June Vacation - Any one else worried

I just read in one of Hawaii’s news groups, that if things continue to go in the right direction, they are hoping to open up tourism in a month or two. I have hotels booked in mid August but have not booked flights. This trip was suppose to have been in May but we cancelled everything and have been given refunds for flights. I think there is a good chance they will be open by August but I’m waiting to see, what businesses will be open. I don’t want to go all the way there and find out the attractions are closed. Since we are from the USA, also, I hope our flights won’t be restricted in anyway by then.

Hi All,
I wish everyone luck. I am worried about the Marathon in January. I can't imagine all of us in the corrals together without a vaccine. Fingers crossed.

We have a June trip also, I'm curious to see what happens. I'm actually feeling somewhat optimistic though.

Hi All,
I wish everyone luck. I am worried about the Marathon in January. I can't imagine all of us in the corrals together without a vaccine. Fingers crossed.

Marathon in Hawaii or in Florida? I think yeah Marathon in Hawaii in January is unlikely. Gavin Newsom (governor of California) has said that he does not expect any large gatherings, (sporting events,etc) until there is either a vaccine or we have something close to herd immunity, unless we have some sort of unexpected breakthrough. I think Hawaii has been relatively cautious about Covid-19 and their policy will probably be somewhat close to California.

Marathon in WDW probably a higher chance of happening since Florida clearly is more willing to open things up.

I have a trip planned for the first of July - I hope it isn't cancelled but even if the resort is open, I am sure that the social distancing thing will be encouraged for a while longer. How will they do the pool? Just have it closed? I know that there are lot of questions and no one really knows any answers but...

Stay safe everyone!

We have a June trip also, I'm curious to see what happens. I'm actually feeling somewhat optimistic though.

Marathon in Hawaii or in Florida? I think yeah Marathon in Hawaii in January is unlikely. Gavin Newsom (governor of California) has said that he does not expect any large gatherings, (sporting events,etc) until there is either a vaccine or we have something close to herd immunity, unless we have some sort of unexpected breakthrough. I think Hawaii has been relatively cautious about Covid-19 and their policy will probably be somewhat close to California.

Marathon in WDW probably a higher chance of happening since Florida clearly is more willing to open things up.
Hi DD!
The Florida one. Fingers Crossed. Thanks for response!

I have a trip planned for the first of July - I hope it isn't cancelled but even if the resort is open, I am sure that the social distancing thing will be encouraged for a while longer. How will they do the pool? Just have it closed? I know that there are lot of questions and no one really knows any answers but...

Stay safe everyone!
Speculating is so much fun though. I suspect they will have family groups seperated by at least a chair and more spacing in the rows for the pool chairs. I also think the restauraunt spacing will be increased as well. If things are so bad they feel the need to totally close the pool Aulani would no longer be the desired destination that it is. I am not exaggerating in the least when i say the pools are a HUGE reason we chose Aulani and if they were closed i would not go. Man that is some scary speculation for my upcoming November trip. Going to go find some Sunshine and Unicorn speculations to cheer me up.

We have a May 27th check in and we fully expect that to be canceled. Waiting on DVC to cancel to minimize our point losses.

We are supposed to arrive on the 30th of June. I am sadly thinking it won't happen. I rented points through DVC rental store. I have left messages for them but they have not called me back yet. Booked on Southwest and at this point would just like a refund and not a credit. Kind of hoping the trip might still happen....but realize that it probably won't.

I have a conference booked at Aulani June 14th-18th & hope it is not canceled but then being a NP am very doubtful that it will still happen :(

It's really just a day at a time right now, it seems. We are booked for August and I'm not sure that will happen.

Just messing around on the Aulani site it looks like the earliest cash reservation you can make is June 7 and beyond.

I canceled my 6/12 reservation, I just can't see the 14 day quarantine being lifted by mid June. Good luck to all with June plans, I hope I'm wrong and you guys can salvage your June trips.

I’ve decided to hang on to my June 19 reservation for now. I’ve made peace with the fact that I probably will have to cancel, but I’m not ready to pull the trigger quite yet.

I’ve decided to hang on to my June 19 reservation for now. I’ve made peace with the fact that I probably will have to cancel, but I’m not ready to pull the trigger quite yet.

I'm in the same place. We have a late June trip that I had been planning to cancel by today at the latest, as United was requiring canceling flights by 4/30 to get the change fees waived; however, their policy just changed yesterday to extend the deadline to May 31, so I'm waiting. No reason not to at this point.

I can almost guarantee that Hawaii will not open up to non-resident tourists until one of these things happens:

1. Everyone boarding a flight to Hawaii undergoes a rapid covid-19 test
2. There is a vaccine
3. There is herd immunity
4. People boarding flights can prove they have antibodies

In other words, the mandatory 14 day quarantine will not be lifted for a while and in all likelihood, opening up Hawaii is going to depend on how quickly we can implement widespread testing. Summer trips are iffy at this point. I personally wouldn't schedule anything until September or October at the earliest.

People here are very intolerant of the idea of visitors bringing new cases of covid-19 to the islands. Generally speaking, locals will accept poverty before they accept the death of a loved one. Also, those with max unemployment benefits are receiving $1200+/week. The few people I know who have been laid off aren't anxious to get back to work anytime soon.

The tourism industry will try and attract inter-island travel and staycations in order to survive.

As a side note, I'm curious to see if Australians and New Zealanders are let in once they squash their number of covid-19 cases. Hawaii and Australia have a long history of waving animal quarantine requirements due to the absence of rabies at each location.

As a side note, I'm curious to see if Australians and New Zealanders are let in once they squash their number of covid-19 cases. Hawaii and Australia have a long history of waving animal quarantine requirements due to the absence of rabies at each location.
I have a flight booked Sydney - Honolulu for mid September on Qantas. Currently Qantas will allow me to cancel the flights with penalty. Qantas is only allowing complete cancelations with full refund up to July. Honestly I'm hoping they cancel the flights. I don't want to travel in a Covid19 world. But with the easing of restrictions here, unless there is a big second wave, perhaps flights will be up by September?

We’ve pretty much resigned to the fact that we won’t be travelling to Oahu at all this year. Hawaii, like here in Australia, is doing the best they can to minimise the spread of infection on their island. At least Australia is a country and can actually stop people from entering - Hawaii being a state is still going to have mainlanders who think it’s their right to cross the border. I know that there was at least one mainlander (from Vegas) who alongside an Australian visitor who were subject to a manhunt when they continued to flaunt Oahu’s restrictions leading to an eventual deportation. Fingers crossed Hawaii‘s officials maintain a strict stance to minimise the impact the disease will have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!