june '16 B & J surprise VR, our e story & ring

AKL or Poly?

• AKL

• Poly

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi there! I've been reading along with your planning journal because I hope to do a vow renewal in the near future too! I really like light pink and pewter together! Also maybe try to come up with a loose theme and that might help with your color choices. :) also a great idea is to think about something you may have wanted for your wedding day that you didn't get to do. I wanted a light pink bouquet and the girls in blush but I ended up with a red and white bouquet and the bridesmaids in black. Ugh. It was still gorgeous but not my original plan. Maybe look back and think what may have been not exactly what you wanted and do it the way you would've this time around?

You know, I didn't carry a bouquet, I carried a Bible. So I don't have anything to recreate or to try and improve on. That could be part of my block.

Stayed at Hilton Head in a condo this week, had tropical decor, the table arrangements were orange, yellow, etc. Hate the look for sure. So new colors are definitely in order. I like pale pink. I like light teal. I like ice blue. Just not all three together. Sigh. If this decision is so hard, how will I make up my mind on anything else? Help! I need some color inspiration.

Attachments

• WP_20151231_07_50_59_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151231_07_50_59_Pro.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 4
Not VR related but OMG. We were rear-ended last night. My DD was driving her dads suv, decided not to run a yellow, had plenty of space between her and truck behind us, and wham! She is fine, I'm sore, my ds is fine, my dh car not so much. I had to go through channels to get to talk to him last night about it. I'm so upset. And we are on holiday at my dads, so I have to get us home now too before school starts back. No car place is open today because of New Years, do I sound stressed?

Just now catching up to your PJ. :flower1:
Congrats on your Vow Renewal!!

Is your DH military by chance? Just curious. You can PM me if you don't want to make it public.
My DH travels A LOT, he's hardly ever home. He's former Army (way before I met him). But I was a military wife before with my Ex.

Ok, you're planning this Vow Renewal as a surprise. Love it! I can't do that with my DH because he hates surprises. But he thoroughly enjoys keeping me in suspense LOL
So are you planning to book a DFTW wedding package? Because if so, depending on what package will depend on a lot of stuff. Like location etc.

When are you planning this for? How many people?

I have our wedding trip booked thru David's DVC. I'll let you know how the process goes in April. But when I booked them, they were pretty easy to work with. I had questions prior to booking that they thoroughly answered.
My BFF prior to moving to FL booked points thru the Disboards. She has had a lot of good luck thru there. We are at Bay Lake Towers, even though our wedding will be at Yacht Club. We wanted a resort that was on the monorail mainly due to conveyance with having the toddler. I figured we would be spending a good bit of our time at Magic Kingdom. And we are renting a car too, only because we are flying into Sanford Airport instead of MCO. My DH is being insistent on having a vehicle.

Like your dress choices. Go dress shopping and you will definitely get an idea of what you want or don't want, what looks good on you and what doesn't. We never had a wedding. So I have the big dress.
I've read other ladies have chosen a bold color, and even getting their dress on a prom sale etc. It's whatever you want really! I thought I wanted a strapless, and when I tried gowns on, absolutely hated it!

Air Force. I've looked at the Shades of Green package too. I'm thinking since it's just us and two couples who are bff going, I'll do an in room thing and stay at a deluxe with the difference we'd pay.

I do need to stop looking and start trying on dresses. I don't want strapless or long, I know that. But color or other things like lacy or beading I'm not sure of.

Good to know that Davids was easy to work with. That's probably what I will do if I can't find a direct disser with an excellent referral.

I've been trying to think about how to tell our bff couples that they can't tell my dh about it. I really want to keep it secret. Since I pack, I'll be able to hide my florals (I'm doing silks myself). But getting them not to spill the beans is a big deal to me.

Any good links or sites with wording for vow renewal before I just start googling? I can't find our wedding video to get our vows and readings off of, but I know we used the old fashioned kind. Frustrated I can't find it. Happens when you move a bunch.

HA good luck on the vow renewal wording! I'm at a complete dead still on ours. I think I'm pretty much going to let Rev Tim do what he does. I do know I'm going to have some words to say to my hubby. He won't, he's not much to talk in front of people. LOL Pinterest seems to be a dangerous source for all kinds of ideas.

Former Army here. So glad no longer.

Have you thought about mailing some of your stuff to your resort? I recently stayed at Coronado for just a trip to visit my BFF, I had shipped a small box of things that I needed for the baby that I didn't want to take in my bag.
It was very easy to do. I just had to make sure I shipped it in time to the resort.

Definitely thought about shipping our snacks and breakfasts but I'd be too paranoid to send any of the special things. I haven't spent much time on Pinterest lately. I was pinning everything and getting overwhelmed.

Well, his time at home is probably gonna be changed. So I put the planning aside as I pouted and dealt with life.
Then I binge watched Say Yes to the Dress with my daughter and got back in the mood.
My dates are now unsure, but I feel pretty sure about the in room ceremony and staying at AK with savannah view.

I found this photo on google that really holds the dreamy look I want to achieve, I think I've settled on pink and ivory! C__Data_Users_DefApps_Windows Phone_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesAWR497VV.jpg

And do you think I could get through the gate with one of these? It's replaced wrist corsages at all the dances here...FB_20160305_03_27_08_Saved_Picture.jpg

We are back from our wedding. My husband and brother are DVC members so I've been staying at DVC for a while. By the time we booked there was only a few resorts left available and I selected Kidani village savannah view for our wedding and honeymoon stay.
The rooms are wonderful. We booked a 2 bed lockoff with the parents in the studio and we had the 1 bedroom.

One thing to bear in mind with Animal Kingdom Lodge is the rooms are DARK...they are VERY DARK. Generally speaking I find American hotel rooms poorly lit as it's usually only ever lamps with minimal ceiling lighting...but compared to other Disney resorts...Animal Kingdom is selected to be quite dark. It's a mood thing

If you are hoping to do any kind of photography for whatever you do in the room then you'll need a professional with their own lighting booms to produce anything memorable.

Now don't get me wrong. I loved our stay at Kidani but for our next visit I'm picking my husbands home resort of Saratoga for location. It's also a bit like Port Orleans feel.
My other favourite resort is Bay Lake Tower. I know it's not for everyone but I do love it.
I know we will back to Kidani as I absolutely LOVE Saana...but the overall inconvenience and the fact that about 50% of the day you see no animals at all from your balcony makes it not really worth the hassle.

These photos we took in the first night room we had which was a standard view. But it pretty much shows...it's dark. I thought during the day it would be better doing photos of some of my wedding items but it made it worse with the glare as it didn't reach far enough into the room

DSC01350cmp.jpg
DSC01354cmp.jpg

DSC01357cmp.jpg

Thanks for that heads up! Photos would be tough. Hmmmm. I'd love to do a theme park view at Bay Lake someday. Wondering if its worth a split stay now?

in case you're wondering,
So, our e story…
we had dated exclusively about 7 or 8 months. Graduation was a semester away for J, and commissioning, and being assigned to a base. He knew he wanted to be married before he moved away. So he made an elaborate plan up, with my bosses help, my parents’ and grandmother’s help, and his roommates too. By this time, he was in a new apt, and had a roomie whose father was in politics in the state. So J told me we were invited to the election night party for this man, I needed a cocktail dress, and when to be ready.
I had no such dress, but a girl at work offered to let me go through her closet. My mom had come over to visit my grandmother, which was in the same town I lived in. I didn’t think anything out of the ordinary there. I had gone by so they could see me all dolled up, then headed back to my little apt to wait for J to pick me up. He came all decked out and told me, the election wasn’t going well, so we weren’t going to the dinner. But he had brought Chinese (one of favorite date meals that you couldn’t get in the little town I lived in) and told me to stay dressed up.
We ate, and then he ran back out to his car, for I was guessing regular clothes to change into. Except he knocked on the door again, weird, and was holding a bouquet of the biggest roses I had ever seen. He took me by the hand, dropped to his knee, and asked me to be his wife. Somewhere between the tears I coughed out a YES! And he slipped the ring on my finger.

Then he told me my mom was waiting to see us, so we drove up there, and both my mom and grandma were crying too. After we talked for a long time about the whole evening, I said I needed to get ready for work tomorrow, and J told me that I had the next day off. He had told my boss, and all my coworkers and arranged for me to have the day off. It was such a memorable night!
Scan_20151010.jpg One of our goofy e pictures

And a picture of my ring.

Attachments

• WP_20160327_02_25_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160327_02_25_30_Pro.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 2
So, J's parents, have mentioned wanting to do something for everyone this summer. Really, really? I don't want to say " no because I want to go to Disney and I have this thing planned" but if I don't, we won't have time for both. little drama brewing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter