Just a vent about exchange rates!

Creatingpeace

Earning My Ears
I am super excited about our Halloween trip! I have most things in place, we have some candy sushi making reservations, our character meals booked, and last was to buy the Halloween party tix. Well I just spoent 287.70 for me and a 7 year old to go to the party. Trick or Treat man! My son better not complain once that evening, that is all I gotta say!

I am super excited about our Halloween trip! I have most things in place, we have some candy sushi making reservations, our character meals booked, and last was to buy the Halloween party tix. Well I just spoent 287.70 for me and a 7 year old to go to the party. Trick or Treat man! My son better not complain once that evening, that is all I gotta say!
Lol. Wait till you buy 2 burgers,2 fries and 2 pops with a 30% exchange rate....are you sitting down $75.00

That's why I was so glad I could use airmiles (onyx personal shopper) to get my MNSSHP tickets. I'm not sure we would be going otherwise.

Ohhhh I haven't heard about this...

It's a fairly good deal if you are an airmiles collector. My tickets cost me 2500 Airmiles for 1 adult and 1 child tickets (for the Aug 30 party, I think they all cost a bit different? so for reference). So that's about $265 CAD (at 95 AM per $10). If you are Onyx you can ask the personal shopper service to get you a quote and then they don't cost anything! Mine came within a few days to my email, easy to link to my MDE. You can use the service for other types of tickets as well, ones they don't normally sell, or for after hours tickets, MNSSHP, MVMCP. Not sure what else, I was tempted to ask about memory maker, but I'm out of airmiles lol.

It's a fairly good deal if you are an airmiles collector. My tickets cost me 2500 Airmiles for 1 adult and 1 child tickets (for the Aug 30 party, I think they all cost a bit different? so for reference). So that's about $265 CAD (at 95 AM per $10). If you are Onyx you can ask the personal shopper service to get you a quote and then they don't cost anything! Mine came within a few days to my email, easy to link to my MDE. You can use the service for other types of tickets as well, ones they don't normally sell, or for after hours tickets, MNSSHP, MVMCP. Not sure what else, I was tempted to ask about memory maker, but I'm out of airmiles lol.
Awe thanks so much for this info. I don't think I collect enough miles to qualify for it. But it is something for me to keep in mind. That is, if I ever afford Disney again. I am sure we paid more for the Xmas party and I am feeling it more in the budget at this time of year due to summer camps :)

You can use air miles for Halloween tickets???

See my message above - if you are Onyx you can use the personal shopper to get them.

Awe thanks so much for this info. I don't think I collect enough miles to qualify for it. But it is something for me to keep in mind. That is, if I ever afford Disney again. I am sure we paid more for the Xmas party and I am feeling it more in the budget at this time of year due to summer camps :)

If you want to get into airmiles collecting more, we have a great thread on here with lots of hints/tips. I have only been Onyx the past couple years due to the help of everyone on there. Without that, I was maybe getting a few hundred a year. This year I am at 7,000 so far, and I am not at all in the top few people on here who collect.

See my message above - if you are Onyx you can use the personal shopper to get them.

If you want to get into airmiles collecting more, we have a great thread on here with lots of hints/tips. I have only been Onyx the past couple years due to the help of everyone on there. Without that, I was maybe getting a few hundred a year. This year I am at 7,000 so far, and I am not at all in the top few people on here who collect.
Off to do some reading, thanks!

You can use air miles for Halloween tickets???
Off to do some reading, thanks!

PLEASE, come on over and follow along! We chat about the upcoming flyers and how to best use our miles. I also maintain separate threads during the big promos like Shop the Block at Christmas time and Shop the Block in the New Year. Just participating in those 2 promos alone and any others that pop up -- just finished one that focused on Online shopping thru the Airmiles portal that could net you up to 500 miles -- you can easily clear around 3,000 miles a year with minimal outlay of cash.

I just recently had the Personal Shoppers get me a 10 day park hopper for mid-january and it only "cost" me a 8,400 miles which we considered a steal since the current 7 day CDN resident pass they have is 4,750 miles and the cost to upgrade on site would have been tooooo high for us to swallow -- first need to bring that ticket "value" up to the current gate price of a 7 day ticket before adding the extra days and hopping.

Airmiles ALERT Thread

I feel your pain. Watching the balance on my DGC go up and down is exhausting.

The exchange rate was perhaps influenced by the announcement of a potential drop in interest rates in the States? Unlike the rest of you we get excited when the rate goes the other direction .. hubby has a client who pays him in USD funds and that difference is like a bonus :P He headed down to the bank today and got less than he was expecting based on Monday's rates

Lol. Wait till you buy 2 burgers,2 fries and 2 pops with a 30% exchange rate....are you sitting down $75.00

The prices for food are a shock for sure. Most of what we eat there is mediocre at best, and we get it more for the experience/atmosphere of the sit down restaurants. When we ended up spending almost $50 Canadian for 2 fast food combos (which still elft us hungry an hour later), I had to do a double take, hide the receipt from my husband and take a deep breathe while reminding myself that we're on vacation and we'll worry about the cost/exchange rate later.

For us Canadians, gift cards and/or the meal plan is the way to go. You pay for all that up front and don't need to worry about it while you are trying to enjoy yourself at the park.

Oh man, the dining plan may or may not actually save us money, but it's worth it for the fact that I don't have to worry about exactly much I'm spending for our meals! We didn't have it on our last trip, but it was only for a few days on either side of a Disney Cruise, but one meal at Cosmic Rays was so painful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter