June 22, 2019- Disney Magic Mediterranean Cruise

Hello everyone! Looking for suggestions on luggage. Has anyone owned the ebags Mother Lode Junior 25”? 2 adults and 2 teens and we each need our own bag. Thanks!

welcome to a thread for cruisers on Disney Magic's Rome to Barcelona 7-night voyage!

hello! please leave some things about yourself below! for example, I am traveling with my family of 4 and this is our 3rd DCL cruise. we've been on the Dream and Fantasy already. we will stay in Rome and then Barcelona pre and post cruise. also, we live on the east coast in the USA!

some info about the itinerary:

day 1
Saturday June 22, 2019
Civitavecchia (Rome)

day 2
Sunday June 23, 2019
Naples (Pompeii)

day 3
Monday June 24, 2019
At Sea

day 4
Tuesday June 25, 2019
Livorno (Florence, Pisa)

day 5
Wednesday June 26, 2019
Genoa (Milan)

day 6
Thursday June 27, 2019
Cannes

day 7
Friday June 28, 2019
Toulon, France

day 8
Saturday June 29, 2019
Barcelona (Debarkation)

EDIT-- people under 20 on this cruise are 12-boy, 12-boy, 13-girl, 14-girl, 14-girl, 14-girl, 16-boy, 16-girl, 16-girl, 18-girl, and 18-girl

My family will be on this cruise! We have done a bunch of Disney cruises out of Port Canaveral and one Alaskan cruise. This will be our first to Europe and we are so excited. Our kids will be 26, 18, 16, 13, 11, 6, 4 and 2!! Plus my in laws will also be joining us

Count us in! It'll be our (DH, myself, DD(9 in Jul2019)) 3rd DCL cruise. We are also taking my parents along for their 1st DCL cruise. OH..and we're from Bay area California.

We did the Bahamas cruise on Dream in 2016, and Alaska on Wonder 2 weeks ago.

Since I just booked yesterday, haven't given much thought about where and how many days to stay pre & post cruise. But I've been to both Italy/Spain before and I know we'll enjoy all the sightseeing and food in both cities.

My family will also be joining the cruise - me, DH, and DD (14 at the time of the cruise). This will be our 4th cruise and second one in Europe. We were on the British Isles cruise last summer and had a blast. I'm East Coast, based in CT.

If anyone has any pre-cruise hotel recommendations in Rome, I would love to know. We aren't going through Disney for pre and post cruise.

We’re on this cruise too! My daughter will be graduating from high school and my son is currently 14. Following along for information, this will be our first Disney cruise.
Just Booked as well for my son and daughter's graduation from high school next year. Disney cruises are the best my kids just absolutely love them. This will be the second Mediterranean cruise for me and my husband. Yes we cruise without our kids and it is awesome.

My family will also be joining the cruise - me, DH, and DD (14 at the time of the cruise). This will be our 4th cruise and second one in Europe. We were on the British Isles cruise last summer and had a blast. I'm East Coast, based in CT.

If anyone has any pre-cruise hotel recommendations in Rome, I would love to know. We aren't going through Disney for pre and post cruise.

hello, were also looking into pre-cruise hotels in Rome! we originally planned to do the Adventures by Disney trip, but i called them and it's booked. I'll look into it!

We will also be celebrating an 8th grade graduation for my daughter (14 at time of sail) as well as 5th grade for my son. It will also be his 12th birthday. We are also celebrating my father's 70th birthday and my brother's 2 wedding anniversary! It's our first cruise ever.

We will also be celebrating an 8th grade graduation for my daughter (14 at time of sail) as well as 5th grade for my son. It will also be his 12th birthday. We are also celebrating my father's 70th birthday and my brother's 2 wedding anniversary! It's our first cruise ever.

that's great! there's almost only 300 days until the ship embarks!

We are a family of 6 on our first cruise, we have 9 year old triplets plus grandma. We are going with 2 other families with kids ranging from 3 to 13. We are in adjoining deluxe verandah on deck 6. Love to hear suggestions and tips.

that's great! the countdown begins!!

Hi! Just booked today! We are a family of two adults and one 8 year old girl. Hopefully my sister, mother, and 10 year old niece will be joining us in a second stateroom. They put one on three day hold while they solidify everything. This will be our second Disney Cruise adventure. We went on a Bahamanian cruise last March on the Wonder and loved it. Excited to have the opportunity to travel around Europe with our daughter while enjoying the magic of Disney. Planning to stay a few extra days in both Rome and Barcelona. Didn't think we'd get the opportunity to cruise again for at least two years, so thrilled we've got one booked for 2019! Clearly should have booked a placeholder last Spring! Learned my lesson and will book one on this next trip.

Hi! Just booked today! We are a family of two adults and one 8 year old girl. Hopefully my sister, mother, and 10 year old niece will be joining us in a second stateroom. They put one on three day hold while they solidify everything. This will be our second Disney Cruise adventure. We went on a Bahamanian cruise last March on the Wonder and loved it. Excited to have the opportunity to travel around Europe with our daughter while enjoying the magic of Disney. Planning to stay a few extra days in both Rome and Barcelona. Didn't think we'd get the opportunity to cruise again for at least two years, so thrilled we've got one booked for 2019! Clearly should have booked a placeholder last Spring! Learned my lesson and will book one on this next trip.

so exciting! do you know where you will be staying pre and post cruise? I'm trying to figure that out for my family.

Hi. We have been looking into this trip too. My husband and I are so excited but it’s so expensive and I want to make sure before we book. We’ve never done a cruise let alone a DCL. We have 2 kids who will be 3 and 6 when we travel. We are from the UK but have only been to 1 of the destinations before. What do you seasoned DCL’s think is a 3 yr old a bit young for this? If you stay on the boat during the city stops is there still lots for the kids to do? Need any and all experience or advice/ tips going!! Xx

so exciting! do you know where you will be staying pre and post cruise? I'm trying to figure that out for my family.

Working on that now! Just booked our flights, so now I can focus on hotels. I’m using Ciao Bambino as a resource and also scouring the Trip Advisor reviews. Found a few places I’m interested in that seem like they will work for our needs. Flights ended up costing more than I would have liked, so I have to try and keep Hotel costs down a bit. Might have booked flights too early to get the best deals but we wanted direct flights from Boston to Rome and direct again from Barcelona to Boston. I didn’t want to wait since inventory for direct flights can be quite low.

Hi. We have been looking into this trip too. My husband and I are so excited but it’s so expensive and I want to make sure before we book. We’ve never done a cruise let alone a DCL. We have 2 kids who will be 3 and 6 when we travel. We are from the UK but have only been to 1 of the destinations before. What do you seasoned DCL’s think is a 3 yr old a bit young for this? If you stay on the boat during the city stops is there still lots for the kids to do? Need any and all experience or advice/ tips going!! Xx

Ton of younger kids on the boats but I've never done a Med cruise, only Bahamanian. I will say that there always felt like there was a ton to see and do on the ship. We barely scratched the surface on our first cruise which was only four nights. However, I liked starting with a shorter cruise to see how my family would do before making a bigger commitment. My husband wasn't sold on cruising but ended up really enjoying it and my daughter has billed it "her favorite vacation ever" so it was a success. I will say that I was glad my daughter was a little older because it made it easier to drop her off in the Kids Club and know she'd be cool. I'm not sure she would have done as well at 3 or 4. But that's just my own kid and I saw tons of younger kids in there who seemed happy, so it all depends.

Working on that now! Just booked our flights, so now I can focus on hotels. I’m using Ciao Bambino as a resource and also scouring the Trip Advisor reviews. Found a few places I’m interested in that seem like they will work for our needs. Flights ended up costing more than I would have liked, so I have to try and keep Hotel costs down a bit. Might have booked flights too early to get the best deals but we wanted direct flights from Boston to Rome and direct again from Barcelona to Boston. I didn’t want to wait since inventory for direct flights can be quite low.

ok, i will be looking at flights and booking them this week. we're also looking for direct flights from philly-rome and barcelona-philly. we have lots of marriott rewards points so i'll probably be looking for marriott hotels!

What did you book for your Barcelona to Boston flight? We are flying in and out of Boston too. I think we are going to Paris after Barcelona though. Not sure yet.

What did you book for your Barcelona to Boston flight? We are flying in and out of Boston too. I think we are going to Paris after Barcelona though. Not sure yet.[/QUOTE

We are flying Iberia from BCN airport to Boston. Staying in Barcelona a few nights post cruise first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter