June 30-July 4 (trip 3!)

ddd928

Earning My Ears
I've visited Universal Orlando twice before staying at Royal Pacific Resort both in 2010 and 2011 with my d, huge HP fan (who now works at Scholastic in NYC!). Staying at same hotel for this trip but bringing my 24 year old HP fan son for his first trip and my hubs, also first trip but not as gaga over HP.

• June 30-Arrive @noon; renting a car because guys golfing and gives us a place to keep the clubs and them some flexibility as to when they play. We plan on stopping at Publix for some bottled water and light breakfast items to eat in the room before heading over to the parks. Son arrives closer to midnight (couldn't get the day off). Hubs and I will hope to check in quickly and process tickets, etc, hang at pool and eat at City Walk Friday night. Any dinner suggestions? I don't care for seafood but he does.

• July 1-I can't wait to show my son HP...we'll decide on which park depending on EE (any chance both an option or do they always pick one each day?). Honestly, think I might cry...reminds me of when Mickey noticed my 4 year old in a restaurant and he knelt down while she ran into his open waiting arms at Disney years ago. Also, it's my bday! so we're eating at my favorite, Mythos, for lunch...think 11:30 gives us enough time for us to explore one HP side? Figured we'd ride HE to the other park after lunch and explore for the afternoon. Eating dinner at hotel, Jake's, before going to a soccer game (local team that son works for playing at 830...another reason to have car).

• July 2-EE at whichever park offers; guys playing golf (Cypress Garden, any other suggestions?) late afternoon while I lounge. Heading back to eat 730 dinner at Finnegans and enjoy the late evening hours in the parks

• July 3-sleep in, head to park (whichever we didn't see Sunday late morning...nothing really planned. Guys may golf again at some point.

July 4-leave late morning for home.

• Think they'll give me the refill price on my 6 year old Butterbeer souvenir mug?
  • Borrowing a friend's interactive wand as seemed silly to spend $48 on one when she offered to lend to us.
  • Looks like ponchos in order for afternoon storms...forecast currently calls for a 60% chance of them each day during our stay.
Thanks for any and all advice!

@ddd928 How great to experience the Wizarding World with your HP fans adult children! My 16yr old has grown up with the characters (thanks to Moi) and hubs tolerates it well. When I pull out my well-worn books for yet another re-read, the family knows that Mom goes into her happy zone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter