June 2019 Check In

Our SWGE reservation is for June 23rd from 5-9pm, which is exactly what I was hoping for. All of the earliest days were going first, but I just wanted that last day since that's when we arrive. :)

Not sure if this counts. My SWGE reservation is June 22 at 11-3pm. I'm a local passholder, so this will just be one of my regularly scheduled day trips to the park. I purposefully booked it late because I wanted to know how parking, and crowds getting into the park are going to be like. Also, hopefully by this time all the kinks are worked out too.

Now that we have reservations for opening weekend of SWGE, we will be there with the rest of y'all! We get back from WDW on 5/21 and will be at HoJo Anaheim from 5/29 - 6/1. Now to figure out how to pay for all the SWGE merch.....
When is your Star Wars Galaxys Edge Reservation?

Not sure if this counts. My SWGE reservation is June 22 at 11-3pm. I'm a local passholder, so this will just be one of my regularly scheduled day trips to the park. I purposefully booked it late because I wanted to know how parking, and crowds getting into the park are going to be like. Also, hopefully by this time all the kinks are worked out too.
welcome:) of course it counts, Ive added you in

I managed to get a couple of ADRs even though we are only a little more than a month out from our vacation. I don’t know anything about Disneyland dining, so I hope I chose well.

I managed to get a couple of ADRs even though we are only a little more than a month out from our vacation. I don’t know anything about Disneyland dining, so I hope I chose well.

where did you book? ADR at Disneyland is much more relaxed and far less stressful than at Walt Disney World. Most people only book ADR about a week or 10 days out. The dining packages for Fantasmic and World of Color book out first.

So far I have Lamplight Lounge for lunch on one day and Carnation Cafe for lunch on another day. Hopefully Fantasmic dining packages will open today.

I have Carthay Circle and Cafe Orleans, both for supper. We are only going to be there 2 days. We were originally just going to do counter service meals, but decided that we wanted at least one nice table service meal each day.
You chose well! We love both of these!

Make sure get the biscuits at Carthay. I can't remember what they are called. But if you tell them you want the biscuits everyone talks about, they will know. It's kind of like a hush puppy, but better.

At Cafe Orleans, everything is pretty yummy! We to at lunch, so I'm not sure about their dinner menu. Really, at lunch, I'm just there for the pomme frites (fries covered in herbs, parmesan cheese, and garlic) and fresh, hot begniets (spelling? Who knows!). Ask for outside at the fence for a beautiful view of New Orleans Square, the passing Disneyland guests, and the Rivers of America water traffic :)

You chose well! We love both of these!

Make sure get the biscuits at Carthay. I can't remember what they are called. But if you tell them you want the biscuits everyone talks about, they will know. It's kind of like a hush puppy, but better.

At Cafe Orleans, everything is pretty yummy! We to at lunch, so I'm not sure about their dinner menu. Really, at lunch, I'm just there for the pomme frites (fries covered in herbs, parmesan cheese, and garlic) and fresh, hot begniets (spelling? Who knows!). Ask for outside at the fence for a beautiful view of New Orleans Square, the passing Disneyland guests, and the Rivers of America water traffic :)

Thanks for the advice. I am really looking forward to this trip.

I'm new to posting on the Disboards, after lurking for months but I wanted to get on this thread. I booked my first-ever DL trip for June 11-14; going with my MIL. Staying a PPH and have a GE reservation for June 13, 8-12. I was also able to book a second reservation on the same day for 5-9pm. I'm hoping a full 8 hours in the park will allow me at least 2 rides on Smuggler's Run. As a life-long Star Wars fan, I have no doubt that I'll cry

I'm new to posting on the Disboards, after lurking for months but I wanted to get on this thread. I booked my first-ever DL trip for June 11-14; going with my MIL. Staying a PPH and have a GE reservation for June 13, 8-12. I was also able to book a second reservation on the same day for 5-9pm. I'm hoping a full 8 hours in the park will allow me at least 2 rides on Smuggler's Run. As a life-long Star Wars fan, I have no doubt that I'll cry

Welcome :) awww, Im so happy that a Star Wars fan has joined us.
Chewie, we’re home

We'll be at DL for 3 days during the week of June 16-23 (not sure of the exact park days yet) with a group of about 15, staying at a rental house on s. walnut across from the parking garage. We've got SWGE reservations for June 19th from 5-9pm.

Just discovered this thread! This will be our first trip out west. From Pennsylvania and have done two WDW trips (2015 and 2018), but coming out to DL June 11-16. We had anticipated being earlier than SWGE, but since it's earlier now, we had to wait for reservation details to plan out our days. As WDW veterans, we are sooo used to planning out far in advance to eliminate as much dead waiting time as possible. So, I will come back with questions on how best to utilize Maxpass and other tips. That being said, we are staying at the Tropicana. The plan is:

Mon. 6/10 - arrive at LAX late at night.
Tues. 6/11 - DL Park
Wed. 6/12 - Disney Animation Studios tour and sightseeing
Thurs. 6/13 - DL (SWGE: 8am-12)
Fri. 6/14 - DL (SWGE:8am-12); F! w/BB
Sat 6/15 - DCA; WoC Dessert Party
Sun 6/16 - makeup day for anything we missed or want to double up on; Star Wars VR and Mickey photos at Downtown Disney (weird not calling it Disney Springs); get back to hotel and sleep early
Mon 6/17 - flight out of LAX at 5 am

Fam of 5: boys are 14, 10, 6; our Disney Double stroller is within appropriate measurements! Thank goodness!

Just discovered this thread! This will be our first trip out west. From Pennsylvania and have done two WDW trips (2015 and 2018), but coming out to DL June 11-16. We had anticipated being earlier than SWGE, but since it's earlier now, we had to wait for reservation details to plan out our days. As WDW veterans, we are sooo used to planning out far in advance to eliminate as much dead waiting time as possible. So, I will come back with questions on how best to utilize Maxpass and other tips...

You'll find LOTS of great planning information in this sticky from the top of the first page: * DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here!.
This classic thread has great information for you: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets.
For MP how-to and other information: "Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/.

UPDATE ON HOW TO GET INTO STAR WARS GALAXYS EDGE FROM JUNE 24

1. Star Wars Galaxys Edge will open to ALL guests at general park opening hours
  2. Once capacity has been reached, Disney will open the virtual queuing system
  3. There are 2 ways to access the virtual queuing system A. By using the Disneyland App B. By using a Fastpass kiosk and obtaining a paper Boarding Group ticket
  4. You will be assigned a Boarding Group with a specific time to enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge
  5. When you Boarding Time opens you will be alerted through the APP
  6. If you are not using the APP and have obtained a paper Boarding Group ticket , you will need to check the Digital Display Monitors to see when your Boarding Group opens. There will be no return time on the paper Boarding Group ticket
  7. Once your Boarding Group opens, you will have 2 hours to check into Star Wars Galaxys Edge. This means that if you get an alert that your Boarding Group can enter Star Wars Galaxys Edge, and you are in line at Radiator Springs Racers in California Adventures, you can still ride Radiator Springs Racers. You will have plenty of time to get back to Star Wars Galaxys Edge.
  8. Once inside Star Wars Galaxys Edge, there will be no time limit on how long you can stay

SOURCE https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201905/6766/

UPDATE FOR GUESTS USING THE RESERVATION SYSTEM MAY 31 TO JUNE 23

Guests will be issued coloured wristbands for their 4 hour reservation, the same as they use at the Halloween parties. You will need to show a valid wristband colour into order to wait in line for Millennium Falcon or enter Olgas Cantina or other locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter