June or July? New attractions

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
We're debating when to take our next trip to Disney - so many things coming. We were planning mid June originally, but with both the Mary Poppins and Ratatouille ride set to open in "summer"... Would we be wise to push it to July?

Also, just how bad will wait times be for those rides given that they're brand new? Will they be likely to have FP+?

They haven’t even announced what the Poppins attraction will be, so there’s no way to guess about wait times or even when it will open.

I think you can gauge Rat after Runaway Railway opens and we see how that goes.

Certainly no way to predict how popular the new attractions will be near a year in advance. I also wouldn’t base my decision on that.

Timing-wise it's tough. As we saw the SWGE - Fall 2019 was August 29th but I don't remember in the past something being that far off from what was speculated. Unfortunately, you're probably looking at a potential range from end of May to mid-August. It it is important to you to be there after Ratatouille opens then I'd plan for July/August.

I'd look a room now but wait on the airfare until after the 1st of the year when we'll probably know a bit more on how far along they are.

I don't know where you got the idea that the Mary Poppins attraction would be opening next summer. I'm pretty sure they didn't give any inkling of a timeframe when they announced it just a few weeks ago.

I don't know where you got the idea that the Mary Poppins attraction would be opening next summer. I'm pretty sure they didn't give any inkling of a timeframe when they announced it just a few weeks ago.

I saw it in a Disney "news" post that was released recently, they estimated summer 2020. But, who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter