July's Summer Fun WISH Journey

My motivation this week - be my own best self.

I kind of skated thru last week, but this week I am really going to focus and apply myself.

Boohoo, no IPL for me on Friday... it is better to do it in the fall/winter when there's less chance of sun exposure, because you can not only un-do it but make things worst. Plus you can't take Omega's for at least a week prior, and I take them daily. So I'm waiting. The good news is that it will do what I was hoping it would.

I did a test and ate a small amount of tomato, to see if the lectin blocker was working, and nope, stomach ache within minutes, so that's a no. But it is helping with something because I'm not as tired as I have been, so either it has a stimulant in it or it is helping block something that was causing a histamine reaction.

I'm finally getting in to see the new doctor... first appointment is tomorrow. I'm to that place where getting healthy is really serious, no more goofing around. I had a good food weekend, with very little sugar and felt lighter this morning but got on the scale and was a pound heavier. Grrrrr.....

Here's to a power week for us all!

Topic Tuesday
Failure%2Bquotes%2Bbest%2Bimages%2Bpics%2B%252818%2529.jpg

how do you cope with Failure?

I love the concept of "fail fast". Pick yourself up, adjust, change, try again. Do you fail fast?

quotes-on-overcoming-failure-2.jpg

me honest, I need to be faster. I keep carrying on negative feelings for too long and it's not helpful. I need to learn to fail better. I find for example I was so disappointed when our house move did not happen as I hoped to that I felt sooo down about it. I got in such a negative space, what if this what if that etc. I did not even want to move at some point

It took me while to snap out of it and let go and get on with it again

Same with weight loss. I need to let go of negative experience. and get on with doing better/different quicker.

Any tips on leaving past unsuccessful attempts quicker?

Motivation Monday

I had wanted to lose weight since my twins were born. But I didn’t decide to lose weight until they were 10. It was a combination of things. 1) I realized I could use pregnancy as my excuse anymore. 2) my mom health issues from being overweight 3) and finding something manageable for me to do to reach that goal.

Topic Tuesday

Unfortunately I’ve never been good with failure. I’m very competitive and emotional. However, the competitive piece can be helpful with weight loss if I just focus on competing with myself. And I try to look at it as never failing. If the scale moves up or I miss a workout, it motivates me to do better the next day or week. And being in this group has broken it into months. So if I don’t do well one month, then my goal is to do better the next month. And that competitive side really pushes me to make it happen!

It depends on where it happens e.g. at work not all strategies are successful and that is just a known fact of the work that things are individual to each person and we have to find the right fit. So in that instance I can usually roll with it and try something new - and not take it on so much that my suggestion was a 'failure'.

In my personal life YIKES I also carry feelings for a LONG time. Hello long tern single person right here and that is due to the feeling of failure after 2 long term relationships. In parenting - I carry guilt but I can admit mistakes, learn from them and try new approaches. Health management/Weight - I feel like I have been in a failure cycle for the last 3 years or so - that is how long ago I joined the WISH thread and I am certainly not where I hoped to be by now or way before now even. But from just some research the last couple of days I feel like most of my adult life approach to eating has lead me here and set me up to fail - so I have to re-learn some well- entrenched habits and addictions to turn this around. I feel like I am on the right path I just need to not stray from it quite so often.

I love the concept of "fail fast". Pick yourself up, adjust, change, try again. Do you fail fast?

Like 4Mickeys said, it depends on the area of my life. With health things, I do "fail fast" - every day is a new start! :goodvibes

But with parenting things, I can hold onto guilt way too long (though I am getting better).

The area I still need to work on is "misc." stuff - household routines, clutter, that sort of thing - I have a hard time admitting I've been doing things inefficiently for a long time and really need to start digging myself out of a big hole one shovel at a time.

D445CC55-C771-466F-A449-ECFF46759650.jpeg

I came across this a while back and liked it so much saved it.

Years ago when I was losing weight if I stayed the same or even gained on my weekly weigh in it devastated me. I would examine my food journal, overthink my choices-but then usually the next week I would have a nice loss. Along with not letting the scale determine my outlook, I had to learn not to let one week discourage me-because in the past I would give up. It probably took me about 5 or 6 tries to finally get to goal.

Motivation Monday! Let's finish the month strong, and make this week awesome!

"You can rise up from anything.
You can completely recreate yourself.
Nothing is permanent. You’re not stuck.
You have choices. You can think new thoughts.
You can learn something new. You can create new habits.
All that matters is that you decide today and never look back.

