**July 2020**

Any idea if big events/conventions are happening for the middle of July? Have noticed that mid July was excluded from agency exclusives and free dining.

didn’t think it’d be just them, but we already have so many things booked ,changing dates is probably not an option. We’ll roll with it. :bored:
The biggest impact is at the resorts. I've been at Pop Century and the bus service and the food court is the main thing impacted there. Otherwise, it's not that big of a deal, unless you get stuck and they start chanting and singing. lol

Finally started coming up with a bit of a plan for July, I'm a total non planner but try bro do better when we're bringing the kids! Booked a couple more ADR's at The Edison and San Angel Inn and decided we'll do VAH :thumbsup2 I've been dreaming about the deviled eggs at The Edison since trying them in December!

Finally started coming up with a bit of a plan for July, I'm a total non planner but try bro do better when we're bringing the kids! Booked a couple more ADR's at The Edison and San Angel Inn and decided we'll do VAH :thumbsup2 I've been dreaming about the deviled eggs at The Edison since trying them in December!

We have San Angel Inn on 7/5 and The Edison on 7/8…also thinking about VAH. We might be bumping into each other everywhere! :-)

Roll call
June 27th - July 3rd - Caribbean Beach Resort - DisSurfer878
June 27th - July 7th - Beach Club / Boardwalk - jfsag123 (dates and resort subject to change - frequently ;) )
June 28th - July 6th - Caribbean Beach Resort - SweetFamily2015
June 28th - July 6th - Riviera - MichaelWill&Megan'sMom
June 29th - July 5th - Caribbean Beach Resort - TVmom
July 1st - 6th - Beach Club - Wood Nymph
July 1st - 15th - All Star Sports - cwaltjen
July 1st - 17th - Yacht Club - Welsh_Dragon
July 2nd - 5th - Polynesian - kylenne
July 2nd - 10th - Bay Lake Tower - buzzrelly
July 4th - 11th - Pop Century - MamaJessie
July 5th - 14th - Caribbean Beach Resort - e-rod jedimaster
July 6th - 13th - Port Orleans French Quarter - DrummerBoy523
July 7th - 12th - Polynesian - Eeyore1220

July 7th - 14th - Pop Century - mekay1012
July 7th - 15th - All Star Music - MelissaBee
July 9th - 15th - Polynesian - Mascara&MouseEars
July 9th - 17th - Caribbean Beach Resort - Sandiz08
July 14th - 20th - Gran Destino Tower Club Level - TinkerTracy
July 15th - 21st - Boardwalk/Yacht Club - 5olearys
July 17th - 24th - Dolphin/Animal Kingdom Lodge - L_MD
July 17th - 24th - Beach Club - Vaninou
July 18th - 23rd - Polynesian - PineappleDaisy
July 18th 25th - Pop Century / Beach Club - katrinao82
July 18th - 26th - All Star Music - cbeeindisney
July 21st - 30th - Animal Kingdom Lodge - stevelle
July 22nd - 27th - All Star Movies - DMLAINI
July 23rd - Aug. 3rd - Caribbean Beach Resort / Fort Wilderness Cabins - HHMcG
July 24th - Aug. 1st - Old Key West - ILovemyDVC
July 25th - Aug. 8th - Pop Century - DisneySwede
July 27th - Aug. 1st - Pop Century - Sjohnson71103
June 27th - July 4th - Caribbean Beach Resort Taking all my grandchildren to Disney ages 18, 17, 12, 10 and 7 plus a daughter and son in law. I know it will be very hot but do plan to hit the parks early take a long pool break and head back after dinner. Have been to Disney around 5 times over the years and I turn into a kid as soon as I hit main street! My husband will not be joining us as his love for Disney is not the same as mine. This will more than likely be my last trip as we are nearing retirement and DH and I are planning and looking forward to RVing across the country. But never say never cause it is my happy place!

Last edited:
June 27th - July 4th - Caribbean Beach Resort Taking all my grandchildren to Disney ages 18, 17, 12, 10 and 7 plus a daughter and son in law. I know it will be very hot but do plan to hit the parks early take a long pool break and head back after dinner. Have been to Disney around 5 times over the years and I turn into a kid as soon as I hit main street! My husband will not be joining us as his love for Disney is not the same as mine. This will more than likely be my last trip as we are nearing retirement and DH and I are planning and looking forward to RVing across the country. But never say never cause it is my happy place!
Added to roll call :welcome:

You will have to park the RV at Fort Wilderness, best of both worlds

Last edited:
Hi everyone! We'll be staying June 27-July 3 at Pop Century. It will be the very first trip for myself, DH and our two boys 11 and 8 coming from Canada.

