• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from SSR

MinnieFan4ever

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
My husband and I just returned from a wonderful long weekend at SSR. We were in a studio in Congress park. Had a great 3rd floor DTD view. Just wondrful. Room was in very good shape. We only used the quiet pool by Congress park and didn't eat on site. It has been almost 2 years since we were there last (we are BCV owners) but the whole resort seems in great shape. Buses were excellent. All in all, it was a great weekend.

By the way, the parks were really busy.

Thanks for the trip report Minnie~ Sounds like you enjoyed your time spent at SSR. We were there the week before and as you said, the parks were crowded then as well.

The quiet pool at Congress seems to be a real enjoyable place. Glad you had a good time!
~DW:3dglasses

Thanks for the report and I'm happy to hear you both had a great trip. My family and I are headed to SSR for the end of our July trip. We can't wait!

I forgot to mention one thing. I have heard people comment that the rooms in Congress Park were loud because they overlook DTD. It is true that when your patio door is open you can hear the music but when the door is closed, it is very quiet.

IT is very true Minnie!~ ;)
The music is really nice combined with the neon lights from DTD reflecting on the water.
The rooms at SSR are the only ones (as I understand it) that have soundproofing. You can never hear anything once the balcony door is shut.
Well, at least that has been our experience.
I don't ever remember during any of our stays hearing anything outside, above or around our villa. It's always quite. Sometimes, you may hear a little
boom boom from the fireworks from MK around 9pm some nights.

I hope you will enjoy your stay at beautiful SSR~

~DW:3dglasses

Glad you enjoyed your trip! I had a DTD my first trip and it was amazing! What a view! :thumbsup2

I was there for two weeks my first visit home and I don't think I ever heard an outside sound. Not from a neighbor, traffic or fireworks. It was heaven! :cloud9:

That is the view we had in jan 06 when we first stayed at SSR. I loved it! Glad you enjoyed your trip! ;)

Our view last April! Only 24 days 'til our next trip home!

319009113_c093dc34b9_o.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter