• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 4th Parade/Decorating for the 4th

Praise2Him

DIS Veteran
I saw a reference in another post to a parade on July 4th. We will be there then, and I was wondering what this entails...kids on bikes? or what? Any response is appreciated.

PS. I went to WalMart yesterday and bought red, white & blue lights for our awning, garland for around the door, a sign to hang and some flags to stick in the ground. Anyone else planning on decorating for the 4th?

:cool: Hi hope this helps we went in 2000,You can not have enough decorations,I saw some elaborate set ups at the camp sites as well as golf carts and yes bikes! if you want to enter the parade you must sign up first seveal days before the parade,They drive up and down the main roads and throw out candy and other trinkets,It was fun 4 us i hope it will be 4 you also.

DH DaddyDon said it very well but thought I would add a couple of things.

You can either watch the parade or you can participate in it. They choose a family to judge the entries and the winner gets a certificate I think and maybe a sign to put in front of their campsite. We thought we were taking way too many decorations but we looked like we had nothing compared to some of those folks. The cast members participate and decorate their carts ,trucks,etc. We really had tons of fun and would love to go back and participate again if it just wasn't so darn HOT! then!!! WE made a vow that we would never go to the World in the summer again!!(unless it is free of course!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter