• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back from HH

VMS

DIS Veteran
We returned home last evening from another great HH vacation. This was our 6th annual. Usually our break is in April, but this year it was in March. This was our longest stay ever -- a full seven nights. We always hate to leave, it never seems like enough time. We are always fortunate with good weather. We now have 39 straight days there with NO RAIN any of the days (it has rained sometimes overnight). We even had two days that were forecast for all day rain right up until that very day, yet it didn't happen. Beautiful weather, in the upper 70's and low 80's even some days.

The Live Oak Lodge was under major renovation outside, with scaffolding on most of it. A lot of the units there were not being used because of it. We even spoke to someone who had been upraded to a two bedroom from a studio. It was definitely a lot less crowded than our April trips.

As usual, the CMs there are the best -- Chef Gordon, B'Lou, and the recreation staff -- Shannon, Kara, Kate, Nathan, Rich and all the rest. We did some of the activities and enjoyed them.

Places we ate were Giuseppi's, Sea Shack (twice), Just Pasta (with dessert at Rita's), Mi Tierra, Wild Wing, Marley's, Fuddruckers for a burger, and Signes for breakfast one morning. We also brought home a dozen of Signe's pound cakes for souvenirs. We also went to Beaufort one day and ate at a local place.

And we saw Shadow.

I'm happy to answer any questions.

Hi! Glad to hear you had a nice time-although it's kind of hard not to have a good time at HH. What room did you stay in? Wow, an upgrade from a studio to a 2 BR! I'd love that sometime! Go ahead, my diet can take it-describe what you had at Signe's for breakfast! Was it crowded at Signe's? What activities did you do?

We were in 2922. We have been lucky -- each of the six years we have gotten our request of top floor & marsh view. So peaceful looking out. And we checked in on Saturday at 8 AM and had our choice of quite a few buildings that were ready. At Signe's I had the breakfast polenta with fresh fruit -- it was so delicious. It was not crowded there at all. Today my kids had the thunder and ligtning or key lime poundcake packed in their lunches from Signes. A little memory from their trip. Oh, and I forgot to mention the two trips to Bruster's Ice cream. The scale was not my friend this morning!

For activities my DD (10) did a lot of crafts (gyotaku, flower pots, nautical wall hooks). She also did Disney hoops (basketball), kids night out, we did Goofy Bingo together, Southern snowball fight, Shadow's tales. My DS (13) did teens night out, and teen sorcerer's secrets with B'Lou and we all did a couple of campfires and B'Lou's magic show. My other DS (16) slept a lot at the pool. We also did tons of bike riding, I did a tennis clinic a few mornings over at Palmetto Dunes, and my DH and 13 year old golfed and did 2 golf clinics.

WHEW! I am so glad you posted this. I got into my DVC to check points and about barfed to see 38 points in holding status...then looked at my activity and saw I had cancelled my 3/23-25 HHI stay today.....:scared1:

Did I mention....:scared1:

So I called the resort as MS was closed and was told that they were moving my room due to maintenance...who knows maybe I will get a bigger room!!!

:dance3:

All I know is three days until HHI. Can life get any better???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter