Jubilant June 2019 Exercise Challenge

sophy1996

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the June 2019 exercise thread! This month we'll check out various Disney festivals and special events from around the world.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. (You can post daily or just catch up when you can.) You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since June has 30 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 450
20 minutes/day = 600
30 minutes/day = 900
45 minutes/day = 1350
1 hour/day = 1800

One of the special motivations of our Disney exercise challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress. (It's kind of a virtual continuation of "Disneytown Colorful Spring" -- a Shanghai Disney celebration that's just finishing up as we gear up for the June thread.)

10% - Big Bash Blue
25% - Open-Air Orange
50% - Party Purple
75% - Pleasureful Pink
90% - Reveling Red
100% - Grand Gala Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on June 1, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:

BonnieF - 680/1000
Elizabeth Smith - 908/800
ljcrochet - 568/450
MikeNamez - 755/750

piglet1979 - 1344/1350
PollyannaMom - 575/500
sjrec - 560/500
sophy1996 - 1225/1200
Twilight Sparkle - 1855/1800

Team: 8470/8350 101%

Last edited:

Hi All,

Its Wedding month, but I'm going to keep my minutes the same as last to try and stay consistant.

Put me down for 750 pleaseeeee and thank you!

Also, I truly appreciate the people who volunteer to keep these threads going. I agree this is my favorite part of the DISboards and it has helped to keep me honest even after I have hit my goal weight. I could never be as creative as you guys every day for an entire month so I applaud you. Thanks again!

I also love these thread. I'm trying to figure out my goal for this month. We are going to London for 3 days then Paris to see 2 of the world cup games and Disneyland Paris. So for close to 2 weeks, I know I won;t be getting any real workouts in.
But you'll be walking, walking, walking!

And we definitely want reports on your trip.

Yes, report back on your trips, please! I need to hear all about London since that's our big trip this year.

Hi gang!!
I’m in for 1000 this month. My gym time had helped in so many ways! But we’ll be visiting my son and his family later in the month. I’m not sure of gym access and South Carolina is going to be beyond hot🥵 !
What a big month for our group!
@MikeNamez - a whole new world awaits!
@ljcrochet - what a great trip! Please keep us posted!

Hi gang!!
I’m in for 1000 this month. My gym time had helped in so many ways! But we’ll be visiting my son and his family later in the month. I’m not sure of gym access and South Carolina is going to be beyond hot🥵 !
What a big month for our group!
@MikeNamez - a whole new world awaits!
@ljcrochet - what a great trip! Please keep us posted!

And that's our first dance song too! lol

Welcome to June! It's starting to seem a bit like summer (for those of you who have already been suffering high temps, remember, here in Colorado we had snow just last week!).

The Disney parks all have summer celebrations. Because this year marks the 25th anniversary of the release of original animated Lion King movie, as well as the debut of the new Lion King movie in July, the U.S. parks are celebrating The Lion King.

All summer at Animal Kingdom at WDW, you'll find a slew of tasty Lion King-themed treats as well as the Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party. Also, according to the Disney Parks Blog, "the Tree of Life will awaken in the evenings with a new story, depicting moments from Simba’s journey in a beautiful artistic style, set to evocative music inspired by the score of 'The Lion King.'”

And over at Disney California Adventure, starting June 7 you'll be able to view a new outdoor musical production called "Tale of the Lion King" featuring a traveling troupe of storytellers. Here's a behind-the-scenes look at "Tale of the Lion King."

There's a special celebration in Shanghai this week only. Donald Duck turns 85 on June 9, 2019, and in his honor from June 3 to June 9 Shanghai Disneyland has rolled out special decorations, food (including Donald-themed ice creams, waffles, and drinks), and merchandise. Donald will be leading the Shanghai Disneyland band, and there will be a special birthday celebration on June 9, giving guests the opportunity to sing Happy Birthday to him. Also, the resort is offering special birthday packages to help guests celebrate their own birthdays.

I hadn't realized that Donald Duck is a favorite in China. The resort's press release about the celebration offers the following "fun facts about just how popular Donald Duck is amongst Chinese guests at Shanghai Disney Resort":
  • Every year, around 150,000 guests visit Shanghai Disney Resort to say hello and take pictures with Donald Duck at the character meet and greet locations.
  • Around 5 million guests have visited the 11-meter-tall Giant Donald Duck on Wishing Star Lake since its inauguration on July 9, 2018.
  • Donald’s Waffles are one of the top selling desserts in the park. If you stacked up all of the plain Donald’s Waffles sold at the resort since its Grand Opening [in 2016], the waffle tower would be 18 times taller than the Enchanted Storybook Castle.
  • Donald’s Duckburg Ices are one of the most popular ice-creams available in the park. If you lined up all of the Donald’s Duckburg Ices sold at the resort since its Grand Opening [in 2016], the popsicles would stretch around the Shanghai Inner Ring Road 3.76 times.
  • There are over 100 different kinds of Donald Duck-themed merchandise items available at Shanghai Disney Resort.
  • The most popular Donald-themed merchandise items at Shanghai Disney Resort include Donald minibody hats, crossbody bags, mugs, Sleepy Donald headbands, and plush toys of all kind.
(The press release has pictures of the giant Donald Duck, as well as the cute Donald merchandise and food.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!