**July 2020**

Day 1! We're planning on DHS on 7/2 as well. It's our resort change day, so we won't be rope dropping and may spend a little time in Epcot in the AM, but that's our main park for the day. We'll have to figure out a time/place to meet up!
Here's our schedule of days. Looking at y'all for potential overlaps @ariane37 and @buzzrelly

6/27- DS
6/28 - HS/Epcot
6/29 - AK/MK
6/30 - HS/Epcot
7/1 - MK
7/2 - HS
7/3 - AK/MK Dessert Party (hopefully!)
7/4 - Epcot
7/5 - MK
7/6 - HS (Star Wars DP hopefully!)
7/7 - Epcot/ go home (wah!)
I am there on a mom/son trip with my oldest from June 30-July 8 and have some similar plans
June 30 MK/EP
July 1 MK
July 2 HS
July 3 EP/MK
July 4 Hiding out from the 4th crowds at Disney Springs
July 5 DS/HS
July 6 AK /Starlight savannah at AKL
July 7 AK/MK

So my plans are still all over the place at the moment!

Currently, we will be in DHS on 7/3 and then hopefully doing the dessert party that night at MK :-)

Then we should be at AK on 7/4, but hopping to EPCOT that night if they are adding a 4th of July overlay on those fireworks. I'm guessing EPCOT will be crazy that night so we should plan on meeting at the dessert party…if they ever open the reservations :sad2:

Ooh…I just noticed that we may also be in DHS on 7/6 :thumbsup2
Hoping we cross paths at some point Kelly! Jack has vetoed the VAH party and we are doing the Starlight safari at AKL instead. I just added another night on and we may look at a 4 parks day.
The 7/3 and 7/4 dessert parties are open! We booked the terrace for 7/3 :love:
Where did you find that?? I want to book for the third!

I am there on a mom/son trip with my oldest from June 30-July 8 and have some similar plans
June 30 MK/EP
July 1 MK
July 2 HS
July 3 EP/MK
July 4 Hiding out from the 4th crowds at Disney Springs
July 5 DS/HS
July 6 AK /Starlight savannah at AKL
July 7 AK/MK

Definitely some decent overlap! We will almost certainly run into each other at some point. We should say hey! :)
Where did you find that?? I want to book for the third!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/tomorrowland-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party/
We'll be at this one on the 3rd as well!

Last edited:

We have a 35% AP discount at BC which makes the trip most appealing. :)

Nice! I had the Poly booked basically just to see the July 4th fireworks even though we’re literally having our big trip in May a couple months earlier, and now that the AP discount is extended I’m talking myself into CL again...ay yi yi!

Happy to be returning this July! We will be at POR from 7/21-25. We will also be at YC, but that will be in August after a week at the beach. Excited to try a new to us resort.

I am having the hardest time pinning down exactly what I want to do on our arrival day, the 4th.

I feel like being there and NOT going to the fireworks (which is the current plan) might be regrettable. But I also feel like if I wake the family up at 4am or whatever that a crowded park until 10 might be nightmarish.

@kylenne I keep pricing out a couple days in May to go solo (which I have never done before) to say goodbye to SE. I have an AP and probably won't again for awhile so I feel compelled to use it! I also have some Southwest points.... I happen to think a mini trip after your big trip is a great idea to keep the Disney blues away when it is time to leave in May ;)

I am having the hardest time pinning down exactly what I want to do on our arrival day, the 4th.

I feel like being there and NOT going to the fireworks (which is the current plan) might be regrettable. But I also feel like if I wake the family up at 4am or whatever that a crowded park until 10 might be nightmarish.

@kylenne I keep pricing out a couple days in May to go solo (which I have never done before) to say goodbye to SE. I have an AP and probably won't again for awhile so I feel compelled to use it! I also have some Southwest points.... I happen to think a mini trip after your big trip is a great idea to keep the Disney blues away when it is time to leave in May ;)

The fireworks are the whole reason I’m going, so I won’t sway you, but I think you might regret not seeing them!

I decided to go ahead with my little trip and booked CL. Especially since this summer looks to be fairly insane at work, we’re getting yet another system upgrade and I’m on the training team so we will need to do a slew of uptrainings for our agents. I’ll need every chance to get away that I can! GF has always been very encouraging and supportive of my solo trips too.

The fireworks are the whole reason I’m going, so I won’t sway you, but I think you might regret not seeing them!

I decided to go ahead with my little trip and booked CL. Especially since this summer looks to be fairly insane at work, we’re getting yet another system upgrade and I’m on the training team so we will need to do a slew of uptrainings for our agents. I’ll need every chance to get away that I can! GF has always been very encouraging and supportive of my solo trips too.
yeah feel free to sway me, I feel so undecided I could use a nudge lol

I wonder what they will be doing for EPCOT's 4th display this year. Because MK vs EPCOT will be a whole other decision if we decide to go.

Also considering a boat rental that night, if we can get one. Do they have the music on the smaller rentals?

yeah feel free to sway me, I feel so undecided I could use a nudge lol

I wonder what they will be doing for EPCOT's 4th display this year. Because MK vs EPCOT will be a whole other decision if we decide to go.

Also considering a boat rental that night, if we can get one. Do they have the music on the smaller rentals?

I know the pontoons have music because I’ve heard it coming from them when watching from the beach. I’m not sure about other boats.

One of the reasons I was swayed for CL was having the seating area at the Poly, for the fireworks. I am still debating seeing the Epcot show.

I know the pontoons have music because I’ve heard it coming from them when watching from the beach. I’m not sure about other boats.

One of the reasons I was swayed for CL was having the seating area at the Poly, for the fireworks. I am still debating seeing the Epcot show.
thanks!

Yeah CL at Poly is great, sounds like a relaxing way to watch the show

I'm excited and nervous for our July trip since I've never been to WDW over a holiday weekend (went to Disneyland after Thanksgiving once and it was crowded but manageable). We're doing the dessert party with garden viewing on the 3rd, so we'll see some of you folks around! It's our first fireworks party and I felt a bit strange spending so much on cupcakes and reserved viewing space, but I'm already relieved to know we have a spot to stand, so I guess it's worth it for a worrier like me. :)

Question for the veterans: In my research for July 4th trips, I have seen a lot of people reference phased capacity closures around holidays. However, the only reference to the last MK Phase 4 closure for capacity is years ago. Which is it? We have APs (first time!) this year. If we decide to head to MK in the afternoon on July 3rd, is there any reasonable chance of us being turned away?

I'm excited and nervous for our July trip since I've never been to WDW over a holiday weekend (went to Disneyland after Thanksgiving once and it was crowded but manageable). We're doing the dessert party with garden viewing on the 3rd, so we'll see some of you folks around! It's our first fireworks party and I felt a bit strange spending so much on cupcakes and reserved viewing space, but I'm already relieved to know we have a spot to stand, so I guess it's worth it for a worrier like me. :)

Question for the veterans: In my research for July 4th trips, I have seen a lot of people reference phased capacity closures around holidays. However, the only reference to the last MK Phase 4 closure for capacity is years ago. Which is it? We have APs (first time!) this year. If we decide to head to MK in the afternoon on July 3rd, is there any reasonable chance of us being turned away?
You would be good up until a phase 3. I definitely think you would be fine, especially on the 3rd.

thanks!

Yeah CL at Poly is great, sounds like a relaxing way to watch the show
Done the CL at the Poly - the show wasn't quite as impressive from the lounge as I thought it might be. A bit on the quiet side - although it was nice just to relax with a drink after coming in from the other parks. No substitute to actually being at the park. I also thought that whilst CL was nice, I didn't think the extra money was worth it. Unlike CL at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal which I did think was worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter