Jumping Joyfully into June's WISH Journey

Happy Friday, everyone! Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend planned.

Thought I would share a marinade recipe I have been using lately. I tend to make my own to limit sodium and this is one of the easiest.

1 1/2 T of balsamic vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp paprika
1 clove garlic, minced
some fresh rosemary, chopped (or use what you like)
a few grinds of pepper

I make it in a gallon size plastic baggie and add the meat. It makes enough to marinate up to 2lbs. I usually let the meat marinate at least two hours.

I will try this, sounds simple and I have all products

One of my favorite smoothies - serves two

200g organic baby spinach
1 ripe banana
1 tsp fresh root ginger
2 tbsp lime juice
1 cup of pineapple chunks
Half an organic cucumber, chopped into chunks
1 tbsp fresh mint leaves
4 ice cubes
Cold water, to blend

I missed yesterday because it was a busy day. But I have to say, I am very thankful for yesterday! 3 yards of mulch were delivered first thing in the morning. My daughter helped wash the deck while my son and I spread all the mulch to the flower gardens and around the trees in our yard. Stopped around lunch time for lunch and to take my son to basketball. I ran some errands while he was at basketball. Then we got back home to finish up the mulch. Got done just in time for me to shower and get ready to go to the New Kids on the Block concert. Not on the same level as Pink. But my sister and I had so much fun! It was a total throwback concert with many songs from my teen years. It was a great day to be thankful for.

@HappyGrape My sister is going through the house hunting with you. Experiences sounds a little different, yet both a struggle. She and her husband just finished their residency (she's a pediatrician and he's in family medicine) and accepted jobs at the same hospital as their residencies. They have about 6 weeks off from the end of the residency (last Friday) to the start of their jobs (2nd week of August). And they were hoping to sell their smaller home and move into their forever home before starting their jobs. And things keep falling through. They currently have a buyer for their home and yesterday they found a home they love. So they are still hopeful the timeline can work.

@sjrec I also love that quote! That will be one to hang by my desk to get through next school year ;)

I have a Friday woohoo to wrap up the week right... last night I went to the supplements store to get potassium, because I had read that low potassium can contribute to swollen ankles/feet, which is still plaguing me. While looking around, an herbal product I used to take caught my eye - its for clearing lungs of congestion. BINGO! I'm so excited, as this will really help clear up the remaining stuffiness and cough that I've got, even with avoiding lectin as much as possible. And I took a bunch of potassium before bed and didn't wake up with achy feet this morning, so this also looks promising.

Yesterday I started playing around with a road trip, to knock out a few more states I need to get all 50, and came up with something I rather like: flying in to New Orleans (giving me Louisiana #45), driving over to Mobile (Alabama #46), then to Laurel (Mississippi #47... a seemingly random choice, but the HGTV show Hometown is filled there), then to Shreveport (Louisiana again). From there I could hit the SW corner of Arkansas (#48) on my way to my Brother's in northern Texas. I'm thinking about doing this late August, which is a hot and muggy time but heck, I just survived WDW so I think I can handle it. That'll leave me with Kentucky and South Dakota, which I'll try to do next year.

No huge plans for the weekend, just the usual cleaning and yard work... but I'm going to try to come up with something new/different. At the very least there are several new movies out I'd like to see.

Last edited:
Yesterday I started playing around with a road trip, to knock out a few more states I need to get all 50, and came up with something I rather like: flying in to New Orleans (giving me Louisiana #45), driving over to Mobile (Alabama #46), then to Laurel (Mississippi #47... a seemingly random choice, but the HGTV show Hometown is filled there), then to Shreveport (Louisiana again). From there I could hit the SW corner of Arkansas (#48) on my way to my Brother's in northern Texas. I'm thinking about doing this late August, which is a hot and muggy time but heck, I just survived WDW so I think I can handle it. That'll leave me with Kentucky and South Dakota, which I'll try to do next year.

That sounds great @Oneanne if we were closer DD15 and I would join you :rotfl:we really want to have a journey through the south one day and we love all the house reno shows too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!