Just back BCV/BWV-some info

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I'm just back, like an hour ago. I'll try for a few answers I found out-the check-in at the BCV is open 8-6, after then you check in at the front desk, like you used to. Movies on the beach are so much fun, complete with a little campfire. Every Sunday it's the same movie, every Tuesday the same, etc. I've still got all the info packed away, but I remember that "Finding Nemo" was Thursday. Right now, it's just a trial basis, a test run, and at the end of September they'll evaluate whether to continue based on everyone's feedback. SAB hours are currently until 11:30, but unfortunately Recreation didn't know what they'd be in December. The manager of the BC and BCV, Bill Thompson called, just to welcome me to the BCV and then again to wish me a safe trip home. It was a form call, but I thought it was a nice touch. Screen Door hours are 8-11. Oh, and CS meals in BC Marketplace now don't include fruit or chips with your sandwich on the DDP. I know they did, at least in January and last September, but not this time. Both resorts had new sofa beds, at least in the studios I was in. But although BCV had a DVD player in my studio, BWV didn't. I'd be happy to try to answer any other questions.

Did you by chance notice what the refillable mugs look like at BWV?

Did you go by the Belle Vue Lounge at breakfast time?

Were there kitchen items? (utensils, baking sheet, pans, plates, glasses, etc)

we were there at YC a couple weeks ago, we bought the mug there and it is the year of a million dream mug. We did go over to the boardwalk and they also had the same mug.

I'm just back, like an hour ago. I'll try for a few answers I found out-the check-in at the BCV is open 8-6, after then you check in at the front desk, like you used to. Movies on the beach are so much fun, complete with a little campfire. Every Sunday it's the same movie, every Tuesday the same, etc. I've still got all the info packed away, but I remember that "Finding Nemo" was Thursday. Right now, it's just a trial basis, a test run, and at the end of September they'll evaluate whether to continue based on everyone's feedback. SAB hours are currently until 11:30, but unfortunately Recreation didn't know what they'd be in December. The manager of the BC and BCV, Bill Thompson called, just to welcome me to the BCV and then again to wish me a safe trip home. It was a form call, but I thought it was a nice touch. Screen Door hours are 8-11. Oh, and CS meals in BC Marketplace now don't include fruit or chips with your sandwich on the DDP. I know they did, at least in January and last September, but not this time. Both resorts had new sofa beds, at least in the studios I was in. But although BCV had a DVD player in my studio, BWV didn't. I'd be happy to try to answer any other questions.

Leaving for BCV on Tues. am!!!:dance3: !!!!! What time does SAB open? Was it so hot it made you hang by the pool more? Did you give up a Spectro or Illuminations to watch the beach movies?
Thanks
Chris

Hi!

How was your move from one resort to another? Did you use Bell services and Disney luggage handling?
That's great news about the movies/campfire...do you know what movies are scheduled for Saturday, Sunday and Monday?

The "welcome call" was a nice touch! We didn't get one in June.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Here's the entire list of movies:
Sunday-"Cars", Monday-"Toy Story", Tues.-"The Pacifier", Wed.-"The Incredibles", Thursday-"Finding Nemo", Fri.-"Pirates of the Caribbean:The Curse of the Black Pearl", Sat.-"Lilo and Stitch". One thing to note is that the movies are listed as starting at 9:00. However, when I showed up at 10 of 9, Nemo was already going to his first day of school, about 15-20 minutes into the movie.
SAB currently is open 9:00am-11:30pm, but there aren't too many people there after Labor Day. I spent lots of time reading poolside, and I never had trouble finding a chaise.
For kitchen items, I was in a studio and had 4 each of plastic knives, spoons, and forks. So I guess you're supposed to wash them, even tho they're plastic. And at BWV, I only had 3 each of the utensils. At both places, I had the large size coffee pot and a toaster. Although I was never at Bellevue Lounge at breakfast, there was a breakfast advertised to be there from 6:30-11:00am. However, I was sitting nearby, out on the porch right there and didn't hear any noise, so there couldn't have been lots of people there.
One more thing I remembered-at BCV I had a room that had been formerly a smoking room. I knew that because I'd known previously which rooms were smoking. However, I couldn't smell any residual smoke although I inhaled deeply many times to be sure. Also, on the back of a "Guest Itinerary" I asked them to print out-of my resturaunt ADRs, they say "A $250-$500 room recovery fee, plus tax, will be charged for smoking in guest rooms, on balconies, or on patios." However, that policy was never pointed out to me nor do I know if the fee's actually ever been charged.

Thanks for your report; we'll be trying BCV for the first time in October! Can't wait - the beach movies sound great! :goodvibes

Yes, it did include dessert, but you were limited to a few dessert choices-a Mickey bar, rice krispy treat, or a couple others. That's the way it was before. But before there were many snack choices, including a large gelato. Unfortunately, I didn't have any this time to see if that's changed. That lack of fruit really bothered me (even though it probably costs about $1 for a piece of fruit). I used to always get an orange and eat it for breakfast the next morning. I missed my orange (too cheap to spend the $-it's the principle!).

We were there last week also! LOVED IT!!! I hate to say it but I think they charged us $1.99 for an orange. We were on the dining plan so DH used a snack credit. But still.

Thanks to these boards we got much more wise with our snack credits and started buying boxes of Entenmans donuts with one credit! Also noticed no chips or any side with sandwiches at the marketplace. But they gave chips at the pool, hurricane hannas....

The manager of the BC and BCV, Bill Thompson called, just to welcome me to the BCV and then again to wish me a safe trip home. It was a form call, but I thought it was a nice touch.

I'm laughing. Bill Thompson called me every day at BCV. Twice some days. (And you know how long it takes to get and delete messages so the light goes off.) I finally called the front desk asking them to make him stop!!! I was afraid he's go to three tims a day! :rotfl2:

I'm laughing. Bill Thompson called me every day at BCV. Twice some days. (And you know how long it takes to get and delete messages so the light goes off.) I finally called the front desk asking them to make him stop!!! I was afraid he's go to three tims a day! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: I laughed out loud in the library (that's where I am) when I heard that! I was only there for 2 nights and he called me twice. OMG, I wonder what will happen in November/December when I'm there for 7 nights. Is this what they mean by "Too much of a good thing"?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter