Just a silly little TR - Run Away!!

slow in getting caught up to the end. This was a great TR. Hope to finish it tomorrow night. Sat in training for the new school year all day today.
Lance is doing great thanks for asking Ponzi. No leftover effects of the father's day stroke and the doctor even showed us the icky stuff they cleaned out of his carotid artery. It was nastyyyyy.
Early to be tonight and off Pick up daughter's wedding dress and get my back to school pin since it is down the street from the bridal shop. so catching up tomorrow.

I went to college (1st time around) in Rapid City. I ran around the Black Hills quite a bit because some of my sorority sisters were from the area. Met my ex-husband at college there. But I still love the area.

Got it. You went to college in Rapid City and ran around with ex-husbands.

Check.

Ponzi, I can't believe I missed out on participating in this awesome TR! But hey, at least I got in before they closed it, which is usually what happens to me with Nebo's TR's. That's what comes from too much time on the community board, I guess. Great report, loved the pics, and hey, I am 1-1/2 hours from WDW, but gotta admit that the zebra domes weren't really my FAVORITE either. I liked them, but there were SO many things I liked better. And the Dole Whip? Try the orange and pineapple swirled together, SO good.

You just snuck in at the wire. So... Welcome!

Thanks for the compliment. :)

Whadya mean they weren't your favorite!?!?!

Orange and pineapple swirled together? You can ask for that??? That would be worth the trip all by itself.

slow in getting caught up to the end. This was a great TR. Hope to finish it tomorrow night. Sat in training for the new school year all day today.
Lance is doing great thanks for asking Ponzi. No leftover effects of the father's day stroke and the doctor even showed us the icky stuff they cleaned out of his carotid artery. It was nastyyyyy.
Early to be tonight and off Pick up daughter's wedding dress and get my back to school pin since it is down the street from the bridal shop. so catching up tomorrow.

Thanks Betsey! :goodvibes Glad to hear Lance is doing well. :thumbsup2

Sounds like you've been busy and will be busy for a while, thanks for dropping in! :)

pkondz said:

Check.

)

Not just any ex-husband, my ex-husband, and he was my future ex-husband at the time.

Glad Lance is doing better, Betsey.

Well, I think it's time to call it a TR. I'll leave it open for another day or two for any stragglers and send it off to the TR graveyard.

Thanks again everybody! :goodvibes

Great song, Thumper. Be sure to let us know when (not if) you start your report.

Ask and you shall receive. I don't know if I can write as good as Nebo and Pkondz, but I'll give it a shot.

Well, I think it's time to call it a TR. I'll leave it open for another day or two for any stragglers and send it off to the TR graveyard.

Thanks again everybody! :goodvibes

I think you're just hoping to get this closed before Nebo comes back.

Once you're done here though, you can come on over to our TR. The link is in my signature. It's also in Lady H's signature as well.

Thanks for all the fun, Ponzi, great job!

See ya'll over yonder. And yonder, and yonder....

Thumper_Man said:
Ask and you shall receive.
Once you're done here though, you can come on over to our TR. The link is in my signature. It's also in Lady H's signature as well.

The phone app doesn't show signatures so I might have to wait until I get home, but find you I will.

Nighty-night Ponzi's TR.

Woot!!
:cool1:
Did everbody see that???

TM's god a TR going. Let's shut this puppy down and head on over there!!!

I am no where close to being a god. You must have me confused with Nebo. Ponzi show him the picture of how Nebo parted the World Showcase Lagoon again. That's god like.

to the left coast now...

Being you're from Canada, and if you were looking directly South into the USA, I guess it would be the left coast if you went through Europe and Asia. But it would be much faster to go to the right. Heck, even WDW is to your right South from Ottawa.

Then again, if you were standing due North, then I guess it would be to your left.

Anyways, thanks for posting the link. Was waiting to see how long it would take for people to find it before I had to put it in NEON LIGHTS.

I'm free, I'm free, I'm finally free :cool1: ...And now your done?! :confused3 That can't be right! I've spent the last few weeks either on work related travel, or knee deep in research on Human Trafficking statutes. My brain is fried. :furious:

No!!! i won't let it end! I won't I won't I won't...

Free at last, free at last!

Oh come on, Admit it. You know you enjoyed every second of it!

As I was saying, since this is the last chapter; I fully expect to post, await the inevitable scorn and derision, and then have the ever so lovely and delightful Oh Mari toss it unceremoniously on the scrap pile… about 3 minutes before Nebo and Smidgy return home.

Little do you know that we as your readers now have the power in our hands. putting a hold on our comments until Nebo gets back is very possible...
Smiley-RubbingHands.gif

Oh, I’m practically giddy as a schoolgirl at the thought!

TMI! Now i know what happens behind the scenes...Mental images go away!

See? I can post something like that and not fear retaliation. TR life is good.

It’s a good thing I don’t have your ability in photoshop!

But that’s a risk I’m willing to take. Live life on the edge! Playing for all the marbles, ‘cause Lord knows I could use a few, having lost mine when I started this merry-go-round.

Just ask Tootles, he found his marbles, I’m sure he can help you find yours, or you can borrow some of his as a happy thought.
marbles.gif

I’ve always liked that expression. “Claim your baggage” or “Baggage claim”. It’s like you’re back in the Wild West and there’s Gold in them thar suitcases! If you put one on the ground and jump over it, does that make you a claim jumper? Or just an idiot jumping up and down over people’s suitcases and running from security?

I’ll vote for the idiot, because if your running from security, obviously you were an idiot to begin with and did something idiotic to get noticed and have them run after you. Um…Yeah…or something.

At least now I’ve got a goal in life for my next foray to the airport.

Can you see the potential for blood there? It will be a RigLee/Nebo TR rolled into one.

We get to the baggage storage area and it’s closed. I will admit to having a brief moment of concern… until I spotted the phone on the wall by the door. There was even a handy dandy little sign that said to pick up the phone when the luggage keeper cubby was closed.

Say that 5 times fast…

I pick up the phone and a ‘nice person’ answers and tells me that someone will be ‘right down’ to retrieve our luggage.

Anytime “nice person” is in any sort of quotations, there is never a “nice person” on the other end of that statement…Just sayin’.

Ever notice that when someone says they’ll be ‘right down’, it’s an admission that a rather large portion of time will elapse between the time the statement was uttered and the person is ‘down’? And the larger the rush you are in is directly proportional to the time that will pass until said person shows up?

I’m sure there is some mathematical equation or algorithm to figure out the time: distance to said cubby + cubby distance to said baggage x amount of time left before having to get to the airport/ by the number of people in said party…

What? I said I was sure there was an equation…I didn’t say I knew the answer. Remember I’m not good at math!

In a surprisingly short period of time, a hotel employee rounds the corner and walks towards us. Hooray! We can get our bags and change in the hospitality room! And we’ll have just enough time, too. The employee walks up to us and gives us a nice big smile… and walks past us… and walks past the luggage dungeon… and walks to the next corner and just… keeps… going.

Probably didn’t have the right weapons to fight the dragon in the dungeon for your luggage.

Not the luggage person.

But we don’t have to worry because coming in the opposite direction is not one, but two, count ‘em, TWO hotel employees. Yay! Because we know that at least one half of them will open the door and retrieve our wayward bags.

These two don’t even give us a smile as they saunter past. Too busy talking to each other to notice the slightly nervous loitering louts.

Well obviously the first one said they wouldn’t fight the wayward luggage dragon by themselves, so they sent two, but they decided that the fight wasn’t worth interrupting the nice conversation they had going, and once they were done, they would come back and see if anyone has tamed said luggage dragon so they could retrieve your luggage in the nick of time.

An hour later… okay, it was maybe 10 minutes, but it felt like an hour… the bag whisperer arrives. Cheering erupts from the large crowd gathered there. That’s the truth. No embellishment… as long as you consider ‘four’ to be a ‘large crowd’. But there was cheering.

We do what we gotta do. We go to the front lobby and start opening suitcases in the middle of the floor. We start piling clothes, knick knacks and souvies all around us. Eventually we find suitable airplane clothes and head off in search of a restroom.

I would have laughed if you had just started changing right there in the middle of the lobby. I’m sure that would have gotten them to give you the hospitality room pretty quick, fast and in a hurry.

Which reminds me. Is this a Canadian thing? To me, a restroom is a polite way of saying washroom… which isn’t usually a room where you wash, but is a polite way of saying bathroom… which isn’t usually a room with a bath, but you get my point. And bathroom is really just a way of not being vulgar and saying ‘toilet’.

I’ve always said either restroom or bathroom. Although I am not exactly sure why it would be called a restroom either. I mean more often than not, especially in a woman’s case, we end up standing in lines the whole time, and then have to hurry through whatever it is we need to do so the next person in line can take your place. Therefore, there is no time to rest! And secondly, why would you want to rest in the ‘toilet’ anyway?

We have four carry-ons and two big suitcases. We had packed an inflatable air mattress (just in case) for one girl if they couldn’t share a bed. It leaked. I left it in the room. But we’ve accumulated other stuff… most of which seem to be gifts for people back home and new clothes for the brats.

Oh, and a glass sculpture.

Don’t forget the partridge in a pear tree!

We pile everything back into the suitcases. I empty my carry-on (I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia, I'll even hari-kari if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun! ) and it’s just big enough for the sculpture… that’s wrapped in bubble wrap… that’s in a box.

Absolutely love that M*A*S*H quote, I think it is one of my favorite Hawkeye lines. That one and – “I can take umbrage, I can take the cake, I can take the A-train, I can take two and call me in the morning, but I cannot take this sitting down. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna take five.”

My carry-on is not exactly new. I’ve had it for over 20 years. I think I won it or it was given to me. Pretty sure the latter. It was black and leather and had a beer manufacturer logo on it.

Starting off a sentence talking about how your bag isn’t new and ending it with the word “was” is not a good sign…

I cram the glass sculpture box inside and zip it up. Or try to.

Eeeek! Careful…Glass!

The zipper breaks.
Well, I can still carry it like that and it’s wedged in pretty good, so it shouldn’t fall out as long as it stays upright. Let’s go.

At least its just the zipper and not the GLASS!

We shove everything and everyone into the car and we speed off to the airport. But Bi… uh… Witchin’ Betty has other ideas.

Re-calculating…

Betty starts to tell us to take various off ramps.
“Take exit on right… Recalculating… Take next exit on right… Recalculating… Okay, this time for real, TAKE NEXT EXIT ON RIGHT… Recal… oh, you just don’t love me anymore! My mother the toaster warned me about men like you!”

Yeah, the love affair with Betty is definitely over.

I’m sure Ruby was pleased.

I’m not good with names. I admit it. I’m not much better with faces. Maybe worse.

Ruby’s the opposite. She’s always saying things like, “Remember Bob and Cathy? We met them at that party for my Boss’s Uncle’s cousin in law? I saw them today and we had a nice chat.”

I usually just nod. Seems safer that way… otherwise I’ll get ‘an explanation’ which results in me finding out that I remember fewer people then I thought I’d forgotten.

I don’t remember names much either, unless we have hung out for a while. Faces I can remember, I will know automatically if I know you, or have seen you around once I see you, but to remember your name is a completely different story. That’s when I hope I have someone with me so I can introduce them and say “Hey, how’s it going, Have you met my friend ____________?” and then hopefully the nameless but memorable face person will go, “Oh hey, nice to meet you, I’m _____________” and then I can continue a conversation. Otherwise I just look at you with a blank expression on my face until someone says your name.

I have no idea how she does that. She’s like Rainman, sometimes. Guess how many arguments I win when it comes to anything in our past?

Me: “Did so!”
Her: “Did not!”
Me: “Did so! I remember because I think I might’ve been there or something.”
Her: “Did not! You had the clam chowder for appetizer followed by the spaghetti which you said was really good but needed more salt. And you wore jeans and your blue T-shirt, not the one with the white stripes, the other one. And you definitely did!”

How does she do that? Maybe she’s just lying about the whole thing.

But how would I know?

She scares me a little.

I’m never right myself…so I gave up a long time ago….Join the club, I may be the only if not one of the very few women members.

The line is slow moving. Tectonic plates move quicker than this line. People all around us are beginning to panic. “Martha? What time is our flight, again?” “Bill, you did say they weren’t boarding for another 20 minutes, right?” “Samantha, you looked really hot in that negligee last night.”

The good thing is, that while you don’t remember people and conversations that you took part in, it seems you do remember certain topics and conversations around you.

That last one might not’ve been relevant.

Relevant or not, It was a good catch.

Eventually we board the aircraft and by 10pm are in the air winging our way to Denver. I’m pretty sure Ruby was asleep before the wheels left the ground. I am tempted to write embarrassing things on her forehead, but then recall that she’ll never, ever forget about it. I restrain myself, which saves the flight attendants the trouble.

I’m sure the flight attendants will thank you later.

We’ve packed a lot into the time we were there… and that’s part of the problem. It’s been part of the problem for the last couple of trips. I do all the planning, because I like doing it and Ruby hates doing it. The last couple of trips I’ve wanted to make sure the kids get to experience as much as possible based on the theory that they may never see it or go, again. Or that they may not fully experience something unless they experience it. Or maybe it’s not wanting to let them get bored and not have a good vacation. Or… I dunno. It is what it is.

Next time you go on vacation…Please make sure you schedule a time to breath! It’s a useful tool and helps especially when it’s scheduled.

Ruby suffers as a result. I remember the last time we were in Disney. One of her favourite days was when I took the kids back to … I’m gonna say DHS. She put her foot down and refused to do another rope drop. She stayed back at the hotel, did laundry and vegged out by the pool. She was much happier afterwards.

Yeah, I made TM schedule in some down time in these next two trips, otherwise I’m beat by the time we get back and then it’s not fun anymore.

I guess what I’m saying is we’re not taking the time to smell the pineapple. I keep telling myself, “Next time! Next time it’ll be different!” And it will. We both like to do things and see things…. But maybe not at the crazy pace I set this trip. Which was okay, ‘cause Ruby wasn’t with us for most of it. The kids are older now and are on the cusp of being able to do things on their own. Time to pass the torch.

The important part in the end is did everyone have fun? Did you have fun? Did the kids have fun? Once Ruby was out of her conference, did she have fun? If the answer is yes to any or all of the above, then no worries on the rest!

I do know that if we return to Oahu… or the next time we go to WDW, there won’t be this need to do everything… Because we already have. Oh, sure there’s a few things we skipped (Pearl Harbor anyone?) but that’s a good thing. Gotta have a few things to look forward to, right?

Gotta have a reason to go back!

I’d like to thank all the readers for contributing to this TR. Without you, well… it would’ve been pretty crappy. You guys provided me with some chuckles and what more could a guy ask for? I’m still singing ‘Secret Ponzi Man’ in my head! (Darn you T-Man!!)

I think we owe you a big THANK YOU…Without you writing and responding, it would be just a room full of us talking to ourselves…

…secret, ponzi man…secret ponzi man…

I have to give an extra special thanks (and provide the rest of you with someone to blame) to Nebo for pushing me into writing this in the first place.

Thank you Nebo!

I had no idea which way this was going to go when I started it. I did know that I didn’t want a cookie cutter TR, but darn it! that’s what happened anyway.

Oh, well.

And now, the part of the TR that you’ve all being dying to read!

THE END

I repeat!

In all honesty though, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this TR, I know you were a little reluctant at first, especially since there wasn’t much “disneyesque” stuff going on, but I for one thoroughly enjoyed it. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to contribute as much as I would have liked towards the end, darn work! But I hope you knew I was reading and with you in spirit! And the good thing is that we have plenty of TR’s to read at the moment, so there will be no missing your witty repartee. I’m sorry to see the TR end, but all good things must I guess. Hopefully there will be another trip sometime in the near future that you can write about. Until then…See ya on the flip side…or at least on the other TR’s…

Check.

You just snuck in at the wire. So... Welcome!

Thanks for the compliment. :)

Whadya mean they weren't your favorite!?!?! I think it's the coffee thing.

Orange and pineapple swirled together? You can ask for that??? That would be worth the trip all by itself.

Yep, dd did the orange & pineapple last time, it is SO good that way, I did the pineapple and vanilla, and I liked that, but hers was so nice and tart, it was WAY better.

Sounds like you've been busy and will be busy for a while, thanks for dropping in! :)
Oh, and can't wait to try out all these cookie recipes! My favorite seasonal cookie is a Palmier, they are SO easy.

Ingredients:
1 package puff pastry sheets
chocolate to melt for dipping (your choice of chocolates)

1) Lay flat the sheet of pastry dough, and fold the sides to the center like you would a peice of paper, then fold in half inward.
2) Slice approx 1" thick slices, roll in granulated sugar.
3)Bake in 350 oven (I'll have to double check the time, I think it was like 7 or 8 minutes).
4) allow to cool
5) while cooling, melt chocolate for dipping/drizzling
6) dip ends in chocolate.

We like to do milk chocolate to dip, and sometimes white chocolate drizzle. When baked, they puff up and look kinda like a Palm frond. They are super easy and quick to make, and everyone seems to love them.

No!!! i won't let it end! I won't I won't I won't...

You must! You must!

Oh come on, Admit it. You know you enjoyed every second of it!

It's my TR and I don't have to admit anything!

Ha!

Little do you know that we as your readers now have the power in our hands. putting a hold on our comments until Nebo gets back is very possible...
Smiley-RubbingHands.gif

Little do you know that one PM to Oh Mari and <poof> no more TR.

It’s a good thing I don’t have your ability in photoshop!

You say that and then post a picture of yourself over on your TR?

Brave, you are. ::yes::

Can you see the potential for blood there? It will be a RigLee/Nebo TR rolled into one.

That would be an interesting TR, no?

I’m sure there is some mathematical equation or algorithm to figure out the time: distance to said cubby + cubby distance to said baggage x amount of time left before having to get to the airport/ by the number of people in said party…

What? I said I was sure there was an equation…I didn’t say I knew the answer. Remember I’m not good at math!

The answer is 32. 32 what, I can't say... but, 32.

Well obviously the first one said they wouldn’t fight the wayward luggage dragon by themselves, so they sent two, but they decided that the fight wasn’t worth interrupting the nice conversation they had going, and once they were done, they would come back and see if anyone has tamed said luggage dragon so they could retrieve your luggage in the nick of time.

Only to find that the dragon was the equivalent of a lethargic chihuahua.

I would have laughed if you had just started changing right there in the middle of the lobby. I’m sure that would have gotten them to give you the hospitality room pretty quick, fast and in a hurry.

I thought of it... but photoshopping the cell bars out of the view is too much work.

Don’t forget the partridge in a pear tree!

I didn't forget...

Tasted like chicken.

Absolutely love that M*A*S*H quote, I think it is one of my favorite Hawkeye lines. That one and – “I can take umbrage, I can take the cake, I can take the A-train, I can take two and call me in the morning, but I cannot take this sitting down. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna take five.”

That's another great one! :thumbsup2

Here's a couple more of my faves:

The silly:
"I've eaten a river of liver and an ocean of fish! I've eaten so much fish, I'm ready to grow gills! I've eaten so much liver, I can only make love if I'm smothered in bacon and onions"

The profound:
There are certain rules about a war
and rule number one is young men die.
And rule number two
is doctors can't change rule number one.

I don’t remember names much either, unless we have hung out for a while. Faces I can remember, I will know automatically if I know you, or have seen you around once I see you, but to remember your name is a completely different story. That’s when I hope I have someone with me so I can introduce them and say “Hey, how’s it going, Have you met my friend ____________?” and then hopefully the nameless but memorable face person will go, “Oh hey, nice to meet you, I’m _____________” and then I can continue a conversation. Otherwise I just look at you with a blank expression on my face until someone says your name.

I can't do that. I can't not know the name. Or show that I don't know it, I mean.

Uh... what?

Next time you go on vacation…Please make sure you schedule a time to breath! It’s a useful tool and helps especially when it’s scheduled.

Done. Already decided that our quick trip to Deadwood will be very, VERY laid back.

The important part in the end is did everyone have fun? Did you have fun? Did the kids have fun? Once Ruby was out of her conference, did she have fun? If the answer is yes to any or all of the above, then no worries on the rest!

::yes::

I think we owe you a big THANK YOU…Without you writing and responding, it would be just a room full of us talking to ourselves…

Awww... thanks! :)

In all honesty though, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this TR, I know you were a little reluctant at first, especially since there wasn’t much “disneyesque” stuff going on, but I for one thoroughly enjoyed it.

Again... Awww...

shucks, ma'am.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to contribute as much as I would have liked towards the end, darn work! But I hope you knew I was reading and with you in spirit!]

I did! No worries! :goodvibes

Oh, and can't wait to try out all these cookie recipes! My favorite seasonal cookie is a Palmier, they are SO easy.

Thanks for that. I prefer milk chocolate too. I'll add it to the list. :)

Wait is there a Tman and Tman's wife TR? Is it from their Dland trip? Always like to hear folks opinion of the DLR.
So if ya did one,
send the link out
we'll post there maybe! While all the other boards think we're crazy

we're all just dissers so post here maybe

Is it just me, or is it funny if Nebo comes back from the World only to find his thread is closed because it's already maxed out?:rotfl:

[="Black"][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

queenbetsey said:
Wait is there a Tman and Tman's wife TR? Is it from their Dland trip? Always like to hear folks opinion of the DLR.
So if ya did one,
send the link out
we'll post there maybe! While all the other boards think we're crazy

we're all just dissers so post here maybe

Is it just me, or is it funny if Nebo comes back from the World only to find his thread is closed because it's already maxed out?:rotfl:

[="Black"]

We're doing a pre-trip report at the moment. A little under 2 weeks until we go. Link is in mine and Lady H's signature. Bankr63 posted the link a few posts back as well.

I just got back a couple of weeks ago. I will be interested to hear what you think of the new areas.

Ponzi, great report, loved the pics, and hey, I am 1-1/2 hours from WDW, but gotta admit that the zebra domes weren't really my FAVORITE either. I liked them, but there were SO many things I liked better...

....well.......more for ME....so THERE. :snooty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts