--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

Who is here today, 6/12/18?
Having never been here before it is hard for me to gauge crowd levels. It feels incredibly busy. I am used to early May crowds at WDW. We’re getting things done and have two sets of anytime/any attractions in our MaxPass bank (Matterhorn was down all morning) so I think we’ll be okay.

WooHoo! Did you get to do your dry run to M&F today?
The winds in the Southwest = fire season. I always think of the pioneering days when we visit that area during this time of year -- those pioneer women had stamina!

No, but we were fourth car in line this AM. Still we didn’t get through gates til 7:12 AM because the silly garage/parking situation keeps driving gets at bay (WDW gets major props over that. We are always first in line there staying 15 Mina off property!)

Things are going well enough. In line for Astrorbitor with my mom and 5-year old as rest use Spave Mtn FP.

I did mess up big time. I didn’t send my husband early for F! FP in the event TF is cancelled. At 1:30 PM all the FP for both shows are taken. If they cancel fireworks we may just leave and have a better sleep before RD tomorrow.

Having never been here before it is hard for me to gauge crowd levels. It feels incredibly busy. I am used to early May crowds at WDW. We’re getting things done and have two sets of anytime/any attractions in our MaxPass bank (Matterhorn was down all morning) so I think we’ll be okay.
Not there today but wait lists don’t look bad on the app. Crowds feel more inDL because walkways are narrower but often wait times aren’t bad.

We arrive at Disneyland on Father’s Day. We are staying at DLH and booked goofys kitchen for dinner before realizing it’s Father’s Day! DH is fine with it. We normally avoid character meals for any meal other than breakfast, so hoping we aren’t disappointed!

We’ll be heading in from LA after catching the dodgers game Saturday night, and making a stop to see the space shuttle on our way to Anaheim. So I’ll be a busy day!

We just did Goofys last night and had a great time. I would be willing to splurge on it again in the future. Characters were great .

As a teen, I stayed with an auntie in Arizona for part of one summer. I came home (to Oregon) in long sleeves. It had been 110* in Arizona the morning I left, and Oregon was a cool 90* when I arrived. Family thought I was out of my mind in long sleeves.

That was me when I moved to Vegas and would visit my parents in WA.

We are here. It is noticeably busier than last June, but not horrible. Yesterday was worse. There are tons of locals there without a doubt.

Not there today but wait lists don’t look bad on the app. Crowds feel more inDL because walkways are narrower but often wait times aren’t bad.

It was crowded at DCA too. Yesterday we were turned away from the Disney Junior show. Today RSR was closed all morning, which exasperated the problem.

Just got back and had a GREAT time, despite the unblocking of passes on Monday. We were in the parks Saturday through Monday. Monday definitely felt the most crowded, but everything was totally doable, especially with MaxPass. Loved being able to get fps from our hotel during pool time! We rode at least 15 rides each day, and got on all our favorites multiple times. Even rode Peter Pan twice! I just set an alarm on my phone to let me know when I could get another fp and we were able to have some good ones well into the evening hours. We didn't wait in any line longer than 15 minutes.

Did the BB package for F! Some new menu items like veggie pasta, which was awesome for my vegetarian daughter (who has had enough of portobello mushroom everything!) and crab hushpuppies were good. Great to watch the fireworks from the river afterwards, though glad we had already seen them from Main Street, too, as you can see Buzz and the Up house much better from there.

Mobile ordering was great! We also finally tried a sit down lunch at Cafe Orleans and boy are those pommes frites amazing! How have I missed those all these years??!! We did that on Monday--it was crowded and I realized in the morning that I didn't want to fight for a spot in the shade to eat CS lunch, so I checked the app for dining reservations and was able to get one same day.

And one last thing about max pass--just before closing on Sunday night, RSR broke down as we were about to get on. They gave us an "anytime" fp as a result, but the park was about to close so it was kind of useless. However, when I put maxpass on the following day, an "anytime" fp was reloaded. It was good through the entire day so we were able to get our night time ride on RSR after all!

We had a blast! You will too--just get there early, be thoughtful about using fps, and plan for some relaxing times! It is the happiest place on earth, after all!

Just got back and had a GREAT time, despite the unblocking of passes on Monday. We were in the parks Saturday through Monday. Monday definitely felt the most crowded, but everything was totally doable, especially with MaxPass. Loved being able to get fps from our hotel during pool time! We rode at least 15 rides each day, and got on all our favorites multiple times. Even rode Peter Pan twice! I just set an alarm on my phone to let me know when I could get another fp and we were able to have some good ones well into the evening hours. We didn't wait in any line longer than 15 minutes.

Did the BB package for F! Some new menu items like veggie pasta, which was awesome for my vegetarian daughter (who has had enough of portobello mushroom everything!) and crab hushpuppies were good. Great to watch the fireworks from the river afterwards, though glad we had already seen them from Main Street, too, as you can see Buzz and the Up house much better from there.

Mobile ordering was great! We also finally tried a sit down lunch at Cafe Orleans and boy are those pommes frites amazing! How have I missed those all these years??!! We did that on Monday--it was crowded and I realized in the morning that I didn't want to fight for a spot in the shade to eat CS lunch, so I checked the app for dining reservations and was able to get one same day.

And one last thing about max pass--just before closing on Sunday night, RSR broke down as we were about to get on. They gave us an "anytime" fp as a result, but the park was about to close so it was kind of useless. However, when I put maxpass on the following day, an "anytime" fp was reloaded. It was good through the entire day so we were able to get our night time ride on RSR after all!

We had a blast! You will too--just get there early, be thoughtful about using fps, and plan for some relaxing times! It is the happiest place on earth, after all!

What an awesome review! Thanks!! We leave Friday for our first trip! Love the hint about setting an alarm for next FP. What are the times? Is it 90 minutes from when you make it?

What an awesome review! Thanks!! We leave Friday for our first trip! Love the hint about setting an alarm for next FP. What are the times? Is it 90 minutes from when you make it?
Yes, 90 mins or when the fp time comes up/you've scanned into the ride (often way less than 90 mins in the am). Also to note: you can't get another fp for the same ride until you've used that one. So for example if we had a 5:25-6:25 for RSR that we got in the morning, we couldn't get another for RSR (even after 90 mins) until we had ridden it that evening, but we could get one for anything else.
Have a great time!

The app will tell you what time you can reserve your next FP. I wish it would automatically notify when it's time, but setting a reminder isn't terribly onerous.

The app will tell you what time you can reserve your next FP. I wish it would automatically notify when it's time, but setting a reminder isn't terribly onerous.
Yes, when you look at your fps in the "my plans" section of the app it gives you the exact time--I just had siri set an alarm on my phone each time. Easy!

Ooh forgot to add one more thing...We LOVED the special Pixar Coco-themed churro at the churro cart in front of the Golden Horshoe. It was delicious! and came with a slightly spicy chocolate dipping sauce. Highly recommend!

And one last thing about max pass--just before closing on Sunday night, RSR broke down as we were about to get on. They gave us an "anytime" fp as a result, but the park was about to close so it was kind of useless. However, when I put maxpass on the following day, an "anytime" fp was reloaded. It was good through the entire day so we were able to get our night time ride on RSR after all!!

If you get a Multiple Experience Fastpass in the last hour of operation (either directly or through a conversion because a ride goes down) it will be good the next day also. You will see that by looking at the date. It has a range instead of one day.

You can game this pretty well if you are there for multiple days. ;-)

If you get a Multiple Experience Fastpass in the last hour of operation (either directly or through a conversion because a ride goes down) it will be good the next day also. You will see that by looking at the date. It has a range instead of one day.

You can game this pretty well if you are there for multiple days. ;-)
Ours didn't say a range originally--it just said through the current day, but then it showed up the next day. And actually only one showed up the next day, rather than both of us, but they had no problem letting us both in. So glad it goes to the next day, and glad we were there for another day to use it!

Just checked in for our flight tomorrow!! :yay:

First two days are in LA area with rental car. We will be driving from the science center to DLH. Dropping rental off in Anaheim. What’s the best place to stop to grab a couple of cases of water and snacks on our way to Anaheim?

... What’s the best place to stop to grab a couple of cases of water and snacks on our way to Anaheim?

I assume you'll be taking the 5S and exiting at Ball Rd./Disneyland Dr.? If so, go east on Ball to Anaheim Blvd. There is a WalMart supermarket there where you'll be able to stock up on water and snacks. Also, if you go south on Harbor, about a mile beyond the parks, there is a Target where you can get what you need. Otherwise, you can go straight to your hotel and, after dropping off your car, catch an Uber or Lyft to the 24/7 CVS on the corner of Katella and Harbor (there's a Walgreen's right across the street). The CVS has basic groceries, some produce, dairy, etc.

I have another quick maxpass question (then I need to make myself go to bed since we have an early flight in the morning!). I apologize if this has been asked somewhere else. I tried to find a max pass thread but didn't see one!

We are planning a couple of days where we sleep in, enjoy the pool, and then head to the parks late afternoon or early evening. I'm assuming on these days getting maxpass won't be worth it, right? I plan on getting it every day we are in the park at rope drop. But when we aren't getting to the park until after lunch, from what I've read, it may not be worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter