Joy in the World ~ a magical Christmas weekend! real life update 04/07

I am fashionably late, but got my jingle bells on and I'm ready for all the joy!!!

I am fashionably late, but got my jingle bells on and I'm ready for all the joy!!!
Jingle bells are the perfect accessory and I am happy to have you here! :) Lots more joy to come...it is Christmas at Disney, after all.

Sounds like an absolutely lovely trip :) We were there for Christmas but onky went to the parks on Dec 30&31 so skipped most of the Christmas offerings. Space Mountain with Christmas music was interesting though!

Sounds like an absolutely lovely trip :) We were there for Christmas but onky went to the parks on Dec 30&31 so skipped most of the Christmas offerings. Space Mountain with Christmas music was interesting though!
:welcome: , thanks for joining in! It was such a great trip....only three days compared to your 12 but I enjoyed every minute.

Happy New Year to you Tracy! Hope all is well with you and that your new job is going well.
Thank you! The new job is going very well :thumbsup2

This was the shortest Disney trip I have ever taken but it was so, so fun!
Sure sounds it so far! Loved reading about your time in Epcot - I haven't seen the LwtL Christmas overlay - looks so cute! And that's one of my favorite rides, so relaxing and peaceful. I'm a little scared to see Epcot in all it's... construction glory though. :scared1:

Hoping your new year is off to a great start! :goodvibes

I'm so sorry I didn't realize you started this! I'm here now!

What a wonderful morning at MK soaking up the Christmas spirit! And a nice start at Epcot too!

Sure sounds it so far! Loved reading about your time in Epcot - I haven't seen the LwtL Christmas overlay - looks so cute! And that's one of my favorite rides, so relaxing and peaceful. I'm a little scared to see Epcot in all it's... construction glory though. :scared1:

Hoping your new year is off to a great start! :goodvibes
Epcot is definitely a little scary right now but I think all the mess will be worth it in the end. Are you going down this summer? I am trying to get my dates planned out.......there is always so much to do in the summer and I want to do all of it, lol!
I'm so sorry I didn't realize you started this! I'm here now!

What a wonderful morning at MK soaking up the Christmas spirit! And a nice start at Epcot too!
:welcome:Alexis! Glad you are here! :) I enjoyed every minute of all the Disney Christmas goodness.

Epcot is definitely a little scary right now but I think all the mess will be worth it in the end. Are you going down this summer? I am trying to get my dates planned out.......there is always so much to do in the summer and I want to do all of it, lol!
Yes, I hope you are right! I love Epcot so much, and sometimes I'm a little change-resistant (looking at you, Great Movie Ride :sad:). But I am anxious to see how it all shakes out. Probably won't be this summer, but I do love my August trips... :rolleyes:

I know I'm late but I'm here. The Holidays and going to Disney really hit me hard.

I'm loving all you're getting done. We were there about the same time but moved a lot slower since there was more of us. I enjoyed the nice Christmas smell in Pop too. Still haven't started our report, but hopefully soon. We had the cheese dip in Germany too and loved it.

Can't wait to read more.

Yes, I hope you are right! I love Epcot so much, and sometimes I'm a little change-resistant (looking at you, Great Movie Ride :sad:). But I am anxious to see how it all shakes out. Probably won't be this summer, but I do love my August trips... :rolleyes:
One year our dates will match up....it would fun to hang out in Epcot together again! I know what you're saying, I have things I don't want changed but as much as I love Epcot, it was looking a little tired. A refresh will get things back on track. I might never be over Illuminations ending though......
I know I'm late but I'm here. The Holidays and going to Disney really hit me hard.

I'm loving all you're getting done. We were there about the same time but moved a lot slower since there was more of us. I enjoyed the nice Christmas smell in Pop too. Still haven't started our report, but hopefully soon. We had the cheese dip in Germany too and loved it.

Can't wait to read more.
:welcome: , so happy you are here! I completely understand....I was so tired getting home. Having to teach that week was exhausting. It certainly is much easier to move around on a solo trip. I was on a mission to do as much as humanly possible, lol! Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures!

Holiday storytellers, carol singers and resort hopping, oh my!

Leaving Germany with a very full stomach, I meandered over to Italy where I was lucky enough to come across La Befana. This is the recounting of the Italian Christmas tradition. According to legend, La Befana was invited to accompany the three wise men to Bethlehem to greet the Christ Child. She did not reply in time and in the 2000 years since, she has searched everywhere for the Christ Child on the eve of Epiphany hoping that she might yet see him. The performance was brilliant and I really, really enjoyed it.

IMG_5553.JPG

Along with the storytellers, I was taking part in the Chip and Dale scavenger hunt. Hidden within each pavilion was a wreath featuring Chip and Dale. Some were fairly easy to find while others proved to be elusive. This was an enjoyable way to get in to the heart of the pavilions and explore a bit. While looking through the American pavilion, I happened upon a performance of the "Voices of Liberty" done up as Dickesenian Christmas carolers. This was another spectacular performance and I counted myself very lucky to have seen it.
IMG_5554.JPG

I was aware of my upcoming reservation at Rose and Crown and wanted to leave some time to explore the Epcot resorts, Therefore I decided to head out through International Gateway towards the Beach Club. I had high hopes of the carousel and was not disappointed as this years theme was Peter Pan! The level of detail was breathtaking.
IMG_5555.JPG

I then walked though the Beach Club and over to Yacht Club, having a chance to peek in to Stormalong Bay. So many nice family memories are here from our trips in 2015 and 2016 and I could not help reminiscing as I walked along. I really enjoyed the train they had set up in the Yacht Club lobby and of course the tree was gorgeous with it's many sailboats.
IMG_5557.JPGIMG_5558.JPG

Boardwalk was next on my list and I walked through to the quiet pool at Yacht Club and over the bridge path by the Swan and Dolphin on my way there. I was struck again by how lovely and tranquil it is at the Yacht Club and made a mental note to try and stay at the resort on my next trip, even if only for a night or two.

The Gingerbread house at the Boardwalk or should I say the Gingerbread Boardwalk (??) was extraordinary. I simply could not get over the level of detail!
IMG_5559.JPG

IMG_5560.JPG

IMG_5561.JPG

I thought their tree was lovely as well. Even though I didn't absolutely love my Boardwalk stay in 2016, I was struck by the loveliness of the resort as I was walking through and thought it might be worth to try it again for a few nights. That's one of the reasons I am really leaning towards split stays lately, it gives the opportunity to visit different resorts and get a taste of everything they have to offer.

IMG_5562.JPG

It was time to head back to Epcot now for dinner at Rose and Crown as part of the Candlelight Processional Package. Would it be a triumph or a disaster? Stay tuned!

Last edited:
According to legend, La Befana was invited to accompany the three wise men to Bethlehem to greet the Christ Child. She did not reply in time and in the 2000 years since, she has searched everywhere for the Christ Child on the eve of Epiphany hoping that she might yet see him.
"So, I get this invite, right? To the Christ Child's birthday? And I can't remember where I put it. So I missed the whole thing... but this kid with a drum somehow finds it!"
I was taking part in the Chip and Dale scavenger hunt. Hidden within each pavilion was a wreath featuring Chip and Dale.
Cool! Hadn't heard of that. :)
I happened upon a performance of the "Voices of Liberty" done up as Dickesenian Christmas carolers.
So. Envious! I would love to see that!!!
IMG_5555.JPG
Wow!
I really enjoyed the train they had set up in the Yacht Club lobby
I would've liked to have seen that!
The Gingerbread house at the Boardwalk or should I say the Gingerbread Boardwalk (??) was extraordinary. I simply could not get over the level of detail!
Love that idea!
It was time to head back to Epcot now for dinner at Rose and Crown as part of the Candlelight Processional Package. Would it be a triumph or a disaster? Stay tuned!
Hoping... triumph!

Cool! Hadn't heard of that. :)
It was so fun! You pick up a map at the Festival centre that comes with 11 stickers. Once you find the wreath, you place the corresponding sticker in it's spot on the map. When the map is full, you return it to the festival centre for a prize. It's $6.99 to get the map and was a great way to spend some time in World Showcase.
So. Envious! I would love to see that!!!
It would be well worth your time....it's absolutely incredible!
Hoping... triumph!
You'll find out soon..... :)

It was so fun! You pick up a map at the Festival centre that comes with 11 stickers. Once you find the wreath, you place the corresponding sticker in it's spot on the map. When the map is full, you return it to the festival centre for a prize. It's $6.99 to get the map and was a great way to spend some time in World Showcase.
Did you find them all and receive your prize?
It would be well worth your time....it's absolutely incredible!
I believe you! They're wonderful on a normal basis. I'd love to hear them caroling. :)

Did you find them all and receive your prize?
Unfortunately not.......Italy, Morocco, France and Canada were elusive. If I had have had more time, I would have completed it over several Epcot visits. It was a lot of fun though and brought me into parts of the pavilions I wouldn't normally visit.

La Befana.
I happened upon a performance of the "Voices of Liberty" done up as Dickesenian Christmas carolers. This was another spectacular performance and I counted myself very lucky to have seen it.
Two more of our holiday favorites! We enjoy Voices of Liberty year round but think seeing them during the holidays is extra special and I always recommend anyone visiting then stops to see them.
Oh wow! Years ago like in 2012 when we stayed there they had an adorable gazebo with lots of characters on it. Then around 2016?? we stopped in when touring the other BW area resorts and they had almost nothing :( I'm glad they've stepped it up again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!