We have 4-day park hoppers because we were planning to spend a day at Universal, to check out Harry Potter World but decided recently to save that for another trip. I might get another 1-day park hopper, but the kids have also asked to do a water park. H2 Glow is also appealing, but the only date during our stay is the night we arrive and I wonder if we should take it easy to prepare for all the walking in the parks. Any thoughts on that?

I have ADRs for BOG (breakfast), Sci-Fi and Chef Mickeys at my children's request. I've been trying to figure out some kind of daily schedule to get ready for making FP+s.

Beyond excited and have been absorbing as much Disney info as possible. Can't wait to go! :yay:

Ok, so now we have to choose between Smugglers Run and Mickey & Minnie's Railway... and Slinky Dog. My family has ridden SR but our friend who will be with us hasn't - and I will have been on M&M but no one else will. Plus Slinky Dog. HS has gone from a ghost town to tooooo many things to ride in a day! I love it but AHHHHH!

Jumping on board this thread. We've only ever been to Orlando in July, so don't know anything different. We are constrained by Scotland school holidays, but at least we jet out before the rest of the UK breaks up - saves us a bit of money.

Going to be staying at Coronado Springs 6-20 July, with the free QSDDP thrown in. Followed by 4 nights at Universal Royal Pacific Resort at the end of the trip. Going to be doing Disney, Universal, Discovery Cove and the SeaWorld parks. Might even pop across to Busch Gardens, but undecided about that at the moment.

I suspect this will be our last WDW trip as a family - the last trip was meant to be a 'once in a lifetime family vacation' - but then they only went and built Galaxies Edge didn't they, so that is my 50th birthday present sorted! The wife wasn't keen on returning, but was outvoted by me and my son.

Have BOG booked for breakfast on the 12th, and waiting for Space 220 ADRs to open up. Otherwise, not bothered with any other table service restaurants - we did all that last time, and found it far too constraining. Looking forward to going with the flow a bit more this trip, including going off-site a fair bit more (we missed our Denny's breakfasts last trip). No character meals either - our son will be 16 this trip, and has now grown out of them (he cringes when we show him the picture of him dancing with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare!).

We've noticed that the closing time for AK is showing as 8:30PM every day - I seem to recall it closed later than that previously in July (and Touring Plans still has Rivers of Light starting at 9pm - half an hour after the park supposedly closes!). I presume there is still a good chance of park hours being extended yet.

Of course, the other interesting park hours to watch out for is opening time at DHS - just wonder if they are going to open earlier than the published 9am which they have got at the moment. We are looking to rope drop DHS first morning of our stay, to get the ROTR boarding group, as we will probably be up early anyway with the time difference.

One thing that looks interesting this trip is the H2O Glow party at Typhoon Lagoon - anybody else done that, and is it worth it?

Joining the July crowd as my oldest DS texted me a few weeks ago and said "Mum, I want to go see Galaxy's Edge, do you want to plan a trip?" Well he didn't have to ask me twice! As of now, it looks like our dates are June 30 - July 7, flying Jet Blue out of Buffalo. I have no idea where we are staying yet as I recently bought a resale DVC contract and am waiting for my points to load. So we will see what is available. We may add on a night or two at the Yacht Club too at Jack's request. We are looking at VAH on the 6th and have a few reservations made.

Early dinner at Ohana ~ June 30
Sci-Fi Dine In dinner ~ July 2
Oga's drinks ~ July 2
Via Napoli lunch ~ July 3
Homecomin' brunch ~ July 5

Hoping to watch the July 3rd fireworks from the Top of the World lounge if all goes to plan. Jack is doing spring semester at university to pick up a few pre-reqs for third year so this trip will be a nice break for him and also a great way to celebrate his 20th birthday! I am just thrilled that he is happy to go on a week long trip with just his Mum. :goodvibes

We changed our dates. July 30-Aug 5 at AKL. Can't wait!
Added!
Can't wait to hear all about VAH

Jumping on board this thread. We've only ever been to Orlando in July, so don't know anything different. We are constrained by Scotland school holidays, but at least we jet out before the rest of the UK breaks up - saves us a bit of money.

Going to be staying at Coronado Springs 6-20 July, with the free QSDDP thrown in. Followed by 4 nights at Universal Royal Pacific Resort at the end of the trip. Going to be doing Disney, Universal, Discovery Cove and the SeaWorld parks. Might even pop across to Busch Gardens, but undecided about that at the moment.

I suspect this will be our last WDW trip as a family - the last trip was meant to be a 'once in a lifetime family vacation' - but then they only went and built Galaxies Edge didn't they, so that is my 50th birthday present sorted! The wife wasn't keen on returning, but was outvoted by me and my son.

Have BOG booked for breakfast on the 12th, and waiting for Space 220 ADRs to open up. Otherwise, not bothered with any other table service restaurants - we did all that last time, and found it far too constraining. Looking forward to going with the flow a bit more this trip, including going off-site a fair bit more (we missed our Denny's breakfasts last trip). No character meals either - our son will be 16 this trip, and has now grown out of them (he cringes when we show him the picture of him dancing with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare!).

We've noticed that the closing time for AK is showing as 8:30PM every day - I seem to recall it closed later than that previously in July (and Touring Plans still has Rivers of Light starting at 9pm - half an hour after the park supposedly closes!). I presume there is still a good chance of park hours being extended yet.

Of course, the other interesting park hours to watch out for is opening time at DHS - just wonder if they are going to open earlier than the published 9am which they have got at the moment. We are looking to rope drop DHS first morning of our stay, to get the ROTR boarding group, as we will probably be up early anyway with the time difference.

One thing that looks interesting this trip is the H2O Glow party at Typhoon Lagoon - anybody else done that, and is it worth it?

I hope they extend hours a bit, especially at DHS.

Joining the July crowd as my oldest DS texted me a few weeks ago and said "Mum, I want to go see Galaxy's Edge, do you want to plan a trip?" Well he didn't have to ask me twice! As of now, it looks like our dates are June 30 - July 7, flying Jet Blue out of Buffalo. I have no idea where we are staying yet as I recently bought a resale DVC contract and am waiting for my points to load. So we will see what is available. We may add on a night or two at the Yacht Club too at Jack's request. We are looking at VAH on the 6th and have a few reservations made.

Oga's drinks ~ July 2

Hoping to watch the July 3rd fireworks from the Top of the World lounge if all goes to plan. Jack is doing spring semester at university to pick up a few pre-reqs for third year so this trip will be a nice break for him and also a great way to celebrate his 20th birthday! I am just thrilled that he is happy to go on a week long trip with just his Mum. :goodvibes
Added! Congrats on the DVC purchase! :welcome:

Oga's drinks ~ July 2

Awesome! The TOTWL is my back-up plan if they don't offer a MK dessert party on 7/3. We are staying at BLT so we should be allowed up! We are also considering VAH and I know @ariane37 will be there too!

Joining in!

We'll be at BWV 6/27 - 7/7.

We normally go to WDW once (sometimes twice) per year, but didn't last year because of other commitments.

So, this is the longest we've been away and I'm excited for all of the new stuff since our last visit!

I've only made the following ADRs:

6/27 - Via Napoli dinner
6/29 - Oga's
7/1 - Yak & Yeti (not terribly exciting, but we never seem to do a TS when we're at AK and my DS recently discovered he likes Chinese food).

I'm waiting for Space 220 ADRs.

I try to do one special thing each time (last time it was an Illuminations cruise), so this time we're doing the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour. Hope my kids (17 and 13) will appreciate it as much as I know DH and I will.

The last time we were there, on our last night, Toy Story Land soft-opened (I think it was officially scheduled to open the next day), so we did get to ride SDD, but I can't wait to ride it again. So excited about Galaxy's Edge!

Awesome! The TOTWL is my back-up plan if they don't offer a MK dessert party on 7/3. We are staying at BLT so we should be allowed up! We are also considering VAH and I know @ariane37 will be there too!
Thanks Kelly! I am so excited to do a mother/son trip! I really miss Jack when he is away at university so some 1:1 time will be great! it would be fun to all meet up at Top of the World!

Oga's drinks ~ July 2

Yay!! I remember you saying you were hoping for this!! I would love to meet Jack!
Funny enough we have Homcomin' brunch on the 5th lol I believe 11:30?
Yes we wil!
Thanks Kelly! I am so excited to do a mother/son trip! I really miss Jack when he is away at university so some 1:1 time will be great! it would be fun to all meet up at Top of the World!
Yeah sounds perfect!
Wait we need a TOTWL invite to get there lol

Oga's drinks ~ July 2

Yay!! I remember you saying you were hoping for this!! I would love to meet Jack!
Funny enough we have Homcomin' brunch on the 5th lol I believe 11:30?
Yes we wil!
Yeah sounds perfect!
Wait we need a TOTWL invite to get there lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter