July's Summer Fun WISH Journey

Happy Wednesday!

“Be happy for no reason, like a child. If you are happy for a reason, you’re in trouble, because that reason can be taken from you.”

― Deepak Chopra

double quote for today!
did-you-really-have-a-bad-day-or-did-you-39130578.png
Love both of these!

WOW, great quotes this morning @HappyGrape ! This one also really hits home:

“Walk with those seeking truth... RUN FROM THOSE WHO THINK THEY'VE FOUND IT. ”
― Deepak Chopra

Another thing I've been thinking about lately (because thinking is pretty much all I do), is how 20+ years ago I thought I had it all figured out and now I'm realizing how wrong I was and how much work I have to do.

Woohoo, guess what I did last night... I washed the dishes! I've also been consistently making my bed in the morning for a couple months now and I've been very good about following thru on things I told myself I'd do... except for getting out for those walks.

Happy birthday @*tinker*bell*

My woohoo is I am feeling better and my kids are my inlaws this week. Being sick was my own doing. In the extreme heat on Saturday I took the kids to the pool instead of staying in the AC. We spent several hours at the pool and then went to the driving range with my mom and step dad. My step dad is a avid golfer and DS has been asking for him to teach him how to play. They bought him clubs as a surprise and gave them to him at the driving range. I think I over did it this day and ended the day with a massive headache and then felt sick all day Sunday and then the headache came back sunday night. It was really bad on Monday and was making me really sick to my stomach so i went home from work. Some more meds and more water seemed to do the trick. Today is the first day i feel back to normal.

This will be the last week that the kids will be at my inlaws this summer. School is coming too quickly and the next few weeks are busy. It was good timing as yesterday was DH's Birthday and Monday is mine. this gives us the weekend to do something nice. We both turn 40 so it has been fun teasing that he is 40 and I am not.

My Woohoo today is a nice visit with my cousin and her 1-month-old.

Did you know it's National Cousins' Day? -
https://nationaldaycalendar.com/national-cousins-day-july-24/

The baby is sooooo cute, and fell asleep on my lap. :cutie:

Small babies are dreamy! I will give my cousin a call one of them is feeling under the weather. Living at the other end of Europe, I find family does not tell me when there is medical situation and she is my baby cousin, I miss her.

I think I over did it this day and ended the day with a massive headache and then felt sick all day Sunday and then the headache came back sunday night. It was really bad on Monday and was making me really sick to my stomach so i went home from work.

Hope you are all better - I get this I have always been a little sensitive to heat like that - the last time was a couple of years ago - I was chopping trees and working in the garden - there was a little breeze, I drank lots of water and had rests and thought I was doing ok - then in the afternoon went to the river for a swim to cool down and relax and BAM massive headache - I somehow managed to drive the kids and I home - the headache was so bad and I felt so sick - if I had started vomiting I was going to get DS to call me an ambulance - I was so sick. But some lemonade, Panadol, cold wet cloth on the forehead and sleep settled in a few hours. not fun.

Today I'm thankful for Instagram. This year I've expanded my feed from just fiber folks to using it to intake information about a broad range of social issues and it seems like every day I'm gifted with some new thought or idea to ponder.

Last week a gal named Sara posted a pic of herself wearing shorts she had sewn and talked about how she didn't wear shorts for 20 years because as a teen she had read someone say she had been mocked for the way her shorts rode up in the middle and Sara was like "OMG! you can be mocked for that!?!", and stopped wearing them. I so related to this because my shorts also used to ride up and so I also stopped wearing them, and it got me to thinking about the random stuff we internalize as "fact" and base life decisions on.

This morning there was a post saying "The years from 55 to 75 are the most creative years of your life...". This is so in tune to where I am right now and hearing someone say this made me feel like I'm in the right place, not lagging behind where I should be at this point in life.

So thank you Instagram and all the lovely people it connects me to.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the birthday wishes. Today I am thankful for my amazing hubby. I had a hard day with the kids yesterday and some family stuff, by the time he got home all I wanted was to crawl into bed and I got to do just that. He took care of the kids and night time chores so I could catch up on some much needed sleep and just unwind after what was a long day.

Also I'm again thankful for finding this board, it has really helped to keep me on my goals.

Happy birthday @*tinker*bell*

My woohoo is I am feeling better and my kids are my inlaws this week. Being sick was my own doing. In the extreme heat on Saturday I took the kids to the pool instead of staying in the AC. We spent several hours at the pool and then went to the driving range with my mom and step dad. My step dad is a avid golfer and DS has been asking for him to teach him how to play. They bought him clubs as a surprise and gave them to him at the driving range. I think I over did it this day and ended the day with a massive headache and then felt sick all day Sunday and then the headache came back sunday night. It was really bad on Monday and was making me really sick to my stomach so i went home from work. Some more meds and more water seemed to do the trick. Today is the first day i feel back to normal.

This will be the last week that the kids will be at my inlaws this summer. School is coming too quickly and the next few weeks are busy. It was good timing as yesterday was DH's Birthday and Monday is mine. this gives us the weekend to do something nice. We both turn 40 so it has been fun teasing that he is 40 and I am not.

Glad you are feeling better. We are having mini heat wave here, which is probably equal to october day (but much longer) weather in Orlando. I am loving it, but it isn't that hot really

Love grateful Thursday

not-all-storms-come-to-disrupt-vour-life-some-come-43961768.png

Few months ago we were so upset when our buy/sell house attempt failed. The house we were trying to buy - number of potential projects right next to it became public and in the newspapers in recent days. Since Monday few houses on same street came on the market with way lower price asking. I guess the potential project impact the appeal of the location. On top of that, our home seem to be in much higher demand.

I was literally - wow, that was lucky escape! Between the price difference for our home and the one we were bidding on, if things went our way 2 months ago I would have been 6 figures worse off position than we are today. Thumbs up for storms that clear the path!

I am grateful that a situation that looked disappointing was actually a good thing.

@sjrec is taking over from Monday. I am not sure if you are setting up the next month discussion or will you migrate us half way during the week?

Happy Friday All,

It's free style Friday so please ignore me if you wish. Can we talk breakfast?

Do you have breakfast? Or do you prefer to skip breakfast?
Do you have go to breakfast? or two or 5?
Have you noticed yourself for example if you have oats, vs if you have omelette vs if you have pancakes - what is keeping you fuller for longer?
What is healthy breakfast for you?

here are few of mine
egg white omelette, or scramble egg. I sometimes mix 1 egg, 2 egg whites depending on the mood. Adding things chopped avocado and tomatoes, fetta and roast red pepper, spinach and mushroom.
smoothie - i have few favorites but I try to make them veggie rich to keep the calories low ish and add things as greek yoghut to add protein
Oats - I don't do them often, but little trick is cook the oats with half a banana while cooking. The banana flavor intensifies and also make it creamy even if using oats & water
Crustless quiche or left over frittata
on work days I have frut and yoghurt
I need to come up with few fun recipes, or dig them out for healthier pancakes and fun meals

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!