John Lasseter Allegations

Either way, this needs to stop. Women and men should feel safe at work. The top powers need to be diversified and people need to speak up.

Now THERE'S something we can all agree on.

And we can also all agree that Duffy needs to have bricks tied to his feet and sent to the bottom of World Showcase Lagoon. That's an entirely different issue, but still.....we're all in agreement on that one, too.

as a brown female, white males are more likely to cause me harm
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this wasn't meant as a racial comment.

About 77% of men in the country are white. Only about 13% are black. So yes, you are much more likely to be victimized by a white man simply because there are 6 times as many of them.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this wasn't meant as a racial comment.

About 77% of men in the country are white. Only about 13% are black. So yes, you are much more likely to be victimized by a white man simply because there are 6 times as many of them.

According to the most recent census data, there are nearly 160 million more white people in America than there are black people. So yeah if you want to be simplistic, you are correct but if you adjust for the population you will find that roughly 57% of reported attacks are committed by white males who are under 30. Their privilege often gets them off *cough Brock Turner*. Race is very much a part of this discussion, I'm sorry that you don't see that. Never did I say that ALL white males are rapist nor is it racist to understand facts and see how society is dealing with these situations that are coming out. They may be losing their jobs but they are not seeing prosecution yet. We will see.

Last edited:
What a complex discussion... I think that power and privilege (and the resulting arrogance nurtured by those) are the driving forces that enable those so inclined to engage in and get away with this behavior.

The race question is an interesting layer here. The ugly truth is that a disproportionate amount of power and privilege is held by white males, so they are who we are hearing the most about. But examples like Cosby and Takei illustrate that race is not the driver here. Power, privilege, arrogance.

The race question is an interesting layer here. The ugly truth is that a disproportionate amount of power and privilege is held by white males, so they are who we are hearing the most about. But examples like Cosby and Takei illustrate that race is not the driver here. Power, privilege, arrogance.
I think this states the issue well. Yes, it's mostly white men being accused because it's mostly white men in power, and that is definitely an issue both in terms of race and gender. I did not mean to imply that there is not "majority privilege". I agree that there is.

I am heartbroken over this. I have avoided the coverage to date but broke down today and read the New York Times article. It is obvious to me, regardless of what may come, that the culture at Pixar was both sexist and racist, and my heart weighs 1000 pounds today.

Now THERE'S something we can all agree on.

And we can also all agree that Duffy needs to have bricks tied to his feet and sent to the bottom of World Showcase Lagoon. That's an entirely different issue, but still.....we're all in agreement on that one, too.

Yeah ...definitely some inappropriate touching going on there

I sure hope they don’t let him back into the company. There’s no place for this sort of thing.

The fact that you don't think race has anything to do with this topic is part of a much larger problem. Step back and take a moment, it's not about you. Who are the men being called out for these accusations? There is a commonality to this that is undeniable BUT when you (proverbial) are the majority it's easy to say oh well we don't want to talk about race. Charlie Rose, Trump, Harvey Weinstein, CK Lewis, Richard Branson, Kevin Spacey there is a common thread. Not calling it by its name for one's own comfortability doesn't help anyone.

Either way, people continue to say he was really huggy and loving but if you are not a person who is open to that, I'm sure it can be offensive. If he backed off after being told the person didn't like it, I don't see what the issue is but people don't typically step down unless something bigger may be revealed.

Louis CK is Hispanic, Weinstein is Jewish and I’m pretty sure Bill cosbey isn’t white either. Bad people come in every color and race.

I think his decision to stick around is a worst kept secret ...what's this his third round since retiring? There is a lot going on with the whole cable/streaming world and Disney is hot for this market and if rumors are true they have big plans(and the pieces to make it work as well or better than anyone). I think this is something Iger is "invested" in and he wants to be the one to get it off the ground. He probably thought it would have happened by now, but there have been some setbacks. No doubt the suitable replacement thing is part of it, but it hasn't appeared from our foggy view that there has been a real effort.

Just read Steve's article about Iger possibly extending 2-3 more years! Whoa! It made me think of two reasons.
1. Fox
2. John

I'm not so sure about the second if the implication is that John was one of his possible successors. Lasseter was never going to be the next CEO. He has a better chance of being the next Queen of England and that would be true with or without these allegations.

I'm not so sure about the second if the implication is that John was one of his possible successors. Lasseter was never going to be the next CEO. He has a better chance of being the next Queen of England and that would be true with or without these allegations.
I was referring more to instability if John left, it might calm the stockholders if Iger has agreed to stay. Having both go leaves a lot of unknowns.
And also, what MaxRebo says that Iger won't be implicated in this mess like some suggested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter