• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from the 12/7

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
Before I start laundry I will give a quick rendition..
We had MANY personal hassles setting out- major snow storm, planes delayed..arrived at amerisuites/MCO (very nice place-GREAT free breakfast would stay there again) but found USED soap in shower -oh yuck- luckally there was a replacement bar. My headcold was still a fuming so we all just chilled and did TGIFridays. (it was quite cold friday anyhow)
On the way to the Avis/radisson drop off I broke my nail- now that may not seem like a big deal to some BUT I had a perfect french manicure and was ready to cry. I was about to call shirley to ask about a nail salon but remembered Dave said there was a shopping plaza on the first exit. Up north here nail salons are in plaza's so I lucked out. Back on course but still frazzed as DS was complaining his ear hurt we arrived at Avis. Took the shuttle over. Got in line/checked in and then realized I did not have the camcorder. DH was in a "lovely" mood from his cold and hearing DS whine and barked at me about it. I was ready for a melt down with all the past weeks stress built up ... BUT as I held back the tears a wonderful woman (the manager at the desk) came to my rescue - after DH checked to make sure that it was not left at the secruity gate, she called avis (was given a run around) DH came over and barked at me "where is your mind today' (don't worry that comment cost him $825.00 in cozumel :) ) She told Avis to return it and told me she would get it to me. At this point though we were out of line and it was long, she was "magical" gave me such a great smile and said to come with her, and she cut the line and brought us on board. Mike's ear was really bothering him so we went down to the med office after makeing Palo (YOU MUST GO_ IT WAS OUT FIRST TIME AND GREAT!!) reservations, he had an ear infection so $120.00 later we started our party. Mike had to stay careful in the sun from the amoxicillian and out of the water for two days. (not a bad thing actually-he never did the pool and YES I did see non potty trained children in it- unless they were prodigy's as I have never seen a six month old that was potty trained. Key west was ok- I could take it or leave it-probably better without a child, we did do the aquarium which I would highly recommend. Grand Cayman -captain Marvins THE BEST!! loved it,. Cozumel Diamonds International my payback/birthday ring. Cozumel day my ear started hurting so I went to the doctor (another 93.00) This time it REAKED of vomit in there. Our stateroom host had said that 25 people had been disembarked for being sick. Others were quarenteened to their room. We only got a touch of stomach distress which could be attributed to the amoxicillian/ too much food/ high seas whatever- pepto took care of it- no vomiting /diariaha here. We did wash our hands and use sanatizer ALOT. All in all I did not notice many sick people, it was a bit weird to see the life gaurds wearing plastic gloves. I did smell vomit from time to time but our family had a wonderful trip and plan to go next year.
I did have the pleasure of meeting some dis'rs- Michelle and Dagney were a hoot (dagney made it to Who wants to be a millionare) Alex (who DOES drink) Lisa who was such a joy to chat with and Bunny who I kept bumping into. Well gotta start the laundry any questions ask away. Ann

Ann - glad you made it onto your cruise. (really I am) Was it everything you thought it was gonna be?

Glad you got to spend time with some of my friends and favourite people, Michelle, Dagny and yes, even Alex! ;)

Sorry to hear about the earaches, but sounds like you had a terrific time. The folks at the Port are awesome, Michelle and I got to know (and party) with about 30 of them on a cruise last October. Super people!!

Now back to the real world and all that laundry!! ;)
Cathy

Ann, I am hopping onto your thread as I am too tired right now to type much!:)
I enjoyed meeting you and your family and all the Disers'.
This has to be the BEST cruise we have ever been on!!
Highlights: Awesome servers: Shawn from Canada and Colin from Trinidad.
Shore Excursions: Cozumel: Tropical Jeep Tour: One word: AWESOME! (but you get very dirty):)
Crew: Can any group of people BE more happy? Seriously, I never met a non-smiling crew member!
Entertainment: Great as usual.
Food: Eat? They have food? Seriously? Ha ha...food was ok, some great, some ok.
Hoopla about the sickness stuff: Well other than hearing a family being denied access to Castaway Cay, I never knew anyone was sick. Guess they did isolate some people and disembark some...

Ok, that's all I can do for now...been up WAY too long and been on too many planes, busses and cars!

Oh....Kid's club...ds was in Lab...I NEVER saw him this week! He loved it. In his words: "It rocked". Thanks to Ian, Dwayne, Ron, Debs, Stephanie and Pete for providing our kids with the time of their lives!

Stay tuned later (much later) LOL for my trip report.

Lisa

Hey AnnMorin - WELCOME BACK!!! I was thinking of you and your family. Sorry about the visits to the med center, but I am so glad you had a great time. My big question is - how was the dolphin swim? Did you get to do it? Was it great or just soso? Can't wait to hear all about it!

We did not do the dolphin swim, Cozumel was taken up (most of the day) shopping. Captian Marvins was GREAT though in GC.. We will definately do that again., Not sure if next year will be eastern or western we will decide and book in the next month (as soon as DVC allows us)

Oh yeah- I also wanted to remark on two other people- Tanya (I hope that was her name) a CM who called our room when the camcorder arrived, I was so frazzled at that point I am not positive but think that was her name. She was just full of pixie dust - if her supervisor is reading this give her a raise! And dear dear shirley- the basket was PERFECT I will most definately use you again!!

oh and lest I forget DAVE!!! a million thanks to you, your directions- espcially those to downtown disney were PERFECT! thanks a million!

oh- and the medical staff is really top notch, they did a free recheck on mike's ear two days later and called to check on both of us the day after our respective visits, with how overworked/stressed they must be with this virus thing you would never know it as they were VERY pleasent!

Hi Ann :)

Just got home a few hours ago :( Having Disney withdrawal already.... could have used a few more days at the parks. It was really nice meeting you and your husband! I am glad that we got to sing happy birthday to you at Off Beat. Oh, and next time, tell your son to yell LOUDER, I couldn't hear a darn thing!!! LOL :)

Hi,
I read about you and your son's vist to the doctor, sorry, my Q's
if you buy disney or any other insurance does it cover any of the doctor bills?

Thank You

I am going to call our insurance (medical) today and see if I can submit the bills for at least partial reimbursement.

I'm sure our rendition of Happy Birthday was the highlight of Ann's cruise :)

It was unforgettable! We are still toying between the 12/6 and 12/13 for next year but the prospects of being seranaded by you all is a plus on the 12/13 side. :)

We are always good for a song or two.... take the 12/13 - I am trying to see if I can swing that one too (just depends on middle school exam schedules) ;)

Pick 12/13, Ann, we need to serenade you again!!! :teeth:

And Ms. DAGNY, I thought it was impossible...dare we hope? ;)

I'll work on smoking 3 packs a day and drinking a lot so I don't lose that special edge in my voice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter