Just back from BCV

disgirl

DIS Veteran
Hi! We just got back from BCV and we had a great time!! We had a studio on the first floor with a quiet pool view. It was a great location but turned out to be a handicapped room. Since this was our first DVC trip, we could not compare this room to a non handicapped one, but there was one thing that was a little annoying. There was really no counter space in the bathroom to put our toothpaste, brushes, makeup bag, etc. I do not know if this was just because it was a handicapped room or what. Either way it seemed silly because whether you are in a wheel chair or not you need space to put your toiletries, etc., right? That was really the only negative thing we could say about the room though. It really was great and turned out to be very close to the walkway to the Market Place and lobby of BC, which was very convenient. We used valet parking for the first few days, until we realized how close we really were to the self parking.

Since it was very humid and hot while we were there, we used SAB almost every day, and if we did not go there that day, DS and DH used the "quiet" pool late at night. SAB stayed open until 10 pm, until Monday August 29, when it started closing at 8pm. :guilty:

We visited all the parks except Animal Kingdom, although my brother, who stayed at ASM, went to Animal Kingdom and enjoyed it. We were only there once six years ago in April and it was really hot so we decided this time we will save it for our February trip, when it should be less humid.

We also went to the members block party on our arrival day and I had the pleasure of meeting Nancy (Kathleena) and Bobbiwoz there, thanks to their DIS buttons. As others have said, it is great to put a face to a name.

If anyone has questions, I will be happy to try to answer them.

Patty :flower:

Glad you had a great time! We just got back a few weeks ago and had stayed at BCV's for the first time! I loved it! We were in a studio, I believe it was 270. We spent a lot of time at the quiet pool. There were lots of afternoon thunderstorms going on and they would shut down SAB. It seemed to take them forever to re-open it so we would just head over to the quiet pool. We thought it was great.

Hi Patty! :wave2:

Glad you had a great stay. I agree about the counter space in the bath would be needed by anyone - no matter what height you operate from. It really seems like it was a design miss.

Nice to meet you too!

poohj80 We flew from NY but rented a car at the airport.

Hi Nancy. Do you know if the lack of counter space is just because it was a handicapped studio? :sunny:

Hi, I'm not Nancy, but we too got a handicapped studio on our first visit to WDW as DVC members. Yes, that lack of counter space is just in HA studios. I remember it was extremely annoying to us too. All our toiletries ended up on the floor. Also, what we noticed in the kitchenette when we got to a non-handicapped studio was that the microwave is up high, meaning alot more counterspace in the kitchenette than in a HA. In a non-HA studio, you have more closet space too. I remember these questions we had, since, like I said, our first stay was in a HA studio.

:wave: Hi Patty,

I'm glad you had such a nice trip. I have to thank kathleena :wave2: for the Dis Button, and I have it packed for the Members Cruise Party TOMORROW!!!!
Were you checking in late, and that could be the reason for HA studio? Better luck the next time. Our guests once had a HA OV room at Vero once, it just happens sometime, I guess.

Bobbi :flower:

When BCV opened, the general manager of BC/YC/BCV said 10% of the rooms were HA. (http://www.wdwinfo.com/dvc/bcvillas/bcchat.html) That seemed high to me at the time and still does. Perhaps it was necessary to guarantee reasonable access to all three types of villas. But it does mean that until or unless need for HA rooms reaches the 10% level, everyone will occasionally end up with such a room. Hopefully only once every 15-20 stays.

While I enjoy AK, I don't blame you for skipping it on hot days. For some reason it seems to be 5 degrees hotter there than in the other parks. Must be the theming.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!!! Can't wait to return in May!

Thanks everyone for the replies and no Bobbi, we were not a late checkin. We arrived at the resort around 12:15pm and they said our room was ready. We were lucky that way, I guess. We got changed and went right to SAB and Beaches and Cream! I did not ask any questions when she gave us our room number, at first I was not too sure if I liked the first floor, but DH said that sounded good to him. It really turned out to be a good room in a nice location, facing the quiet pool and close to the entrance by the BC lobby. Like I said, the lack of counter space was just a little annoying since both my son and I have contact lense solutions, cases etc. which take up some room. We did manage and it really was a great trip and a good room location, in our opinion(room 128).

Have a great day everyone!! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter