly, if it wasn't for DH being so eager to have our VR at Sunrise Terrace, I would be eager to switch to Just Marry.

You're day was so lovely and magical. Your TTD photos radiate happiness. The time and attention you gave your guests during your vow renewal trip is so inspiring. I just wish there was more to read about your trip :goodvibes

Joanne, you gorgeous girl! Congratulations on your nomination in the Disney Wedding Blog awards for best wedding photo! Obviously I wasn't the only one who thought that specific photo was deserving to be in that category! I'm so thrilled that you're in the running!!!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Did you notice you we're nominated for best wedding picture on the Disney wedding blog?

Wow thank you so much my sweet girls!!! I have been so busy at work that I haven't given the board my full attention in the last few days!!!
I am so honoured that we have been chosen to be nominated and would be so grateful if anybody feels like voting for us!!!
Thanks again my dear friends!!!

I am kind of shocked I haven't posted on here...

Your vow renewal was so much fun to read though, and I just had to listen to your podcasts with Carrie when I was finished reading.

Honestly, if it wasn't for DH being so eager to have our VR at Sunrise Terrace, I would be eager to switch to Just Marry.

You're day was so lovely and magical. Your TTD photos radiate happiness. The time and attention you gave your guests during your vow renewal trip is so inspiring. I just wish there was more to read about your trip :goodvibes

Aww sweetie, thank you so much for your kind comments!!! I am so glad you enjoyed reading. That special day, and indeed the whole trip will live in our hearts for the rest of our lives!!!
Will be following along with all your plans and hope you enjoy all your planning!!! I had a ball with mine!!

So happy to see that you were nominated! As soon as I read on your PJ that you were nominated I knew right away that it had to be the staged exit photo. I love that picture, you both look so happy. I voted for you and I hope others do too!

A well deserved nomination--Congratulations, Joanne! I voted for you, my dear friend! :)

So happy to see that you were nominated! As soon as I read on your PJ that you were nominated I knew right away that it had to be the staged exit photo. I love that picture, you both look so happy. I voted for you and I hope others do too!

A well deserved nomination--Congratulations, Joanne! I voted for you, my dear friend! :)

You are the sweetest friends a girl could have!! Thank you so much!!

Hi Joanne, I already told you that I voted for you and for me there wasn't alot of competition in it. Your wedding was amazing. It was full of fun and energy, it was a pleasure to read about.

Thank you for sharing it all with us and good luck with the competition xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!