Just a few questions!

__disneygirl

well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
HI! September will be my first time on DDP. Didn't do it last time because it would have been a waste of money to us (too much food!), but this time since it's FREE, we figure why not! :woohoo: hahaha.

I have a few questions. I understand everything about the plan except for this, no need to explain any further! :)

1.) Is it really free? Or is there some hidden charge? I mean, how could they just give thousands of people free meals their whole trip? Does this sound weird to anyone else?! lol.
2.) Which restaurants use 2 TS credits?
3.) Since it's free, if we don't use all our credits we WON'T be wasting money, correct? I know this seems like a dumb question, but I just don't see how this can really be totally free of charge.
4.) We are going for 5 days. However, we are checking in a day before (but only buying 5-day magic your way passes). So it's really 6 nights. Does that mean we have 6 or 5 days of dining credits?

Thank you!

:wave2:

Hi ... Your dining credits are per night ... so if you are staying 6 nights thats 6 TS, 6CS and 6 snacks per person. :goodvibes

It is free ... its a promtion, so we will be hooked and come back again and buy the dp. :rotfl2: :goodvibes

Is it really free? My answer is no. To get the "free" dining you have to pay rack rate for the room so you're giving up your discount if you have AAA, AP, FL resident and discounts are available. For example I qualify for AAA rates at 20% off a value, so I'm paying @ $20/night for free dining (much less than the dining plan even for 1A1C). You also need to buy tickets for everyone in your party so if anyone has an AP you're spending @$60 for a 1 day ticket, if you don't have an upcoming trip to use it on add $60 to your extra cost per person. Also on the tickets; you can buy them at discounters like ticketmania for $3-$8 off what you're paying at WDW. Depending on the size of your party and length of stay the "free" dining can definately still be cheaper than these discounts compared to the cost/day of buying the dining plan normally.

It is a great promotion tho and is used to fill rooms that normally will sit empty during a slow season which is how they can afford to offer it. That along with the extra $$ for tickets, souvenirs, etc more than makes up for the part they are giving away free so the company is making more money.

Calie

1. It really is free. However, in order to get it you must book a non-discounted room and buy a park ticket. Thus, if you are a FL resident, annual passholder, CM, or any other category that would allow a discounted room rate you will either give up the discounted room or not qualify for the free dining. In addition, the number of packages that allow free dining is limited.

2. The restaurants using 2TS are listed on the WDW web site (along with all details of the plan.) They basically include Cinderella's Royal Table, California Grill, the dinner shows, Flying Fish, etc.

3. You won't be wasting money, but you will be "wasting" something that you could have gotten. If you have leftover snack credits, you can get cookies, rice krispie bars, etc. to take to the airport with you.

4. The dining plan is per night. Each person will get the number of credits equal to the number of nights of your stay--TS, CS, and snack for each night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter