June 2020 Trip Cancelled :(

Part-Time Paradise

Is it camping season yet?
I held out hope for a long time. My work vacation time got turned on its ear, so even if the Mouse opens his doors in time for our reservations, I still couldn't go. We had 8 days at FW with 6 day park hoppers and bookending it with 3 days at Port Canaveral CG. Well POOP!

I guess I can start planning for 2021. Hopefully I call roll my tickets over with little hassle.

I hope you are all safe and your plans are working out.

I feel your pain. I'm still hanging onto my June 26-30 reservation, but I will be cancelling if Disney doesn't. I have plenty of PTO and can swing the $ and time off, even with Covid recovery craziness at work, but I think, even if the parks are open by then, the experience will be limited enough that I should just wait until later. Hopefully the DIS Meet in October will be a go. I'm looking forward to a nice long visit with some crazy Disney friends.

Right there with you
My June 4-11 was cancelled by us because it wasn't looking promising. Last week I got er mail from Disney saying unfortunately they had to cancel my dining reservations. However, they were already canceled. Still got hope October holds up though.

Last edited:

I have 6/10-6/14, I'm waiting for the email from Disney that they will cancel. If they decide to open FW by then, we would go. We just want to camp and hang out under our awning. Our APs would be blacked out anyway, so parks being closed is no big deal to us. And if they don't open FW, I will hold on to my August and September ressies and hope that they will happen.

I'm thinking October will be fine.
Here's to you being correct. We have reservations Nov 14 to Dec 12.

Heres+to+another+year+with+you+s+see+you+all_13b47b_5405985.gif

I just got the dreaded email, so our June trip is not happening. In a few days I’ll call Disney and ask them to move the deposit to our August reservation.

Sorry all. But im guessing its for the best, qho knows what disney will look like during the first weeks after reopening.

DW cancelled our 47th Anniversary FW stay for June but is leaving the July open for now.

Ah rats, for all that are in the same boat with me.

I can't make it for the rest of the year, so I'm re-booked for June 2021. I threw on 2 more days at FW, because why not? Hoping my tickets can get rolled over and we're back in bidness about 370 days late.

All I need now is Jetty Park CG in Port Canaveral to open up for ressies again.

Good luck everyone

While hubby and I wanted to sneak away for a weekend this year, we won't go until the mask requirement is gone. It is way too hot to breathe even in fabric for me.
I hope that by next June it is back to a better normal.

we won't go until the mask requirement is gone. It is way too hot to breathe even in fabric for me.
I hope that by next June it is back to a better normal.

Yes and yes. While I had no choice but to cancel, I was still really leery on going with masks. I'm ready to rip them off after grocery shopping in the A/C for five minutes. I don't know how I would make it for a full day in one of the parks.

I actually don't wear one unless I am in a place where it is "required". I heard many doctors saying that the only ones that should wear them are the immunocompromised (and they usually do anyway) and that they themselves do not wear a mask outside.

I heard many doctors saying that the only ones that should wear them are the immunocompromised (and they usually do anyway) and that they themselves do not wear a mask outside.
Not to start a mask debate (feel free to go through the hundreds of pages of "M word" debate on the News and Rumors board), but the immunocompromised (and all other "at risk" people) need YOU (and everyone else within 6 feet) to wear a mask. I'm used to wearing one all day at work, but I do understand how it is new and strange to most people.

j

Not to start a mask debate (feel free to go through the hundreds of pages of "M word" debate on the News and Rumors board), but the immunocompromised (and all other "at risk" people) need YOU (and everyone else within 6 feet) to wear a mask. I'm used to wearing one all day at work, but I do understand how it is new and strange to most people.

j
This is all I'll say because I actually have no interest in a debate because just like in everything- people can and need to come to their own conclusions based on the information they have or find, but I figured I would get some heat for my comment of not wearing one regularly anyway.

I appreciate your view as one who is more in the middle of it that I am. I am not caring for anyone with Covid, those are the recommendations from The WHO on which healthy people should wear one. I also do not live in a densely populated area like NY City.
But there is so much conflicting information on whether or not mask wearing stops you from spreading and/or the "asymptomatic" cases are actually contagious. In fact, a recent study said "we conclude that the infectivity of some asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 carriers might be weak." Some even say a mask gives a false sense of security and people are touching them all day long, bringing the virus to your mucous membranes.

And while everyone wearing a mask to keep everyone else safe in theory is good, we (non immunocompromised) the regular folk actually NEED daily doses of bacteria and viruses in order to keep our own immune systems working properly, or we will have more immune issues in our populous.

I am a different sort though, I had home-births and my doctor is a functional medicine doctor, so my idea of normal healthcare starts with my own natural immunity and then works out to conventional medicine as needed instead of jumping to drugs as a first resort except in dire need.

But I will not wear a mask at Disney just because the CDC thinks I should (conflicting with The WHO by the way).
So we are prepared to cancel in a year if that is still a requirement based off my own research and judgement. :)
I do have people in our family that would not fare well with Covid, both of them have had lung disease, so we are keeping our distance from them as a precaution, so I am not blind to the spread of Covid, but staying away is safer than wearing a mask and getting up close.

I look at the calendar thinking "I should be packing" our trip was June 1st. We moved to August but now it looks like masks will be required - no way in Florida heat - so now we're going January. Crap. have to re-do all the passes, ADR... ug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter