Just a silly little TR - Run Away!!

pkondz

Brace yourself for immediate disintegration
So no trips for us.

Who’'s us? You might ask? Of course you do. It’s traditional to give a rundown of reprobates, a cast of cast-offs, a who’s who of you know whos.

But I’m not going to.

Oh settle down. You! In the back! Get off the furniture, sit down and let me explain.

I’ll fill you in as we go along, promise. I just don’t want this to be a cookie cutter TR.
You know the type:
1. Cast of characters
2. We love Disney
3. We love rides
4. The end

Nothing wrong with that. I read ‘em don’t I? I just wanted something a little different. It’s good to break the mold once in a while.

Besides, mold isn’t good for you.

I can live with mildew though. I don't necessarily like it, but I can do it.

Umm… where was I?

Right. Cookie cutter TR.

Yes. I love Disney and I love the rides. 6 points to the first reader who guesses my favorite ride. (and you’re already regretting that you started reading this, right? Right? Right. Hmmm.. actually, that bit about "first reader" implies that not only will there be a reader, but more than one. Shows a certain amount of chutzpah, don't you think?)

No clues. That’s it. I’ve said it often enough on the DIS that somebody will figure it out.

Okay. So I love Disney, blah, blah, blah… happy now? Can I get on with this now?

What do you mean: “It’s about time.”???? Fine. Here goes.

When we first moved to the city back in ’99, we had 6 days to find a place to live. We did pretty good. It was a nice little house in what looked to be a fairly nice location. New area. Lots of room for expansion.

And expand it did.

The empty fields around us quickly filled up with new houses. You had to be careful not to stand in one spot too long or somebody’d throw a house up around you and you could get locked in.

It got busier.

It got louder.

It was only a matter of time before the street that we backed onto would be widened to accommodate the increase in traffic.

We had another kid. We didn’t have a lot of room.

So here’s our options…
1. We can renovate. We can renovate a lot. I don’t like the kitchen. We need to move or remove a wall. We need to redo the basement. I’d like to enlarge the bathroom. And after all that, it would still be busy and noisy… oy.
2. We can move. Moving can be stressful. We’ve moved into five different places since we’ve been married. It’s never really that much fun. I don’t want to move. DW wants to move. (ooh! Your first character! It’s the wife!)

So we talked about it.

So we moved.

But here’s the thing. To get the house we really wanted meant certain sacrifices had to be made. One of those sacrifices was: No trips for a few years.

Another one of those sacrifices was a virgin.

Oh, alright. I'm kidding. Everybody knows you can't find a virgin anywhere, anymore.

So why am I writing a TR if there was no trip?

Oh, but there was. But not to Disney.

Wait! You can’t write a TR on the DIS if there’s no trip to Disney!!

You’re right. But you can if you throw in a visit to Aulani.

What? You can’t go on any trips but you went to Hawaii? How?

Well you’ll just have to wait and see, won’t you???
Care to come along for the ride?

Last edited:
Okay. So this parking spot is reserved for chapter links.
Darn! :headache: I didn't want a cookie cutter TR and then I do this! Ah well. Some things are just expected of you and you either bend or break, ya know?

Chapter 1. No trips for us.
Chapter 2. We're going to Hawaii!
Chapter 3. Karma’s on the way to the beach.
4. Ups and Downs (and ups and downs and ups and….).
Chapter 5. Two pearl or not to pearl... part 1.
Chapter 6. Two pearl or not to pearl... part 2.
Chapter 7. Surfing with sharks… part 1.
Chapter 8. Surfing with sharks… part 2.
Chapter 9. Flip Flopping in the Ocean.
Chapter 10. All charged up and no place to go.
Chapter 11. Climbing to Aulani .
Chapter 12. The one that ends with a bang.
Chapter 13. The dreaded day... part 1.
Chapter 14. The dreaded day... part 2.
Chapter 15. The End.

