July's Summer Fun WISH Journey

Do you have breakfast? Or do you prefer to skip breakfast?
Do you have go to breakfast? or two or 5?
Have you noticed yourself for example if you have oats, vs if you have omelette vs if you have pancakes - what is keeping you fuller for longer?
What is healthy breakfast for you?

1. I sometimes eat breakfast. It depends on the day. If I do I never eat before 9 and most of the time it is closer to 10. For late spring and most of summer I did not eat until noon when I ate lunch.

2. For about a year for so I have been eating 2 slices of toast with smart butter. It has extra nutrients and less calories. I am wanting cereal lately though. I haven't had cereal in for ever. Every once in a while DH and I make an egg casserole thing on Sunday and then I will eat that throughout the week. Sometimes I buy an egg and ham croissant sandwich.

3. I don't notice if anything keeps me fuller. I will have to look at that.

4. I don't like much breakfast foods. I think eggs would be the healthiest I eat unless I happen to bring fruit with me to work.

Happy Friday All,

It's free style Friday so please ignore me if you wish. Can we talk breakfast?

Have you noticed yourself for example if you have oats, vs if you have omelette vs if you have pancakes - what is keeping you fuller for longer?

I don't eat breakfast. I do intermittent fasting and am trying to stick to OMAD (one meal a day) so I generally eat my meal at 3pm. This works really well for me, sometimes I do eat two meals but I really prefer to just eat one.

I don't like eggs so breakfast is hard for me anyways, used to end up as a very carb-y meal which obviously doesn't work with keto. So instead I try to get in some exercise, yoga and a walk or some variation of that. It's better to work out in a fasted state anyways.

During the work week I get breakfast at Starbucks... there are three to choose from between the bus stop and the office, which is a four block walk (this is Seattle after all). Normal choice is an iced Chai and a pastry, so sugar and caffeine to set the day up right. On the weekends I rarely have breakfast... I used to think this was a bad thing but now I think of it as my days of intermittent fasting. Pastries, or other carbs, are really the only breakfast foods I like, but I will eat eggs now and then.

I've succeeded in washing dishes everyday this week, but have only gotten one mile+ walk in, so I'd better get to walking this weekend. Other than that no big weekend plans, although I was thinking of going out to the nursery that's about 45 minutes away, so a nice drive and then some lovely plant shopping.

Hope everyone has a healthful weekend!

Yes, although I am thinking of doing 2 days intermittent fasting and skipping breakfast those days. I did that one day this week - kind of because I had an early meeting and no real time to fix breakfast before I left the house.

I have bacon an eggs, mushroom or western omelettes, scrambled eggs, berries and whipped cream with macadamia nuts. All of these keep me feeling full longer.

Saturday night already for me ... this morning I woke up around 7.40am and went for a 20 minute walk followed by some yoga. I have done some ironing, done most of the washing and gave the kitchen a big clean (the kids just don't get it right ugh - what they think is clean and I think is clean - wow) . I have been good with drinking water have had good meals today :) So feeling like a very productive day today.

I am definitely a breakfast eater - within an hour or two of getting up, or I don't feel right at all.

Something with protein holds me best - peanut butter on an English muffin, cream cheese on a bagel, eggs...

Cereal wears off too soon. And too much sugar (we went out for breakfast this morning, and I had a Belgian waffle with strawberries and whipped cream) means I'll just crash later.

I have had a crazy, busy weekend -cleared out a lot of stuff and had a big yard sale with my daughter. It’s fun to make a little money, but even better clearing out cabinets and getting rid of stuff! Will take the leftovers to Goodwill tomorrow and then I am done!

I will start us out Monday (although I will try to get it posted Sunday night) with a new thread-looking forward to “seeing “ everyone!

And thank you, everyone that took a week in July! I would have hated to not have our chats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!