Jumping Lines

Interesting, because when my nephew had to go, they had my sister walk him out (had to walk back out the line), then they had them come up the FP line and wait for us at the merge.
Perhaps because we were just a group of my son and I ... there was no one to leave in line and join back up with.

This happens not only at GOTG (DLR)/ & TOT ( WDW/DLP), but also when exiting the stretching room in HM, and there is also a similar room at RNRC. CM's want these rooms filled up. When the later arrivals fill in available space, sometimes they end up closer to the exit door through no fault of their own.

But they weren't filling in the available space. Everybody else was on the carpet. They chose to step off the carpet and walk all the way around the edge to the other door, going around all the people. They should have stepped in and onto the carpet. They absolutely knew what they were doing and were trying bypass everyone else, to get on the ride sooner.

With HM, there is more than one door that can open, so it's just get in the room and hope you're close. And when the doors open, it's a big wide area where everybody gets sorted out.

At that point, does it really matter? This is where I put my "I'm not going to let others spoil my fun" hat and let them go. We likely will be in the same ride vehicle anyway.

The other side, my daughter likes to let a couple go, then we put our large party around them. Then when the people behind us try the "Oh, we need to catch up", she says "Oh, you're with the ones who pushed my mom out of their way?" That usually gets an "Oh, we are sorry"... and the front group goes back to their group.

Nope, it doesn't really matter. It doesn't spoil my fun. I just find it interesting to see the things people do to try and get an advantage.

I actually feel that it is. Somebody who was 20-30 people behind me in the line is suddenly trying to sneak around all us who were there first, to get ahead of us all. If that's not cutting, I don't know what is.

Well, to start, line cutting occurs when there is, you know, a line.

But they weren't filling in the available space. Everybody else was on the carpet. They chose to step off the carpet and walk all the way around the edge to the other door, going around all the people. They should have stepped in and onto the carpet. They absolutely knew what they were doing and were trying bypass everyone else, to get on the ride sooner.

I agree that they knew what they were doing. They were trying to get near the door so they could be among the first to the second line.

You can't cut a non-existent line.

I bet you get mad when people walk up to the other side of a quick service counter, too.

Wow, I never even thought to consider this rude or an issue until reading this thread and not at all what I expected from "jumping lines" which I saw happen a number of times. I actually offer to hold the place of others I don't even know all the time...I cannot fathom why any one would be bothered by this, it's honestly bizarre to me! We (my family) almost always wait in line together just because we like to keep each other company, even when we aren't all going on the ride, but I can totally get not everyone has the mental/physical capacity to stand in line for extended periods for whatever reason and I'm more than happy for them to still be able to participate in enjoying the rides. I just can't even fathom why anyone would be bothered by this, it's not like seeing people in front of you gives any indication of the wait anyway since there are fast passes and others being brought on along with ride break downs or loading issues...??

I have only been bothered by the sneaky teens who weave all through the long line to "get to their parents" at the front and then it turns out they just weave all the way to the front and stop 10 people from the front or so and stand there and laugh at how they just worked the entire line. I have seen that a few times and only because I am either directly in front or behind them OR someone has sent them back when they do arrive at the front. There never was a family to catch up to, they were just avoiding the line and being sneaky. That one bothers me. It isn't that I am having to wait another 5 minutes to let them get on, it is the deceit behind it. The rest of the time, I really could care less if it is 1 or 10 because honestly, do any of us really know how far behind it makes us after we have stood all of that time? Not really. Again, it is the deceitful ones that bother me.

Just encountered the best(or worst) excuse for an attempted line cutter. SRL at MF this woman behind me started talking to the guy in front of me the tried to get past me, I called her out on it, she had a go at me saying I was on my phone and she was having a conversation with this guy. No they didn't know each other and she had the nerve to get shirty with me!

If you are on this message board lady, Huntington Beach isn't as far to travel as the UK and you had been on that ride a lot from what you were saying, this was my first time.

I'd say it's perfectly fine for a person or adult with child to leave the line to go to the bathroom and then come back. I don't think it's ok for them to go get food though.
I think it's fine for someone to go shop and then meet at the front for rope drop. I don't think it's ok if there are 15ppl in your party and 14 are shopping and 1 holds the spot.
I think it is fine for a parent who has an infant or young baby they are trying to feed/or rock to sleep in the corner and a spot is held for them at a show and they come just before the show starts.
Other than that, I think it's wrong to hold spots

Waiting in the line for Mr Toad and the girl in front was joined by no less than 6 line jumpers, including a screaming toddler. What can you do when no one will back you up if you remonstrate? You could show them the page of rules, including the one about line cutting,.. Oh wait. I think more are about arrive, I kid you not!

Super frustrating! I don't even know if it's worth it to say anything to the CMs. Sorry!

Waiting in the line for Mr Toad and the girl in front was joined by no less than 6 line jumpers, including a screaming toddler. What can you do when no one will back you up if you remonstrate? You could show them the page of rules, including the one about line cutting,.. Oh wait. I think more are about arrive, I kid you not!
Oh that is not cool. I probably would have mentioned it to the CM even though it is unlikely that they would do anything. Fear not DLR will send you a survey and you can voice your concern there. Perhaps if they here it enough things will change. For example: they are pretty good about enforcing the need for a FASTPASS to be in that line, and they weren’t always that way.

Line cutters bug me big time. There is nothing more rude at a theme park. I went to Sea World San Diego last month and some lady opened a rope I was about to pass and let herself and several family members in. I didn’t see them socializing with anyone but each other so I doubt they were meeting anyone in the line. This was when I was in the line for Journey to Atlantis. I didn’t understand. The line wasn’t even long and they still decided to cut. People are rude.

Just a few thoughts:
1. Go to the bathroom before you get in line
2. Get your snacks before you get in line
3. Have your party all together before getting your seats at a show or at a restaurant
4. If you want to ride together, the people in front should go back to meet the others; pushing your way ahead of me is not ok
5. Your time is not more important than mine
6. Your kids are not more important than mine
These are not difficult concepts, but it seems like some people forget common curtesy when they are at Disney. We all paid a lot of money to be here and we all want to get the most out of our vacations, but you are not more entitled than the other thousands of people in the parks.

We were in the park yesterday, and we witnessed a lot of line cutting. A bad one was for Luigi in DCA in which we were past the building and a man and pre-teen joined their already 4 member family. Why couldn't they wait as a pair at the start of the line with everyone else? It wasn't for a ride in which a larger group could sit together. They ended up in a car together and that could have been our car next. There were also three teens that passed us while we were in the building. No enforcement whatsoever. So disappointed that us with 3 year old have to wait for extra time because of this.

this has been said many times that i read but i would say if its a parent taking their kid to the bathroom and returning im cool with it even if its an adult that needs to the restroom (holding it is bad) and the suggested wait time can some time take longer and you dont know when you enter the ride that you need to go. or a parent getting something for their child because they are getting fussy. That said i dont agree that 1 person waits and then a group of 5+ people cut in front. they should move to the side and wait. but like everyone says not all CM do anything about it and some people just dont want to say anything because you're not there to make a fuss but have fun.

Had this happen in Australia recently at two different theme parks.

One family did it twice (2 guys and 3 children) joined another person. First ride we were waiting as in line children's only ride so had to line up with little miss so she wouldn't loose her place and have others cut in front of her (as other parents were also lining up with their children ). The ride held 6 riders as they moved up and down on a mini giant drop. This lady with her 3 kids was in front of us we were behind her, her children were next to ride the ride as should have been my child.

Then the two guys turned up with their children talking on the outside of the barrier and then she says oh if they want to go together they can come with my children i only have 3 and then next think you know that had lifted the children over the barrier and my girl missed out being next to ride the ride as did the couple of children behind us.

We saw 1 of the guys again in a line we were lining up in and low and behold when it got close to the front the other guy turns up with said extra children and steps over the rope. From then on we made sure that those guys were not in the line for any rides we wanted to go on.

Next time it happened different park lining up in the heat when 3 adults and one child walk pass us and others to join a man nearer the front of the cue. The people beside me looked at me and I looked at them and they said "talk about rude" I said "you are telling me, I'm not letting this **** happen at Disneyland when I go".

same line and a lady says excuse me as she pushes pass us, I say out loud to myself "you have got to be kidding me", she turns and says my husband is up there" ok fine up you go.

I don't mind the occasional cut in, but the deliberate cut ins irk the hell out of me.

At one stage I had to stand with my hands my hips to stop some people from trying to sneak pass us.

What annoys me more is when people paying for "VIP Tours" are allowed to cut you in line. We were near the front of Peter Pan and were then told to wait while a group of at least 15 people cut us in the line.

I know this is an older post, but this makes me crazy. They need a separate entrance for these people. I understand they are paying a ridiculous amount of money to beat the lines, but it’s just rude to cut in front of everyone where they can see you. This happened to us at jungle cruise in January. We’d been waiting in line awhile with two kids and this huge VIP tour cut in front of us and caused us to miss the boat. I don’t know why they don’t load these groups in the same place as handicap. Then at least they aren’t visibly cutting in front of everyone. I believe WDW handles this better.... you rarely see this happen. I think it’s because so many rides have FP there and they just go in through the FP lane.

This happened to me while I was waiting for the monorail. Of all things. I was alone and this family of 6 behind me suddenly got quiet. I noticed the volume change so I looked back in time to see the mother nod to kid and then the kid slipped around me on the stairs. Oh heck no. It's the flipping monorail! And I'm one person! And gosh darn I was there first! So while he was smugly looking at his mommy for approval the line shifted a bit and I stepped up and past him. One hand extended to the rail and feet planted apart but not necessarily unnaturally. I looked back at her and just raised an eyebrow while she swatted the boy and whispered with her family.
It's just rude. There's no call for that.

I’m a little more easygoing about it than some here.

As long as it is a straggler or two joining the main group in line I don’t care, even if they do the shame shimmy through the line.

If it’s someone acting as a placeholder for the main group that’s a no go.

At the turnstiles I’m a little more flexible in this rule. If parent one a tad as placeholder there for parent two and kids to join later that’s okay. I get it. But if it’s an adult bring a placeholder for other adults they can get out of here with that crap.

I also don’t really care about large theater attractions.

I really don’t care about parade reserving with blankets or whatever where a family member stakes out their turf. My PET PEVE with parades are when people show up 15 minutes before a parade and try to snake into some gap between groups in the front. Get to the back guys, that’s not how this works, and if there is a gap that goes to someone else who has been waiting directly behind the gap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!