Jodie & Gareth's Escape Wedding 01/31/17

chocolatejodie

Earning My Ears
Oh Dear... I have finally succumed to doing what I said I wouldn't and writing a planning journal.
There I was thinking, surely no-one will be interested in reading all about my highs and lows of planning my dream wedding, but after months of stalking everyone else's I finally thought oh well, it'd be nice to have a log to look back on....

Soooooo cue trumpets and a marching band... here it is....

The Basics:
Wedding Date:
January 31 2017 (You wouldn't believe how long it takes me to decipher wedding dates when I read the boards, being from th UK we write them the other way, it finally dawns on you that there aren't 31 months and you realise what a prat you've been!!!)

Wedding Location:
Wedding Pavillion (and no never stepped inside it in my life... but hey ho)

Champagne & Cake Celebration:
Grand Floridian... I have no idea where as yet

Dinner:
No idea yet, poss the Wave at the Contemporary - but will have to see if I can get a reservation

Dessert Party:
Norway Pavillion (I will of course be channeling my inner Elsa and will possibly break into song during the course of the evening... oh those poor people nearby!)

The People Involved:
Bride & Groom (Obviously)
Maid of Honour - My Sister
Bridesmaids - my 2 neices, age 9&7yrs when we go (they have never been to Disney before)
My Mum and Dad
My Brother in Law
My Sister in Law

The Bride & Groom
An Introduction to us... well I will tell you about us as Gareth has about as much interest in this wedding as an eskimo does in a bikini... well that's not strictly true he just doesn't want the hassle of organising it... so that leaves me, and thank goodness to be honest :yay:

So how did we decide on a Disney Wedding? well let me tell you I put the work in on this one... nearly 10 years of work actually.
Right from the start we knew we wanted to marry someday and here in lay the issue... I wanted a big fat wedding in my hometown and for the other half the thought of such a spectacle brings him out in hives... well not literally of course, but he would shudder at the mere mention of it.
So after 8 years of hoping and praying he would change his mind.. no joy :(

Other weddings came and went... One of my best friends asked me to be her maid of honour... My other friend asked me to be hers and then my sister announced her engagement... yes you guessed it, make way for thrice the bridesmaid, never the bride... until now... cue evil plan laugh here!!!

Sounds like you are going to need to include some Karaoke time in your wedding plans if you are like me and break out into song a WDW!

I once got a whole Pop! Century Bus to break out into "Part of your world"!:mic:

Sounds like you are going to need to include some Karaoke time in your wedding plans if you are like me and break out into song a WDW!

I once got a whole Pop! Century Bus to break out into "Part of your world"!:mic:
Oh wow now that is amazing... I shall try my best to match your achievement... Lol.

So I think I finally worked out how to upload a photo... This is my first stint as a bridesmaid, me and the other half

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts