Just back from DLP....

SimonV

Proud to have called Bob Varley 'friend'
for the opening of the Walt Disney Studios. I will post a full report (hopefully) before too long, and there is a lot to say!

Simon

I was wondering how it went Simon - looking forward to your report :pinkbounc

...... looking forward to it..... but oh the weather! Was it as dreadful there as it was here?

No, the weather was actually fair most of the time. A few showers but nothing seriously anti-social. Most importantly, it never interfered with the fireworks!

Hey Simon,

Look forward to hearing about it all. I did see a report on the news (might have been SKY News) where they said that they had long queues by the afternoon for most of the attractions and that something was shut because of a problem. But they also interviewed a couple of people though who's reaction seemed pretty positive.

Can't wait for details :)

Penny :)

The report is taking longer than I thought (but it will be VERY detailed), so I thought I would post a quick few highlights. The full trip lasted 3 nights/4 days, and I had a full day in DL Park as well as the new one. DLP was practically a walk-on for everything except Peter Pan and the Carousel, and we stayed at the Newport Bay Hotel, which I thought was significantly better than the New York (although some of the rooms look in slight need of a makeover). I got to meet Roy Disney and Michael Eisner along the way, and the standout attractions at the new Studios park do really stand out (Cinemagique, Stunt Show, Armageddon and the new version of Rock 'n RollerCoaster). Managed to spend a couple of evenings in Hurricanes (but not significantly impressed after Pleasure Island), while I found Billy Bob's was excellent for an evening meal (adult buffet for about 15 quid). More soon, I promise!

I got to meet Roy Disney and Michael Eisner along the way

Well you certainly know how to name drop! ;) I know I won't be the first to say this, but I'm definitely in the wrong job! I think I'll go away and sulk for a while, and then I might just deign to come back and read your report. ;)

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Simon

Looking forward to hearing MUCH ,more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter