** June 2020 Check In **

Well, after much discussion with DS we regretfully decided that we're cancelling our June trip. We're finally convinced that the parks aren't gonna be open plus his employer isn't being very generous about allowing people off work.

We're thinking of re-booking sometime midAug to early Sept. We want to avoid the mad crowds of Halloweentime but also want to avoid HM being closed for the overlay, so we'll have to wait and see how they're going to 'do' Halloween post-reopening.

Well, after much discussion with DS we regretfully decided that we're cancelling our June trip. We're finally convinced that the parks aren't gonna be open plus his employer isn't being very generous about allowing people off work.

We're thinking of re-booking sometime midAug to early Sept. We want to avoid the mad crowds of Halloweentime but also want to avoid HM being closed for the overlay, so we'll have to wait and see how they're going to 'do' Halloween post-reopening.
Oh, no! Sorry to hear that. When you are ready, join the August or September check in thread. (If HM really matters and you want to play it safe, aim for earlier in August.) Hoping we get official news about the summer and Halloween Time soon!

Well this was unexpected.

I couldn't figure out why I was getting what looked like a normal "confirmation" email from the BW at which I had booked late June (I actually had 2 different hotels booked, just to see which we felt more inclined to stay at when the time came).

I looked alllll the way down at the bottom and it says they're closed through June 30. That... is depressing (even though I had no reason to believe it would actually happen).

This was the BW Plus Anaheim Inn.

I do still have a room at the Hyatt House... for now.

Oh, no! Sorry to hear that. When you are ready, join the August or September check in thread. (If HM really matters and you want to play it safe, aim for earlier in August.) Hoping we get official news about the summer and Halloween Time soon!

Thanks! I'll be sure to join up ASA we decide what we're doing! Actually, make that as soon as Disney decides what it's doing. Ideally I know that DS would love to see HMH, but he doesn't do well with crowds. When DH and went (in 2012) we went the 1st week it was reopened and there were no parties. It was great! Crowds were low and we had a great time. Of course that was pre-DCA being all decked out and there were no parties when we were there.

I've been wondering how Disney is going to be able to 'handle' HT since the logistics and planning must take months. But I guess so much of it is done every year that getting things 'set up' is probably pretty 'easy' by now. The question will be 'how many people can we cram will be allowed in and does it make financial sense'.

this is great news, and I'm staying positive for a June opening of some sort. International travel is not possible for me, but for all the locals and those of you who can travel to California , it gives you something to aim for after so many weeks of nothing.

Hmmm, so what does that mean for DTD? Will they do a reopening a la Disney Springs where 3rd party vendors went ahead with reopening?

It's a bit different scenario in that DS is a 'stand alone' area away from any theme parks and hotels whereas DTD is smack in the middle of the DLR itself.

Our local mall opened yesterday as well as 'indoors' dining at restaurants now being allowed, as long as they meet certain criteria for public safety. I'm not going near either, even with a face mask, for at least 3 weeks to see if infection rates soar. I'd feel the same about DS or DTD if I were local to the areas.

Hmmm, so what does that mean for DTD? Will they do a reopening a la Disney Springs where 3rd party vendors went ahead with reopening?

It's a bit different scenario in that DS is a 'stand alone' area away from any theme parks and hotels whereas DTD is smack in the middle of the DLR itself.

Our local mall opened yesterday as well as 'indoors' dining at restaurants now being allowed, as long as they meet certain criteria for public safety. I'm not going near either, even with a face mask, for at least 3 weeks to see if
infection rates soar. I'd feel the same about DS or DTD if I were local to the areas.

I hope Disney realizes they are leaving a good chunk of daily change by NOT opening up DTD. They can block it off so the esplanade isn't accessible. Open up all the Disney properties, especially Marceline's. Let the parking be free, or very reduced in price. It would be awesome for them to revamp the AMC theater to a "Disney" theater and show Disney owned movies. Come on Disney, trust your loyal fan base and give them something.

Well, that's interesting. And honestly, a bit surprising.

Unfortunately, the article is behind a paywall so I only caught a glimpse. Googled a bit and found on another Disney fan site that there will (allegedly) be as-yet-unknown 'protocols' and 'capacity limitations'.

Also saw a blurb elsewhere that WDW is supposedly submitting their reopening plan to OC (FLA) officials today.

Last edited:
Well, that's interesting. And honestly, a bit surprising.

Unfortunately, the article is behind a paywall so I only caught a glimpse.

its not, but here you go, I copied and pasted for you :)

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/05/...theme-parks-can-reopen-in-stage-3-state-says/
Disneyland and other California theme parks can reopen in Stage 3, state says
Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland California and other theme parks fall into Stage 3 of California’s roadmap for reopening plan, according to state officials.

By BRADY MACDONALD
PUBLISHED: May 26, 2020 at 11:44 a.m. | UPDATED: May 26, 2020 at 6:37 p.m.

Disneyland and other California theme parks currently closed by the COVID-19 pandemic can reopen during Stage 3 of Gov. Gavin Newsom’s four-stage road map for reopening the state’s economy, according to state officials.
Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, SeaWorld San Diego, Legoland California and other theme parks fall into Stage 3 of California’s road map for reopening, according to state officials.

“Theme parks are slated to open in Stage 3 if the rate of spread of COVID-19 and hospitalizations remain stable,” according to California Health and Human Services Agency spokesperson Kate Folmar.

California theme parks have been closed since mid-March due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Newsom announced on Tuesday, May 26 that Orange County and other counties in the state approved for accelerated reopening could move into the early phase of Stage 3 for the first time with the reopening of hair salons and barber shops.

“Phase 3 is not a year away. It’s not six months away. It’s not even three months away. It may not even be more than a month away,” Newsom said during a daily press briefing in mid-May. “We just want to make sure we have a protocol in place to secure customer safety, employee safety and allow the businesses to thrive in a way that is sustainable.”
Newsom has not set a specific date when Stage 3 could begin in California.

“The science and data of how COVID-19 hospitalizations are progressing, how prepared hospitals are for increased cases and whether hospitals have adequate personal protective equipment will guide when the state enters stage 3,” Folmar said via email.

California theme parks are among the “higher risk” businesses and gatherings that would reopen in Stage 3 with adaptations and limits on the size of gatherings, according to Folmar.

“The California Department of Public Health will issue detailed guidance with suggested modifications for how to minimize the risk of COVID-19 spread when theme parks reopen,” Folmar said via email.

Other Stage 3 close-contact businesses and gatherings include salons, gyms, theaters, religious services, weddings and sporting events without live audiences.

The state will work with California theme parks on developing COVID-19 health and safety reopening plans, according to Folmar.

“We will work with employers and employees on developing guidance,” Folmar said via email.

The state could issue guidance on theme parks in the “near term,” according to Anaheim spokesman Mike Lyster.

Disneyland has not submitted a COVID-19 health and safety reopening plan to the city, county or state, according to Lyster. Anaheim will be closely watching the phased reopenings of Shanghai Disneyland in China and the Walt Disney World resort in Florida to learn best practices, according to Lyster.

“Disney is fantastic at crowd control,” Lyster said by phone.

The Shanghai Disneyland theme park reopened with advance reservations on May 11. The Disney Springs and Universal CityWalk outdoor malls at the theme park resort properties in Florida have reopened with new health and safety protocols.

Legoland Florida plans to reopen on June 1. Universal Orlando is scheduled to reopen on June 5. SeaWorld Orlando hopes to reopen in June. Disney World is expected to submit a theme park reopening plan to Florida officials this week.

No California theme parks have announced firm reopening dates after 10 weeks of coronavirus closures.

Well, after that glimmer of hope yesterday, WDW has announced opening MK and AK on July 11, and HS and Epcot July 15. There’s a precedent being set with other parks (Sea World, Universal) for the FL park opening earlier, so it looks like DLR may not be until late July or early August if that trend follows. :(

Summery of info about Walt Disney World

Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom opening July 11
Epcot and Hollywood Studios opening July 15

There will be CM openings before these days.
Facemasks / covering will be mandatory for CM's and guests
Guests will have temperature checks before arrival at the parks
There will be advance reservation ticket system for all guests
There will be no character meet and greets, parades or fireworks

No mention of DVC, resorts or water parks
No details about advance reservation system

Ok, got some happy news to report. Some of you may be able to see I have updated my California Countdown in my signature.

Long story short, I have rescheduled my trip to October 2020. Its amazing how much has changed in a few weeks. Originally when Covid 19 got serious my travel insurance put in a Covid 19 medical insurance exclusion clause, which meant that I would not be covered for any medical treatment relating to Covid 19 in USA.

Well this week I got an auto renewal notification for my annual travel insurance and when I checked the policy document, they have changed it and they now WILL cover emergency medical treatment for Covid 19 in USA.

I managed to change the dates on my flights without any extra charge and I did the same with the hotels.

So now I'm off to the October check in thread.

I really hope all the June people get their trips, I am still staying hopeful for you all that Disneyland will reopen in June.

Ok, got some happy news to report. Some of you may be able to see I have updated my California Countdown in my signature.

Long story short, I have rescheduled my trip to October 2020. Its amazing how much has changed in a few weeks. Originally when Covid 19 got serious my travel insurance put in a Covid 19 medical insurance exclusion clause, which meant that I would not be covered for any medical treatment relating to Covid 19 in USA.

Well this week I got an auto renewal notification for my annual travel insurance and when I checked the policy document, they have changed it and they now WILL cover emergency medical treatment for Covid 19 in USA.

I managed to change the dates on my flights without any extra charge and I did the same with the hotels.

I really hope all the June people get their trips, I am still staying hopeful for you all that Disneyland will reopen in June.

Hooray! I think this could be the luck of the Irish! Wishing you the best trip in October.

Yay! I'm so happy for you! I know how important the June trip is for you for other non-Disney reasons, and how difficult not coming to CA has been. It's great for some good news. I hope you have a fantastic October trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts