Just back from IOA and Universal!

musical2

DIS Veteran
We just got back from Orlando and did IOA and Universal Studios along with Seaworld instead of our usual Disney. Just about everything was walk-on or less than 5 minute wait.

We especially enjoyed our lunch at Mythos and our young kids loved Suess at IOA and the kids area at USF. I enjoyed that fact that we could do everything in a day at each park and take our leisurely time doing it since there were little or no waits at each attraction.

We did IOA on Monday (9/24) and USF on Thursday (9/27). We hadn't been there since 1993 and really enjoyed the change of pace from the usual Disney vacations.

I hope to get a trip report in sometime soon.

In the meantime, are there any questions?

Bart

I don't know about FOTL access, because 1) we didn't stay on property, and 2) Who needed FOTL during the weekdays last week? Everything was walkon or little wait.

Bart

Did you misss Disney? We too are going to US/IOA this year and have went to DW the last 2 years. I am already going over and visiting the Disney boards! I am getting homesick!! I did get us tickets for MNSSHP one night and we are going early to eat at 1900 Park Fare in GF. Never been there before. Our son, daugh-in-law and 3 grandkids will be with us for 3 years in a row. This is our first visit to US/IOA though.

I didn't miss Disney as much as I thought I would. My wife and I did have dinner at the California Grill for our Anniversary. And we did eat a character breakfast at the Polynesian Resort. Plus we went shopping at Downtown Disney. So we did get a little Disney in our vacation.

We were just very busy doing Universal and Seaworld otherwise and they were very enjoyable.

Bart

Im leaving for disney in 9 days. first time. I am staying at the vistana resort and they have the shuttle. My question is I am also going to universal for 3 days and I will have a car because we are driving down. I have an elderly woman I am taking along with 2 kids. I need a wheelchair for her and Im afraid I wont be able to park close enough to the gate. She cannot walk very far, and I dont think the resort has shuttle to universal. any suggestions?

I just got back from FL too. It was great! We went to USF on 9-26 and everything was a walk on and it was the same 9-27 at IOA . We went to Disney MK Sat. and that place was packed, I guess for the fireworks that night. Disney is not our kinda place and I hope I never ever have to go back again! The line waits weren't that bad tho. I think the longest we waited was about 10 min. Between the fast pass and arriving early we were able to do most of the attractions. There were 45 min. waits on some of the major rides. We went back to USF on Sunday and that had a decent crowd. BTF and MIB had a 30 min. wait at peak hours, but if you arrived early and hustled in the AM you could get on everything. Also, Express Passes were being handed out and FOTL access was availabe for guests. While waiting for a table at Mowtown we watched a huge crowd leaving that evening, so I imagine IOA was pretty packed. We did got back to IOA on Monday and FOTL was up and running, but express passes weren't (I think). Didn't matter tho, it was all walk on! We hit Spidey at least 10 times in our two days at IOA! So, we've been on it a total of 21 times in a year (not bad for people who live in PA)! This was our 5th time IOA and it just gets better every time. Ahhh, can I just live in the park? BTW, eat at Mythos for lunch Monday and that was fantastic! I can't wait to go back for our honeymoon in August again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter