June 10 2019 Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral

Hello! This is also our first cruise ever and we are surprising our kids. I’d love to do fish extenders with another family. I was on Etsy looking for things to surprise them with to let them know that we are going on a cruise and kept seeing FE so I googled it :). I have an irrational fear of the ocean so I have no idea what this trip is going to be like for me ... that’s why the kids aren’t suspecting that we’re going because I told them last year that they’d have to wait until they were 18 to go on a cruise because I will never do it!! Maybe FE will keep my mind off it.

I have a fear of water too and that's why I'd never gone a cruise before! I am game now though, after some swim lessons. I still don't know how to swim well, but you live once. I think I'm more excited than my teen son lol Disney makes it all better
I think there will more people than you think on the cruise that feel like you and I about large bodies of water. We'll hang onto eachother!
Hopefully more folks will join in for FE but if not, we will just make it us. My son is 13 so he's not likely to be game for FE but a friend's daughter in our group is my 6 yr old Sunday School student. I think this would be awesome for her. Are your kiddos similar in age?

My kids are 15 (boy), 13 (girl) and 11 (boy) and they love stuff like Boo’ing people on Halloween so I think they will all enjoy it! I just can’t tell them about it until June 10 because we are trying to keep the cruise a secret until we basically drive up to the port. We’ve kept it a secret since November so we can’t mess it up now. Glad to hear I’m not alone in my fear.

We will think of “cool” things to leave for your 13 year old to try to make him like it ;). What sort of things is he into?

We will think of “cool” things to leave for your 13 year old to try to make him like it ;). What sort of things is he into?
I will have to think about that and perhaps be a bit sneaky lol He just turned 13 today and I feel like he is sometimes your average kid (pizza, Fortnite, movies) but then he can be really different too (heavy reader - well used to be more so than now, like japanese/anime music- we are South Indian, and can cook better than my husband lol). Stay tuned. I'll give you some ideas and please let me know some for your kiddos too.

I can’t share the link because I haven’t posted enough lol Try searching Disney Dream, June 10
I found it and joined and got my husband and another friend who is in our group to join the Facebook page too!
I shared this Disboards page on the Facebook page too if anyone wants to discuss here as well. Thanks!

any tips for a first-time cruiser
also, a rundown of fishhook extenders would be greatly appreciated
Hi Megan,
So I'm a first time cruiser as well but there is a private Facebook group that I joined as well that has a lot of members who are veteran Disney cruisers with great advise and they have some groups put together already for Fishhook Extenders (FE) as well as Pixie Dust groups for those who didn't get a chance to join the FE groups. FE is basically an gift exchange between a group of families on board. In the case of the groups arranged on the Facebook group, there was a choice of a select group of 5, 10 or 15 families. Each family provided the names of the participating members, their ages if under 18 and their favorite Disney character (to help gift givers have an idea of likes). I personally am trying to keep my gifts small enough to not take up much room in my suitecase but still useful and fun and age-appropriate. Some homemade, some purchased goodies. There is not guarantee of what you will receive so be prepared with room in your bag is my guess. It seems like a fun way to meet new people and I'm hoping it will help my 13 son meet some kids his age to hang with during the cruise.
I hope this is helpful....

Hi Megan,
So I'm a first time cruiser as well but there is a private Facebook group that I joined as well that has a lot of members who are veteran Disney cruisers with great advise and they have some groups put together already for Fishhook Extenders (FE) as well as Pixie Dust groups for those who didn't get a chance to join the FE groups. FE is basically an gift exchange between a group of families on board. In the case of the groups arranged on the Facebook group, there was a choice of a select group of 5, 10 or 15 families. Each family provided the names of the participating members, their ages if under 18 and their favorite Disney character (to help gift givers have an idea of likes). I personally am trying to keep my gifts small enough to not take up much room in my suitecase but still useful and fun and age-appropriate. Some homemade, some purchased goodies. There is not guarantee of what you will receive so be prepared with room in your bag is my guess. It seems like a fun way to meet new people and I'm hoping it will help my 13 son meet some kids his age to hang with during the cruise.
I hope this is helpful....
Thank you this is very helpful, I am also hoping the cruise will help me meet some teenagers my age, but my brother is 13 and he is really easy to get along with I am sure my brother would also love to hang out with kids his age

Last edited:
How old are you if you don't mind my asking? I will be with a group of 17 others and there will be some other teens older than my son in the group too.. around 16 yrs old. I see you found the facebook group too! Hopefully all you teens can meet up on our great big cruise and hit it off!

I'm 15 but I'll turn 16 on the 11th of June.
And yes i was able to join on the group but you most likely know this as you probably saw the post on facebook
thank you for informing me about the list
and I hope us teens can hit it off but I'm so shy around people so unfortunately, I'll probably be a lone wolf
ill be in a smaller group I believe with my parents, my 12-year-old brother my 8-year-old brother and my 2-year-old brother

I'm 15 but I'll turn 16 on the 11th of June.
And yes i was able to join on the group but you most likely know this as you probably saw the post on facebook
thank you for informing me about the list
and I hope us teens can hit it off but I'm so shy around people so unfortunately, I'll probably be a lone wolf
ill be in a smaller group I believe with my parents, my 12-year-old brother my 8-year-old brother and my 2-year-old brother
EXCITING that you'll celebrate your sweet 16 on the ship! My son is a loner these days too unless i push him into a group. Then he opens up. We'll all have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!