June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

Day 2 in the parks. Went to DCA and got everything done by 2pm.
Grabbed a bite from Earl and decided to call it a day since it is so hot with that blazing sun and very little shade and air conditioning.
Doing the beach tomorrow and Hollywood on Thursday before heading back to the parks on Friday and Saturday.

Just got back, we were in the CA park on Sunday all day, open to close. It was a GREAT day (although REALLY HOT). The new FP system did not change how we do things, it was just an added thing to have to pull out (day passes) but we were ready, unlike others... CMs were sure to remind everyone, which was good. LOVED the new GOTG overlay, man it was great. Also we loved the Soarin over the World. I also really like the CA version, but it was a nice change to me, keep it fresh so to speak. We also had a blast at the WOC Dessert Party. We got a High Top behind a low top and had an unobstructed view. Loved it, wont do it any other way from now on (yup spoiled). :)

DH and I have been having so much fun we decided to stay an extra day. There are still several things on our list we want to do or see: Mickey and the Magical Map, the Flag Ceremony, the Golden Horseshoe show, and we haven't been to Trader Sam's or the Carthay Circle Lounge yet.

Khokhonutt, it was a pleasure bumping into you and your family!!!

We just left the parks at the end of our 5th and final day in the parks. We had a phenomenal week, that I'll write more about later. For now it was cool to run into another Dis'er when 3TinksAndAnEeyore tapped me on the shoulder at the Cove Bar. It was nice to put a name with a face. I still love the old fast pass style of touring. We got 99% of what we wanted to get done, done, while maintaining a fairly relaxed pace. We are for sure in love with Disneyland. I'm not sure when, but we will be back.

For now, here's the results from our Rt66 "homework" on the way out west.

Here's our combined image of the Cozy Cone and the Wigwam Motel:
i-8hB5MpT-L.jpg

And here's our combo picture of Ramone's and the Conoco tower:
i-KGSG5vd-L.jpg

We were in the parks on 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 27th, and 28th. Overall...it was a great trip! I will probably write a full trip report with photos on the forum sometime. Our first 3 days were definitely the best. The parks weren't super crowded and the weather wasn't too hot. The 27th and 28th were way more crowded and hot! But we survived. :)

We left yesterday from Disneyland hotel. With our bill we got a letter that offered us to extend our stay for one more night for $249. The going rate is $512. Looks like they aren't completely sold out.

It was a great week. Friday and yesterday were noticeably less crowded as the SoCal passes were blocked out. Splash mountain broke down so many times this week we only rode it once. But the fastpass situation let us hop onto so many other rides that i think we rode more attractions than previous years.

Also did a half day (2:00-6:00) cabana at DLH on Thursday afternoon. Only $159 plus tax and included a fruit platter and 6 water bottles. Cabana has a fridge, safe, charging station for electronics, iPod dock, tv, couches and recliners. Surprisingly reasonable considering the prices of most things there.

Just got home a little while ago.
Went to Olvera Street and Santa Monica beach on Wednesday.
Took 2.5hrs to drive back to Anaheim from the beach... but it was a good day.
Thursday we took my niece and her friend to the observatory and then Hollywood Blvd took more like 1.5hrs to get back from there that day.

On Friday and Saturday we had our 3rd and 4th days at the parks.
And WOW what a difference!!!!
Crowds and heat were so much lower in comparison to the beginning of the week.
Friday we started at Disneyland and got a ton of things done up until we waited 40 minutes for Roger Rabbit and it broke down.
Later in the day we went to California Adventure and did a couple things and then... as we were getting off of Cali Screamin my sister tripped and fell out of the ride vehicle causing an instant bruise on her leg.
We got some ice and she sat on a bench with it elevated for about 20 minutes and then soldiered on in typical die hard Disney fashion lol.

On Saturday we started out at Cali Adventure.
We got fastpasses for GOTG and then got in line for it as well which was supposed to be 60 minutes but then switched to 90 minutes but we still would have had time to go on and then use our fastpasses for it to get on again but then... it turned into 2.5hrs!!!! When we asked one CM about using our fastpasses that had expired because we were in the line for an hour more than posted he said we could still use it and then when we got up to the scanner and it lit up blue the lady was hesitant to let us in but after we explained what happened and that the CM at the beginning of the fastpass line said we could go she did let us on. I mean I feel like its their fault that we did not get on prior to our fastpass ending time as they made no announcements that it would end up being any longer or that the ride was only running at half capacity.
Later in the day we went back to DL and did a few things again there before calling it a day.

We went shopping for a little bit and then got food at the bakery in DTD and went back to our hotel to eat and pack.

Overall it was a pretty good trip however I do think that it will be quite soe time before going back to DLR but hope to go to WDW in 2018.

Hope everyone else had a great time and have a great holiday!

I have a pre-trip report that I'm going to work on turning into my Trip report this weekend since I finally have some days off to relax.

Great job! I did one for our one day in May, but never got around to doing the June week. Call me a slacker. Now we go back in a week for a short trip.

I wish I was able to go often enough for my trips to get in the way of my reports. :D

I wish I was able to go often enough for my trips to get in the way of my reports. :D
Last time we had APs we didn't get to take advantage of them because we ended up moving right after we bought them and this caused some issues. So this time we're trying to get good use out of them. We'll see how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!