June / July 2020 Discount Watch Thread

Well current promo that runs through April now shows booking til March 7. So maybe nothing new.

Just got a 30% for past guest good for the times we are planning for. But I’ve been looking at renting DVC points and iT is still significantly cheaper than the discounts. A little nervous about doing it but sure seems to be a great way to go.
Anyone else rent DVC PTS?
YO
I rented three studios in bay lake tower this past Aug-Sept it was great we paid $2300 per Studio for 7 nights. We used one of the rental companies It was great- if you go in July- Aug I’m sure there will be no issues with availability. I will warn you, once we rented points and started following these boards we purchased points.

Looks like the new offer is up! Good luck to those trying to get through. I've been "in orbit" trying to get through but trying to remain patient!

Looks like the new offer is up! Good luck to those trying to get through. I've been "in orbit" trying to get through but trying to remain patient!
Did you ever get through? Mine is still spinning...

Free Dining did come out this morning. Very limited check-in dates:
  • June 27 through June 28, 2020
  • July 5 through July 7, 2020
  • August 29 through September 8, 2020
And the usual array of rooms aren't included in the promotion: excludes 3-bedroom villas, campsites, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Wilderness Lodge, Bungalows at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, Disney’s All Star Movies Resort, and Little Mermaid Rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.

This, by far, the most disappointing free dining discount ever. We arrive July 8 😐 (room and flights already booked, can’t change it at this point because if DH schedule). I’ll be going for a BB offer when I’m down at the end of those month, I’m sure it’ll be better than the room discounts at the point, I’m sure it’ll be equally restrictive and weak.

This, by far, the most disappointing free dining discount ever. We arrive July 8 😐 (room and flights already booked, can’t change it at this point because if DH schedule). I’ll be going for a BB offer when I’m down at the end of those month, I’m sure it’ll be better than the room discounts at the point, I’m sure it’ll be equally restrictive and weak.
Can you not just add 1 more day up front to your res? I guess it depends the value of the dining vs/room rate...

My trip is booked for later in July—flights are already booked as well. Dang! Fingers crossed for more discounts to be added later. 😥

Free Dining did come out this morning. Very limited check-in dates:
  • June 27 through June 28, 2020
  • July 5 through July 7, 2020
  • August 29 through September 8, 2020
And the usual array of rooms aren't included in the promotion: excludes 3-bedroom villas, campsites, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Wilderness Lodge, Bungalows at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, Disney’s All Star Movies Resort, and Little Mermaid Rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.

But surprisingly and for the first time in years, French Quarter is included.

I was able to book POP for June 28-July 3rd with the FD promo. I will watch for a room only discount and may switch to that if available. I think I would probably do better with a room only discount and pay out of pocket for our meals. We will do QS mostly with one perhaps two table service ones.

Have you considered booking FD for a July 7th arrival and check-in online but just not show up until the 8th? You obviously pay for an extra night's stay, but with that you'd get some extra meal credits. Just a thought....

Can you not just add 1 more day up front to your res? I guess it depends the value of the dining vs/room rate...
We are staying at Poly so it's pretty pricey, I'm not willing to spend another $500+ for one night just for free dining, I think that it would definitely take away any value. It's already a long trip, and we have some special stuff planned because it's out anniversary, so spending money like that simply to get some food for "free" doesn't really work.

Have you considered booking FD for a July 7th arrival and check-in online but just not show up until the 8th? You obviously pay for an extra night's stay, but with that you'd get some extra meal credits. Just a thought....
It usually doesn't work like that, they do have a way to know if you actually got there or not (scanning in to your room), and I'm not sure it would work. Of course, we are arriving early in the morning so we could say it was so we would already have a room, but that's a really expensive way to get some "free" food. I'm just going to try for a bounce back when I'm there for my solo trip at the end of this month, I'll probably end up saving a lot more money that way anyway.

Tempted to book a trip for the week prior to the 4th and leaving on the 4th. I’ve always said I’d never do summer but the Disney bug is real! Looked at FD and no way it would be worth it, looks like you need to have 3+ adults to save more than a room discount which I assume will eventually be released. Might book through UT since they have 24% off on a king room in Gran Destino tower right now, and I can always try and switch to the AP discount when that comes out. Maybe with all my booking and cancelling Disney will finally send me a pin code :rolleyes1

We were staying at WL in a standard view room and decided to just book CCV. We had the DDP and park hoppers to begin with, so it saved us almost $500.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter