Just back from BCV

zulaya

DIS Veteran
Checked in on 10/27 and out on 11/2.

Check in was probably the most frustrating I have experienced to date. I know I am spoiled by getting a room when I check in, usually between 12noon and 1pm. When we checked in, we were told room wasn't ready. I called back around 1pm and heard the rep mutter "103". Figured out later I was <B>assigned</B> 103. Called back several times with no result. Sometimes you just want to unpack and settle in, you know. I know check in is at 4pm, just bear with my report. Finally I walked down to the check in desk to ask someone in person. This lady was totally helpful. She said my room wasn't ready, but could she check and see if another 1BR was. I said sure, as long as I get non-smoking, I don't care where I am. Bingo...she found one that was clean and unoccupied.

So I guess rooms are getting pre-assigned and room ready IS NOT being actively used. I wasn't offered another room until I went up to talk to someone and I actually wasn't looking for a different room, just a more accurate idea of when my room would be ready.

So back to the room...we had 145, which is down the short hall perpendicular to the main drag, if you will. Nice location...not too far from the lobby or the quiet pool or the parking lot. Had what I would call a woods view. We liked not having to wait for an elevator. And that hallway was QUIET which I loved. Not that I was expecting riots, but it was a very quiet area which at night time is great for us because we hit the hay between 9 and 10, which I am sure is very early for most vacationers.

Room was in pretty good condition. I don't go through rooms with white gloves when I check in...I am not there to be on spotless patrol. I did notice a little staining on the couch cushions, but nothing I was appalled at.

One thing I do have to comment on...Beach Club does have roving CMs near the front desk and concierge desk. I was in a line a couple times and twice these roving CMs who had earpieces came up and asked if there was anything they could do to help. There wasn't and they assured me that I would be taken care of shortly. I thought this was a great touch to make people who are waiting in line feel like they are important and not forgotten. DH just told me (as he's reading over my shoulder) that once time one of those roving CMs did answer a question for us so we could get out of line and just get on with our day.

Also, when I was checking in, I had one of the concierge CMs tap me on the shoulder and ask me to follow him to the concierge desk and he would check me in. I felt that was excellent service to get someone at least checked in on the computer and not have me wait in a longer line.

So, top marks, as usual for BCV. Love it Love it Love it.

At the BWV they do the same thing with the concierge cm's. It is excellent service. Glad that everythng worked out for you.

HBC

Glad you had a nice stay.

Our trip this October was the first time we had a mixed experience with getting the room too although as always the CM at the counter was great.

That wing is very quiet isn't it? Although overall, I find the whole resort very quiet.

Welcome back!! We'll be at BCV for the first time next week. Those were good tips on check in - thanks!

I had the same thing happen at BWV on October 15th - and I also had no requests other than NS. I called numerous times with no success and then decided to go to the front desk where they told me "my" room wasn't ready but they had another one and would it be satisfactory. Funny thing was the room they had picked out for me was a Luna Pool view and the one I got was partial boardwalk only a coupld of doors down from the lobby - a much better choice I think.

We just returned from a great trip at BCV - already miss home!

Happy to hear most all went well for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter