**July 2020**

ADR day went very well. A few glitches in the system and one user error - accidentally booked a meal for today. Thankfully, I caught it and was able to cancel.
We opted to stay an extra day. The children are very excited.

We went down on the 17th as you were coming home :goodvibes I hope you had warmer weather than we did (I think you did) because even as New Yorkers we froze our butts off lol.
Yeah it was actually quite warm for January when we were there, two extremes.

We've only done Beaches & Cream with groups of 4-6, but I'd think the new expanded restaurant would have room for 7. I usually just book 4+3 or whatever I need and ask when we arrive if they can seat us near each other. Since we don't know how our HS and Epcot days are going to look with the new rides, I figured it was easy to head to B&C for lunch from either park.
I think I will try to book 3 and 4 and request but won't get my hopes up.

ADR day went very well. A few glitches in the system and one user error - accidentally booked a meal for today. Thankfully, I caught it and was able to cancel.
We opted to stay an extra day. The children are very excited.
I have done that too, glad you caught it!

We had a countdown party last night, we watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit (we are staying at Pop again so figured the kids should know who the statue is), POG juice, mickey head rice krispy treats and flavored popcorn (though the Smartfood version of Buffalo, and Sour Cream and Onion are not great compared to Epcot). Oh and the homemade Dole Whip I made was not only gross, but when I turned on the food processor to make it, it was so forceful it snapped the lid on my food processor :D I will stick to having those treats when we are on vacation.

We had a countdown party last night, we watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit (we are staying at Pop again so figured the kids should know who the statue is), POG juice, mickey head rice krispy treats and flavored popcorn (though the Smartfood version of Buffalo, and Sour Cream and Onion are not great compared to Epcot). Oh and the homemade Dole Whip I made was not only gross, but when I turned on the food processor to make it, it was so forceful it snapped the lid on my food processor :D I will stick to having those treats when we are on vacation.

We had a little Disney night last night as well. Our movie was Snow White and we had cinnamon apples as a dessert to be on theme. Nothing so exciting as gross homemade dole whip, though! 😜

We had a little Disney night last night as well. Our movie was Snow White and we had cinnamon apples as a dessert to be on theme. Nothing so exciting as gross homemade dole whip, though! 😜
Snow White's a good one, cinnamon apples are definitely a superior snack :thumbsup2

I keep pricing out adding a day on the ticket to go to a park on arrival day and watch the fireworks (the 4th). But I am wary because it is an early arrival at the airport, kids are all new to flying, and parks will be packed. Pop looks like they have some activities on the 4th and there are no shortage of fireworks at Disney ;) so we will probably just stick with the original plan. I guess I am just at that stagnant point between making ADRs and FPs where I keep second guessing my plans.

Just booked
July 20-31 split stay Fort Wilderness Cabin & All Star Music Family Suite

I'm a little nervous about July. We've done late August before so we've done the heat. But I'm worried about heat and crowds. But as the kids get older with more school/sports responsibilities, this is the only time to fit in a longer trip.

We are also planning on driving for the first time. We will take a few days on the way to make some tourist-y stops. DH is gung-ho but I'm hoping a conflict arises and I have to fly down.
Pushed our dates a bit to accommodate a sports tournament. :rolleyes2 Also changed one resort after I started second guessing myself. :rolleyes1 I feel happy now so I think it was the right decision.
July 23-Aug 3 split stay Caribbean Beach & Fort Wilderness Cabin

Also was able to make half of my ADRs this past weekend, disadvantage of a split stay. Got everything I wanted when I wanted.

Woohoo! Waitlist came through, our first night is now a AKV CL studio instead of standard before we move over to our 2bd value for the next 3 nights before the cruise (first night was an add-on last month, couldn't get a value).

Today was the easiest ADR day I've ever had. I got everything I wanted at the time I wanted. We have done November (not thanksgiving) the last 4 trips (2013, 2015,2016,2018) and it's never been that easy to get the ADRs. I'm starting to believe that fall is much busier than summer.

Pushed our dates a bit to accommodate a sports tournament. :rolleyes2 Also changed one resort after I started second guessing myself. :rolleyes1 I feel happy now so I think it was the right decision.
July 23-Aug 3 split stay Caribbean Beach & Fort Wilderness Cabin

Also was able to make half of my ADRs this past weekend, disadvantage of a split stay. Got everything I wanted when I wanted.
Updated roll call. CBR is a great switch.

Today was the easiest ADR day I've ever had. I got everything I wanted at the time I wanted. We have done November (not thanksgiving) the last 4 trips (2013, 2015,2016,2018) and it's never been that easy to get the ADRs. I'm starting to believe that fall is much busier than summer.
Where did you make your ADRs? Dining is half the planning fun for me lol

We've done 2 After Hours at HS and 2 at MK; think we're going to try AK AH on the 8th! FOP is DS17's favorite ride and we leave the next day so it'll be a good way to end the trip!

That's a pretty good endorsement that you keep going back. I was somewhat disenchanted after crowded MNSSHPs, have you tried one of the parties? Looking to see how they compare.

I am cold. I have a cold. I miss Florida. Is it summer yet?

Where did you make your ADRs? Dining is half the planning fun for me lol

Garden Grill breakfast pre opening @ 805
Via Napoli dinner
Be our guest lunch × 2 (wanted lunch in the a/c!)
Rainforest cafe lunch
The Edison lunch
Sci fi for lunch

We weren't going to do a lot of table service dining this trip. And the kids claimed to be too old for character dining but asked for garden grill. Lol. Most of the places are repeat favorites.

I was somewhat disenchanted after crowded MNSSHPs, have you tried one of the parties? Looking to see how they compare.
Yes! We've done 5 or 6 MNSSHP's including 2018 and 2019 and 3 MVMCP - did that last year after not doing it since 2012. Crowds at the parties have absolutely increased as the years have gone by but we did think the Xmas party last month was ok crowd-wise. The last few Halloween parties were definitely too crowded and I now prefer the AH events to the parties for sure! When we did MK AH this month it was on MLK Day so I thought it may be more crowded but it wasn't :goodvibes All rides are basically walk ons especially by 30-40 minutes into the party. Not quite walk ons when we did HS AH but low waits! And so cool being in the parks with so few people

Hi All! First EVER visit to WDW for me! BF went once as a kid with a split parks and cruise trip.
We leave June 26th on a redeye out of LAX (flying Delta, one of our only direct options) and arriving in Orlando the 27th! We'll stay until the 3rd of July.

Booked at CBR king room with free dining (upgraded to middle plan) and 5 day parkhoppers.

ADRs were easy. We would like to try Woody's, and saw this week the new announced crepery in the France Pavillion at Epcot. Waiting on info for Remy/RAT and MMRR is really throwing us off.

We're CA DLand locals (3-4 trips a year) so we're not as hot pressed about SWGE (already been) but are on the fence about ROTR. I suspect further info about MMRR will sway us.
Our biggest struggle is trying to decide which parks to do which days, how much time to spend in each, and if we should make Friday or Sunday our "fifth" day. For sure going M-Th.
Also we have no interest in Villains, but want to go MK on the Monday it's happening, which is really throwing us for a loop.

Not worried about general crowds, since we are leaving before the start of the 4th weekend (intelligence says it should be fine until Friday)
BUT!!! any advice from Vets is appreciated! So incredibly excited! Haven't been in heat like this since my teen years, visiting my grandparents in rural Des Moines!

Hi All! First EVER visit to WDW for me! BF went once as a kid with a split parks and cruise trip.
We leave June 26th on a redeye out of LAX (flying Delta, one of our only direct options) and arriving in Orlando the 27th! We'll stay until the 3rd of July.

Booked at CBR king room with free dining (upgraded to middle plan) and 5 day parkhoppers.

ADRs were easy. We would like to try Woody's, and saw this week the new announced crepery in the France Pavillion at Epcot. Waiting on info for Remy/RAT and MMRR is really throwing us off.

We're CA DLand locals (3-4 trips a year) so we're not as hot pressed about SWGE (already been) but are on the fence about ROTR. I suspect further info about MMRR will sway us.
Our biggest struggle is trying to decide which parks to do which days, how much time to spend in each, and if we should make Friday or Sunday our "fifth" day. For sure going M-Th.
Also we have no interest in Villains, but want to go MK on the Monday it's happening, which is really throwing us for a loop.

Not worried about general crowds, since we are leaving before the start of the 4th weekend (intelligence says it should be fine until Friday)
BUT!!! any advice from Vets is appreciated! So incredibly excited! Haven't been in heat like this since my teen years, visiting my grandparents in rural Des Moines!

Congrats on your upcoming first WDW trip! We also arrive on 6/27. We've been to DL (in addition to WDW) each of the past 3 years and they're definitely 2 different animals. We love them both! The uncertainty really is making planning DHS a little rougher this year - wouldn't matter so much on a DL trip. What time is your flight out on Friday? Also which park would you be doing? That would influence my Friday vs. Sunday as a 5th day choice. Having the extra day at the end of your trip rather than the beginning will probably get you some better FP+ choices, but going on Sunday gets you an extra full day rather than partial day. Also I think I would struggle to get there and not be able to go to a park for that full first day. My Disney-addicted self would probably end up just adding an extra day to the tickets and doing both. :rotfl:

Congrats on your upcoming first WDW trip! We also arrive on 6/27. We've been to DL (in addition to WDW) each of the past 3 years and they're definitely 2 different animals. We love them both! The uncertainty really is making planning DHS a little rougher this year - wouldn't matter so much on a DL trip. What time is your flight out on Friday? Also which park would you be doing? That would influence my Friday vs. Sunday as a 5th day choice. Having the extra day at the end of your trip rather than the beginning will probably get you some better FP+ choices, but going on Sunday gets you an extra full day rather than partial day. Also I think I would struggle to get there and not be able to go to a park for that full first day. My Disney-addicted self would probably end up just adding an extra day to the tickets and doing both. :rotfl:

BF put his foot down on day tickets lol:rotfl:

our flight doesn't leave Orlando until like 7:30. If we take the ME, then we'd have to leave around 4.
We would likely do a skyliner resort that day (epcot or HS) because we already have 2nd day plans for MK. And it would be our "second day" (we have parkhoppers so could end up being 4th who knows :rolleyes1) at any of the parks if we did Friday. So we're comfortable not having a full day

Saturday we just said hard no. We're flying all the way from the West Coast, and BF has to work the day of our flight. We just didn't want to red eye to Florida after a full day of work for him (I'm a teacher), get to FL at 3 am our time, and try to do a park day in a million degree heat. It did not sound fun for anybody

Hi All! First EVER visit to WDW for me!

Added! I would definitely go for a full day Sunday instead of a partial on Friday. Arriving Saturday, having the day to relax, visit resorts etc and then having a second full day not at the parks would drive me crazy lol

My Disney-addicted self would probably end up just adding an extra day to the tickets and doing both. :rotfl:
:thumbsup2
BF put his foot down on day tickets lol:rotfl:

The price difference between 5 and 6 isn't so much, and if you plan on Sunday as your 5th day but decide you want to add another day Friday you can always bump your ticket to a 6 day when you are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!