just back from first trip ever!!! Reviews of 9 days of dining plan(day6)

Torjohnson

we are all interested in the future because that i
So, we finally get to Magic Kingdom. My wife creates a concept called "grab and go", which consists of croissants, bagels and cream chesse, and our Pop best friend....the bowl of fruit.(Melon and grapes). We eat our "grab and go" on the "hold and stand"(Pop bus to Magic Kingdom). These bus rides are as much of the essence of Disney. Tired, sleepy eyed families, teenagers on the brink of breakdowns, being pushed through one more twelve day. The people planning their fastpass attack, and the stories...the minister from Alabama, the schoolteachers, the grandparents, parents, kids, the 25 person family reunion from Chicag. It's all here.
and we walk into the Magic Kingdom, and with one view of Main Street, we are home, back in California at Disneyland. I am thrust back to the time my brother and I rode Pirates when it was brand new...the many childhood memories of family time. We ride Space Mountain, Buzz, My son loves Stitch so we rode the much maligned Great Escape, okay everybody, wait for it, wait for it....twice. Carousel of progress, Big Thunder...and then we are off to Pecos Bills
Pecos Bills...to base a dining experience on a fixin bar seems bizarre to me, but Pecos Bills has great burgers, and a fixins bar. Man, the burger was good with all those mushrooms and fake cheese sauce. My wife has a great non experimental fixin bar burger and my son has a grilled cheese.
This was the first day of insane crowds...one which turns people surly, and other things. A guy in a Dale Earnhardt shirt says," I"m going away from this crush of humanity". How bad are the crowds, is the heat, the impending rain. They all combine with a profundity crazy enough to turn a nascar enthusiast poetic.
We go to Tiki Room. OK, what? The DLand Tiki Room is a classic. Walt is rolling in his crygenic state as Gilbert Gottfried sings hot hot hot. Hated it.
We fast Pass Splash Mountain, son and I leaving the front row lookin like drowned rats...and we go back to the Pop, rest and then go to the Wildrness Lodge for our experience in
WHISPERING CANYON LODGE. More like YELLING COWBOY PLACE. If you are not shy, and like meat, this is the place. Crazy CMs, people yelling for ketchup, large skillets of meat. We are Barbeque people, and the pork is amazing. Sure, there are men singing songs about buttercups, and pony races...but the food was awesome, and the desserts, some sort of chocolate decadence bomb thing, and a bread pudding extravaganza are fantastic...and the Wilderness Lodge is great!!!!

Thank you for your reviews! We are also DL groupies going to the world for the first time in October, enjoying every day of your reviews. Thank you for taking the time! popcorn::
Keyana

Torjohnson said:
So, we finally get to Magic Kingdom. My wife creates a concept called "grab and go", which consists of croissants, bagels and cream chesse, and our Pop best friend....the bowl of fruit.(Melon and grapes). We eat our "grab and go" on the "hold and stand"(Pop bus to Magic Kingdom). These bus rides are as much of the essence of Disney. Tired, sleepy eyed families, teenagers on the brink of breakdowns, being pushed through one more twelve day. The people planning their fastpass attack, and the stories...the minister from Alabama, the schoolteachers, the grandparents, parents, kids, the 25 person family reunion from Chicag. It's all here.
and we walk into the Magic Kingdom, and with one view of Main Street, we are home, back in California at Disneyland. I am thrust back to the time my brother and I rode Pirates when it was brand new...the many childhood memories of family time. We ride Space Mountain, Buzz, My son loves Stitch so we rode the much maligned Great Escape, okay everybody, wait for it, wait for it....twice. Carousel of progress, Big Thunder...and then we are off to Pecos Bills
Pecos Bills...to base a dining experience on a fixin bar seems bizarre to me, but Pecos Bills has great burgers, and a fixins bar. Man, the burger was good with all those mushrooms and fake cheese sauce. My wife has a great non experimental fixin bar burger and my son has a grilled cheese.
This was the first day of insane crowds...one which turns people surly, and other things. A guy in a Dale Earnhardt shirt says," I"m going away from this crush of humanity". How bad are the crowds, is the heat, the impending rain. They all combine with a profundity crazy enough to turn a nascar enthusiast poetic.
We go to Tiki Room. OK, what? The DLand Tiki Room is a classic. Walt is rolling in his crygenic state as Gilbert Gottfried sings hot hot hot. Hated it.
We fast Pass Splash Mountain, son and I leaving the front row lookin like drowned rats...and we go back to the Pop, rest and then go to the Wildrness Lodge for our experience in
WHISPERING CANYON LODGE. More like YELLING COWBOY PLACE. If you are not shy, and like meat, this is the place. Crazy CMs, people yelling for ketchup, large skillets of meat. We are Barbeque people, and the pork is amazing. Sure, there are men singing songs about buttercups, and pony races...but the food was awesome, and the desserts, some sort of chocolate decadence bomb thing, and a bread pudding extravaganza are fantastic...and the Wilderness Lodge is great!!!!

Thank you for the reference to frozen Walt! My husband actually went one year as "Walt Disney on ICE" to a Halloween party and is doing it again for MNSSHP this year.

I agree on the Tiki Birds, too...but a Disney Fanatic/Dumb Blonde I know said to me after her recent trip, "I didn't like that Tiki Room under new management business...I liked the old management!" and she was SERIOUS!!!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Love the reference to "Yelling Cowboy Place". We went there last summer for the first time and I'm hooked! My ds, now 4 (was 3 then) still blows straw wrappers at people which Candy our server taught him that day. I'm looking forward to going back there. :)

Beth :wave:

Thanks for your review! My 4 kids love Whispering Canyon. For my sons bday last time they had a stick pony race around the restaraunt! If you like peace :hippie: and quiet, eat elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter