Jubilant June 2019 Exercise Challenge

Congratulations to me and the team for turning Reveling Red, and to Elizabeth Smith and PollyannaMom for turning Grand Gala Green!

I'm engrossed with the Epcot Food & Wine menus for this fall that were released today, but food and wine is celebrated in the spring in some Disney parks.

Disney California Adventure had a Food & Wine festival in March and April featuring cuisine and beverages from California. This year there were 14 Festival Marketplaces, seminars, celebrity chefs, and a dinner with Disney chefs.

And this year, Disneytown at Shanghai Disney Resort presented its first International Food & Drink Fest from mid-April into the beginning of May. There were 13 international food market booths (including Tex-Mex--I wonder what the Chinese visitors made of that?); classes and Chef presentations; and live entertainment.

I have kept up with walking in the am before work and working out at lunch. Also I have had some walking in the afternoon parking farther away at DS's baseball games. DH and I still got up this morning at 530 and walked. We walked for about and hour and half. I will add this time tomorrow.

Thursday -- 129
Friday -- 140

Total -- 1185/1350

Congratulations to piglet1979 for turning Pleasureful Pink and to Twilight Sparkle for turning Reveling Red! The team currently stands at 95%!

The Asian parks all have spring celebrations too. Here are articles about Springtime in Shanghai, the Carnivale of Stars in Hong Kong, and Easter in Tokyo.

One thing the springtime parks have in common is Disney character eggs. Here are a couple of eggs we saw in Tokyo:

And here's a video of a character egg hunt from this year in Hong Kong:

Love the Easter egg hunt video! So many cute eggs. I could just kick myself. I was in Hong Kong many times back in my corporate days, but I never went to HK Disneyland. In fact, I had never been to any Disney park at that point in my life, so it never entered my mind to visit. Back then, I was all work and no play. I need a do-over.

For Earth Day (April 22), the Animal Kingdom hosts a Party for the Planet. This year's celebration featured penguins in honor of Disneynature's Penguins film. Also, Imagineer Joe Rohde appeared for an art signing and a lunchtime Tiffins talk.

And that wraps up the springtime celebrations and brings us full circle back to the summertime events, where we started at the beginning of the month. Thanks for participating this month!

I'll check back over the next couple of days to add any last minutes. Right now the team stands at 98.2%! Great job, team!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!