– Idil Ahmed"

I really love this quote. It hits home today, I was in such a foul mood yesterday morning, I wasn't fit to be around anyone and I'm not really sure what caused the bad mood but definitely wasn't a fun state to be in, but I need to just keep telling myself 'this too shall pass' because nothing truly is permanent.

I guess I wonder what pushes people from wanting to lose weight, to deciding to. From kind of trying, to being certain that's going to happen?

What did it for you? have you decided to? If not, lets cross that want to rolling our sleeves and getting on with it, no more messing!

I had been trying to loose weight before I got pregnant with my second. I lost about 30 pounds and then had to stop. I was really intrigued by keto and as soon as I could after being pregnant I started. I knew I needed to loose a lot of weight, moving and running after my kids was hard. I'm doing the work, the scale is moving down, I'm so close to being a 'normal' BMI and then it'll be a last big push to goal weight.

Kids and I were talking about this the other day - I think it is a bit over-hyped. We also think there are plenty of dangerous things in USA - bears, alligator's, wolves, coyotes, spiders, snakes, sharks, scorpions etc.

It is probably blown out of proportion. For me it's the stories of my grandma going down to Melbourne and finding tarantulas in the bathroom, and then being told to watch as they usually travel in pairs. Things like that make me not particularly fond of staying long.

@*tinker*bell* I forgot to say the other day that your little one on his 1st birthday was gorgeous and I hope you have had some good news about that job.

I had today off with 2 of my kids - they were sick and I was not quite feeling it myself. I had to attend at funeral for a student from work on Friday - so young. It is a sad reality working with kids with disabilities sometimes :(

Thank you, I'm waiting on an offer letter that might come in the next day or two. I'm still a bit mixed feelings on it all so I'm okay with the wait.

I'm very sorry to hear about your student I can't imagine how hard that would be. Hugs.

Topic Tuesday
Failure%2Bquotes%2Bbest%2Bimages%2Bpics%2B%252818%2529.jpg

quotes-on-overcoming-failure-2.jpg

I am not great at failure. I tend to get lost a bit and too emotional over it. Sometimes I can detach myself and learn and move on, but usually that's if it's something I don't care about. If I care then I am a perfectionist and put all of myself into something, which I need to learn to pull back and not see every failure as a reflection of self. I think it'll come eventually.

View attachment 419378

I LOVE this <3 thank you for sharing it.

-- on an unrelated note tomorrow is my fastpass+ day... not looking forward to the 3:30am wake up call to be ready to book them at 4am. At least hubby can go into work late so I can go back to sleep after they are done. But we are less than 60 days from leaving as we spend a couple days at Universal first!!!!

At work I'm really good at utilizing "failing fast"and can move on quickly. In my personal life I have to get in a fair amount of beating myself up before I can move on, if I move on. I think I internalize a lot of things and never really let them go. The past few months I've been processing a lot of old stuff, and its surprising sometimes what comes up, out of nowhere I'll realize I've been carrying around something I haven't even thought of in years.

I've also been keyed in to how I tense up when I know failure is coming, I stiffen and pull in to myself in a pre-defense mode. I'm really inspired by the way Glennon Doyle "lives out loud" and embraces the glorious mess that she is and life is, and I'm trying to use that inspiration to relax and let myself go more.

In the year long clearing course this week we are to choose something to do everyday, something small and simple. This is big for me because I struggle with developing new patterns/habits. I chose to wash the dishes everyday, even if there's just a water glass to be washed I'll do it... and pay attention while I'm doing it, make it a ritual.

Speaking of failing at developing new habits, I did not make my walking goal for the past 10 days, so I'm going to repeat it for the last 10 days of the month.

Edited to add: This is from today's post for the clearing course: "It takes time to soften resistances (that are deeply embedded in our physical, mental, and emotional attachments), time to rewire the brain that goes into fight-or-flight, time to grow new habits that feel really good and create lasting change." Fight-or-flight is exactly what I do when I am resisting a pending failure, and it's the resistance that I'm become more aware of.

Last edited:
View attachment 419378

Years ago when I was losing weight if I stayed the same or even gained on my weekly weigh in it devastated me. I would examine my food journal, overthink my choices-but then usually the next week I would have a nice loss. Along with not letting the scale determine my outlook, I had to learn not to let one week discourage me-because in the past I would give up. It probably took me about 5 or 6 tries to finally get to goal.
Love this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!