July 9th - July 12th at Endless Summer Dockside

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
My wife and I found a killer air fare deal of $136.80 round trip for the four of us that we booked and then had to figure out what we would do and where we would stay.

We had last visited Islands of Adventure 15 or so years ago and had never been to the studios so we decided it would be a Universal trip. When we checked into Endless Summer Surfside on the 9th it felt like we were one of just a handful of families there for the night.

We sent to Islands of Adventure on the 10th. Crowds and lines were non existent. Most rides you walked and walked and walked through the queue before you got to the final 5-10 minutes where you socially distance walked the last bit before getting on the ride. We managed to ride every ride, caught the train to the studios, rode escape from Gringotts, rode back to Islands of Adventure, rode Hagrids again, Hulk again, and so on until closing.

Everyone was wearing their mask, most correctly. It was definitely HOT! Temps were in the mid 90's with a feels like of 105. I was surprised to find that the mask was definitely just annoying and not over whelming. I tried a single layer cotton, single layer t-shirt material, double layer cotton, fitted, and paper procedure mask. None was remarkable better or worse.

The next day was spent just at Universal Studios. Again we managed to ride every ride and left at 3pm because other then Gringotts there were not really any rides anyone wanted to ride a second time. So many screen based rides that made my wife nauseated.

Overall it was a great trip. It will be hard to go back to a theme park once the crowds return. I am not sure I want to go back to having to wait for rides!

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a great trip! I agree that the low crowds are nice and your mask comparison is helpful.

I would love to hear more about Dockside. We are staying there next summer. Neat that you got in before it opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!