Cookie Recipes

Mrs. Field's Blue Ribbon Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Snickerdoodles - courtesy of GreenAcres
5 Star rated Gooey Butter Cookies - courtesy of Backstage_Gal
Oreo cookie method - courtesy of Nebo
Oreo Pudding Chocolate Chip Cookies - courtesy of cjlvsccm
Smore's Bars - courtesy of oregonmommyof2
Missouri State Fair Blue Ribbon winning Chocolate Chip cookie recipe - courtesy of jedijill
Candy Bar Cookies - courtesy of buzz1121
Crack Cookies - courtesy of shan23877
Cheesecake Bar Cookies - courtesy of nowellsl
Zebra Domes - courtesy of queenbetsey
Magic Cookie Bars - courtesy of laura74
Lemon Bars - courtesy of dana0801
Death By White Chocolate - courtesy of nrod
Brownies - courtesy of cp'ersmom
WDW Chocolate Chip Cookies - courtesy of Thumper_Man
Palmier Cookies - courtesy of 2girlsmom

Other Recipes

[post=44966262]Olive Garden Soup - courtesy of Sandy Mouse[/post]
[post=44983995]nebo's mom's yummy macaroni salad - courtesy of Smidgy[/post]
[post=45144989]Mock Ice Cream Cake - courtesy of MAGICFOR2[/post]

Last edited:
Ok, I'm here and ready for cookies - you got the cutter out, right? popcorn::

And I'm going to make a guess. Hmmm... BTMRR. Well it's one of my favorites.
Thanks for staying up late to start this.

Sandy

Thanks for the warning! I'm here anyway :goodvibes

I am in!!!!

I am pretty sure your favorite ride is the Haunted Mansion :confused3 I thought it was one of those awesome Disney things we had in common :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: to your sacrificing a virgin comment! Idk if you have seen Cabin in the Woods but they talk about sacrificing a virgin and say "We try to get the closest to it nowadays".

Can't wait to read all about your trip!

Caitlin told me you'd started your TR and sent me over :)

Can't wait to hear all about your Hawaiian adventures :goodvibes

I'm in!

Looking forward to it!! I can't remember your favorite ride but I most certainly remember your favorite Disney dessert!

I believe the initials are ZD!!

Jay

Ok, I'm here and ready for cookies - you got the cutter out, right? popcorn::

And I'm going to make a guess. Hmmm... BTMRR. Well it's one of my favorites.
Thanks for staying up late to start this.

Sandy

Hi Sandy. Cutters are right here.
cutters.jpg

Pretty indicative of how I think this TR is going to go. :sad2: (I couldn't find 'train wreck' cookie cutters.)

Nope. Not BTMRR... although it's in the top 5 for sure... maybe in top two.

And I did stay up late.... and then got up early. "Sure honey, I'll drive you to school. No problem!"
:headache:

Thanks for the warning! I'm here anyway :goodvibes

Okay, but just remember that you were warned, when you go running and screaming away from your computer.

Welcome to the TR!

I am in!!!!

I am pretty sure your favorite ride is the Haunted Mansion :confused3 I thought it was one of those awesome Disney things we had in common :thumbsup2

Hi Caitlin! You are officially the first person to join in who found this on their own. Don'tcha feel special now? Yes you are in. Hopefully in a bit you won't be going, "I am out!!!!"

You know, when I posted the question re:fave ride, I was thinking about you.

I mean, in a good way...

I mean, that I had just posted on your TR that there was nothing better than HM. :blush:
(Great, and your mom just posted. I can hear it now, "Caitlin. You stay away from that TR. It's unhealthy how he's thinking about you!"

:rotfl2: to your sacrificing a virgin comment! Idk if you have seen Cabin in the Woods but they talk about sacrificing a virgin and say "We try to get the closest to it nowadays".

No, I haven't seen Cabin in the Woods, but it sounds like something I'd watch. I was just going to sacrifice a goat, but they're almost as hard to find.

Can't wait to read all about your trip!

Oh, you can wait. :rolleyes1 I don't think it's going to be quite as colorful as yours are.

Caitlin told me you'd started your TR and sent me over :)

Can't wait to hear all about your Hawaiian adventures :goodvibes

Hi Dawn! Thanks for coming along. Hopefully the adventures will be up to the wait!

I'm in!

Looking forward to it!! I can't remember your favorite ride but I most certainly remember your favorite Disney dessert!

I believe the initials are ZD!!

Jay

Hi Jay! Welcome!

ZD would be correct... zero dignity, that's me!

mmmmmm.....

Oh, now look what you've done!

Well I'm here...Although I have to say, I wasn't special like some others who got a PM that this was happening :rotfl:.

I feel a little left out, discarded, abolished, black balled, repudiated, brushed aside...i mean, I thought we meant something to each other, we had a smiley connection...Ok I think you get the point...I've got it off my chest now so I'll put it back in the box .

You know if I don't take a jab at you at least once...everyone else will, so I might as well at least get mine in early. ;) Now back to your regularly scheduled, albeit on some obscure cable network, non-cookie cutter, but all around entertaining and anticipated, program.

I don't know if Nebo will do a breakdown of this TR. Ponzi sure as heck can't break down his own, so I'll give it a shot. If Nebo manages to do it when they get back from their home away from home, then I'll step aside and just burst out in song. :rockband: Until then, here goes.

So no trips for us.

So why you doing a TR? :confused3

us? You might ask? Of course you do. It’s traditional to give a rundown of reprobates, a cast of cast-offs, a who’s who of you know whos.

Of course we do, can't have a story without a cast.

Oh settle down. You! In the back! Get off the furniture, sit down and let me explain.

hoponbed.gif
Alright. Geez! Just trying to have a little fun.

I’ll fill you in as we go along, promise. I just don’t want this to be a cookie cutter TR.
You know the type:
1. Cast of characters
2. We love Disney
3. We love rides
4. The end

We're going to hold you to that promise.

Umm… where was I?

You were just about to give us a recipe for making cookies.

Right. Cookie cutter TR.

You need to make the dough before you can use a cookie cutter.

. I love Disney and I love the rides. 6 points to the first reader who guesses my favorite ride. (and you’re already regretting that you started reading this, right? Right? Right. Hmmm.. actually, that bit about "first reader" implies that not only will there be a reader, but more than one. Shows a certain amount of chutzpah, don't you think?)

Only 6 points? How many points do we need to win the grand prize? I just missed it last time by 15 minutes. :sad2:

No clues. That’s it. I’ve said it often enough on the DIS that somebody will figure it out.

Nope. Honestly I forgot.

Okay. So I love Disney, blah, blah, blah… happy now? Can I get on with this now?

By all means. Quite taking your time.

What do you mean: “It’s about time.”???? Fine. Here goes.

Finally. :laughing:

When we first moved to the city back in ’99, we had 6 days to find a place to live. We did pretty good. It was a nice little house in what looked to be a fairly nice location. New area. Lots of room for expansion.

And expand it did.

The empty fields around us quickly filled up with new houses. You had to be careful not to stand in one spot too long or somebody’d throw a house up around you and you could get locked in.

It got busier.

It got louder.

It was only a matter of time before the street that we backed onto would be widened to accommodate the increase in traffic.

Are you sure you don't live in my neighborhood? Seems that's what our area is now going through. Ton of houses going up, but no stores or restaurants it seems. Have to travel about 5 miles down the road to get groceries. Lady H and I will usually stop on our way home from work since we pass a grocery store everyday.

We had another kid. We didn’t have a lot of room.

Sorry kid. No room for you here. You'll have to hurry and grow up, then move out of the house.

Ponzi and his wifey, visiting Disney. K.I.S.S.I.N.G. First came love, then came marriage, then came Ponzi with another baby carriage.

Sorry. Couldn't help it. Seemed like a good opportunity for a quick T_Man song. Please proceed.

it would still be busy and noisy… oy.

As you would tell Nebo, we don't need to know what goes on in your personal life. :rolleyes1 And you're wondering why you need to expand.

DW wants to move. (ooh! Your first character! It’s the wife!)

Does said character have a name? Or from here on out she'll be known as wife or DW?

So why am I writing a TR if there was no trip?

I'm still wondering about this. :confused:

Oh, but there was. But not to Disney.
:scared1:

Wait! You can’t write a TR on the DIS if there’s no trip to Disney!!

You’re right. But you can if you throw in a visit to Aulani.

Nice! :thumbsup2

What? You can’t go on any trips but you went to Hawaii? How?

Yes, please tell. Lady H and I want to know the secret so we can go to.

Well you’ll just have to wait and see, won’t you???
Care to come along for the ride?

I wouldn't be here if I didn't.

Great start. Can't wait to hear about your Hawaiian adventure.

hawaii%20dancer.gif
hawaii%20girl.gif

I'm in. I'm not lurking anymore and have since convinced my parents to now go with me to The World!!!! We go in a year but hey it's better than not going at all!

I'm in. I'm not lurking anymore and have since convinced my parents to now go with me to The World!!!! We go in a year but hey it's better than not going at all!

We can't all be like Nebo and Smidgy and go twice a year. :rotfl: Take it where you can get it. :thumbsup2

YES!!! It's started! And I'm here...did I make the 1st page?

Still no name or pics of yourself? Jeez.

Let the role reversal begin...

Hey Ponzi! I'm here too. Looking forward to your first attempt at trip report writing and hearing all about Hawaii. You're off to a great start... popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!