Just back from 9 nights - thoughts on food, fast pass, crowds, weather, you name it!

amg35

DIS Veteran
Through no fault of Disney, this wasn't our best trip, our cat Phil got sick while we were away. Luckily he was staying the vet so they could treat him. It did put a little black cloud over our trip. Other than that....

So....we had such a great time (outside of above). Two adults. We are home now and just kind of blah. :crazy2:

Stayed at Beach Club. We liked it, but I think I'm tired of staying there. I have stayed in Epcot resort area 3 times now, want to try something different.
Crowded lobby while people wait to eat at Cape May, but lobby smells amazing!
Rooms clean, nice.
Sooooo dead after 9, kind of dull.
Buses - for us- were very bad. Long waits when going to a park. Twice had to wait over 35 minutes for AK.
Enjoyed sandwiches at Marketplace, tasty and filling.
Hurricane Hannah's - average, but fine.

Animal Kingdom- still is my favorite park. I was worried about the construction walls ruining the ambiance, but at least for me, wasn't a problem at all.
Lines were short both days we were there. Everest was a walk on in the morning, rode twice in a row. Also after 6, could go on it over and over. All the rides were pretty much like that. Did not notice that much crowding at this park.
So beautiful there. We were lucky to be there on an night it was open until 8. AMAZING - we walked the paths, we were the only ones walking!!
Food - we ate at Tamu Tamu and had a wonderful spicy beef pita sandwich with a yogurt sauce on it. Soooo good.
Had the chicken fried rice from the Yak/Yeti to go, enough for a meal for one or a snack for two. Really good.

Magic Kingdom- we went on a party day and EMH morning. EMH morning is still good, but lines did build pretty quickly. Still got on everything we wanted and finished the park by the 3 pm parade.
Mine Train, cute, but short.
BOG lunch, was actually really good!!! I wasn't thinking it would be, but we really enjoyed it. Had the roast beef sandwich.
Fried Shrimp at Columbia Harbour House - good.
Other than that.....we did not like the food at all at MK. There's really not much else to say about that.:rotfl:
Halloween party - we had a lot of fun! Rides were walk ons. Had no trouble getting a spot in Liberty Square for early parade.
I doubt we'd do it again though.
We also tried to go Saturday night, had fast passes, but we let them go. We got there and it was sooooo crowded. We knew it would be, so we just went with plan B.
I would say Magic Kingdom felt pretty crowded while we were there.

Hollywood Studios- I don't like this park much, so not much to say. TOT is still fun!!

Epcot --- hmmm, Food and Wine was kind of a disappointment to me. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. I was just thinking it would be "more" somehow. :rotfl: It was crowded every night of the week. Some of the food was good, some was eh.
Counter service is still fantastic there! France, Morocco, Germany, Mexico, England - had good counter service from all.
We enjoyed (again) Via Napoli very much.
Spice Road Table in Morocco - a great find!! Great tapas, drinks, and we watched Illuminations from our seats, perfect viewing. Everyone should try this place if they have the chance.
Future World - I still love it there. I rode Living With the Land to my heart's content.:p Soarin twice, still fun. Test Track twice - personally, I like this version even better!

Dinner at Jiko- fantastic!!! Highly recommend.
Breakfast at Flying Fish - awesome!
Crew's Cup Lounge at Yacht Club - had a late dinner, really good!
Beaches and Cream - snagged a last minute ADR - could take it or leave it.

Magic Bands - not a bad thing to say. We loved them.

Fast pass plus- worked well for us and the way we tour. Also, I was able to change times for both TOT and Soarin the day before we used them.

Can't wait until the new things are built at the parks, especially Hollywood Studios, it needs it.

Weather - Perfect. Sunshine everyday, low humidity, needed light sweater at night. Couldn't have asked for better weather.

Crowds - I know everyone said it, but yes, bigger than I expected. Still manageable though.

Seating- um there is none. At any parks. Pretty annoying.

One thing we noticed...not that many school aged children!! It was so weird, but Epcot especially, all adults!:rotfl: Lot's of toddlers, pre-schoolers, and older couples and couples like us w/out children.

Anyways, we had a blast, and we are sad it's over. We did learn we need at least one table service restaurant a day. Days we didn't, we were more tired, we needed a break. 9 nights is one night too long for us.

We won't be coming back until at least Avatarland is finished. Will probably try to stay in MK resort area next time and may wait until November.

Okay, we think next year we are doing a RC cruise....hopefully we'll enjoy it as much as this trip.

Thanks everyone!

amg35...great review...appreciate the detail. I was glad to hear Jiko had good ratings...we are going there for our son's 32nd Birthday (15 Dec). I'm glad your style of touring worked out well, because we tour much the same (even though our Dec. trip has a party of 10). BTW: RC or Princess cruises to the Eastern Caribbean are our favorites. You should have a great time. Enjoy!

Thanks for the review!!! :)

The whole seating thing irritates me.... we're still up in the air over if my mom is coming or not, and if she does come, I'll definately be making sure we have a scooter for her, or whatever they have, as coming off of radiation she's going to need to be sitting down a lot. And I will NOT have her sitting on the curb just to rest.

Nice post AMG.

In regards to DHS, I sure hope they have big plans to transform that park. It needs a lot of help right now.

About Test Track I'm a fan of the old one. What did you like about the new one? For me, I can't figure out what the ride is about. The build your own car doesn't have much connection to the ride. Just my opinion.

Nice post AMG.

In regards to DHS, I sure hope they have big plans to transform that park. It needs a lot of help right now.

About Test Track I'm a fan of the old one. What did you like about the new one? For me, I can't figure out what the ride is about. The build your own car doesn't have much connection to the ride. Just my opinion.

We had a blast designing our car. We made it as ugly as possible, had an efficiency of 1 and we won everytime! And, I'm sure it was in my head, but the indoor track felt faster to me. :)

Hmmm. Not sure why this had to be moved. This offered planning tips /thoughts on the parks, food, etc, not actually a trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter