June / July 2020 Discount Watch Thread

So room-only discount rates will likely drop this Monday 1/6/20? (we're looking for late July)

(This is the year we take a break from the parks and just relax at the resort)

Would the WL and BWI (we do split stays) likely be part of this price drop on Monday?

Edit: dumb question: if we secure just room-only is it still the usual $200 down payment with the full amount due about a month before the res date?

(the reason I'm asking is the only other time we did room-only, we booked about a month before the trip, so we pretty much had to pay for it when we booked it)

Last edited:
Edit: dumb question: if we secure just room-only is it still the usual $200 down payment with the full amount due about a month before the res date?

(the reason I'm asking is the only other time we did room-only, we booked about a month before the trip, so we pretty much had to pay for it when we booked it)

I seem to recall room only is a 1 night deposit with the balance due at checkin, packages require the $200 down and balance paid 30 days out.

Is there a time of day that the discount rates usually drop? Trying to figure out when I should be looking if there is any predictability...

Is there a time of day that the discount rates usually drop? Trying to figure out when I should be looking if there is any predictability...

I don't think there's a specific time, but I think it usually happens by 5:00 a.m. eastern time. I know that anytime a discount has been released for a time we're traveling, our TA has sent me an email by 6:00 a.m. letting me know she applied the discount and modified our reservation. I think the free dining deal dropped before 4:00 a.m. last week because she mentioned to me that by 6:30 a.m. she had modified all of her client reservations and that she had been up for over 3 hours at that point.

I don't think there's a specific time, but I think it usually happens by 5:00 a.m. eastern time. I know that anytime a discount has been released for a time we're traveling, our TA has sent me an email by 6:00 a.m. letting me know she applied the discount and modified our reservation. I think the free dining deal dropped before 4:00 a.m. last week because she mentioned to me that by 6:30 a.m. she had modified all of her client reservations and that she had been up for over 3 hours at that point.

Ok. Thank you! I appreciate the info.

I seem to recall room only is a 1 night deposit with the balance due at checkin, packages require the $200 down and balance paid 30 days out.

Yes Thanks, I think that's what we did when we booked room-only. It was 1 night paid at time of reservation, then the remaining paid at checkin.

Does that sound about right to anyone else looking to book room-only?

Yes, room only is 1 night's advanced payment, and you can cancel much closer to your trip than with a package deal without penalty.

Dumb question here... We already have a package booked for June. With a room-only discount, can I still call and have them apply it to the room portion, or are there many more hurdles I'd have to go through to keep our plans and still use the discount? Thanks for your help!

Thanks Mome Rath. I looked it up and you can cancel at least 5 days prior to your res.

Next question: anyone want to take a guess as to whether Deluxe Club Level rooms for WL and BWI would sell out early for late July or be available almost up to the last minute? ( 2 years back we were able to get 2 nights WL + 3 nights BWI for late July only about 30 days prior)

Thanks Mome Rath. I looked it up and you can cancel at least 5 days prior to your res.

Next question: anyone want to take a guess as to whether Deluxe Club Level rooms for WL and BWI would sell out early for late July or be available almost up to the last minute? ( 2 years back we were able to get 2 nights WL + 3 nights BWI for late July only about 30 days prior)
Definitely the former.

Discounts for June 2020 have been posted to the site (up to 25%). Site is very slow but I was able to apply the discount to our Beach Club reservation. Our Polynesian reservation is still rack rate, I'm unable to apply the discount to the club level garden view. :\

Last edited:
The new annual passholder discount is very solid with lots of availability.
I just purchased an annual pass for my upcoming trip, but haven't activated it yet. Is there a way to find AP prices online without calling? Or is calling the only way? Thank you!

I was up at 5am looking for the discount. Had both my iPad & iPhone going, waiting for the special offers page to load (iPad was much less of a wait for some reason?) Finally at 6am I was able to apply the discount to our 2 rooms at Polynesian club level. Saved about $1,100, I’m thrilled!! We haven’t visited since 2014 - so excited 😊!!

Last edited:
Saved $600 on my Poly studios reservation in June. I’m happy with that! I made the change online. Just gotta figure out which gift card they are going to apply the credit to...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter