Just back from the BCV

princess angel

**If You Can Dream It, You can Do It**
we spent 9 nights at the BCV, in a 1 bedroom villa for 7 nights, and then we decided to extend our stat last minute, and were lucky enough to get a studio! :)

our view in the 1 bedroom villa was pool view, 3rd floor, it was nice, nothing in comparison to the BW or Yacht's lake view or the Poly's lagoon view! but nice,
the 1 bedroom was great, I found the kitchen to be in the way though, lol! we used the fridge for water and teh bedroom was awesome, love the king bed, and the huge bathroom, with the whirpool tub!

when we moved to the studio, we had our choice of 3 different rooms, 4th floor pool view, 2nd floor woods view or 5th floor woods view.
we took the 5th floor woods view.
it was very nice, we could see BC to the left, and through the trees, we could see America, France and Itlay! also to the left we could see tower of terror over the BC, and the top of the BW.
I prefered this over the pool view, it was more private too.

we like the BCV alot, it was great that we had access to Storm a long bay, love it!
missed the YC a bit though,
YC concierge in July :)

Laura :)

Do you remember your room # of the studio at BCV? I've requested a high floor at BCV, reserved a studio-that sounds beautiful.

hi Simbas mom, the room number was 525,
the only thing I forgot to mention was that it was a handicapped room, no big deal, but the sink was in the bathroom, not a separate dressing area. this didnt bother us because it was only for 2 days, and it was 2 days that we added on last minute, so we were just ecstatic to be there! but it could be aproblem if you are going for a long stay and are used to the separte dressing area.
the bed was lower, and there is no closet, the entrance is bigger so a wheel chair can fit.
also the bathroom is huge! I mean huge! but again no separate dressing area because of this.
the armoire was bigger, with closet built in to it, but small closet, very thin.
this is also the room closest to the elevator! very convenient!!!!

I would suggest requesting a "top floor woods view" for the view I had.
have a great time!!!!!!!!! :)
Laura

life.gif

Glad to hear that you had a great trip! Didn't you just love how they decorated all the common areas of the BCV's?

Last summer we never got a chance to see the inside of the actual rooms, but we walked thru the resort, and took pictures of all the common areas, and rooms.

How were the crowds? Did attendance seem to be down?
hello.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Hi Princess Angel,
Was it a hike to SAB from the villas? On the map its hard to tell, but once we had a room at the BC that seemed about 20 miles from the lobby then to get to the main pool!
Thanks!

Welcome home, Laura! :) Thanks for the report.

I'm glad to hear you liked the BCV. That is next on my list but our next trip is a while away now--2004!

3 long trips in one year--lucky you! :) :) :) Wish I could be headed back again soon.

Was it a hike to SAB from the villas? On the map its hard to tell, but once we had a room at the BC that seemed about 20 miles from the lobby then to get to the main pool!
I'll chime in on this one. We were on the 3rd floor and about midway down the hall from the elevator. It can be somewhat of a hike to SAB. You can choose to walk outside the BC lobby and go all the way around to get to the pool, or go through the BC lobby, down the hall near what used to be Ariels and out the doors by the rocking chairs. We have small children so we went all the way to the YC side to get to the children's pool area. I suggest that you pack a backpack or tote with all the essentials before heading to SAB. Be sure to take everyone's room key so that you can all gain access to the pool. We were there in Oct and it really wasn't a problem that I only had mine and my husbands room key with us (left the others in my fanny pack in the room). But the pool wasn't crowded at all and I imagine that during more crowded times of the year they will want to see everyone's room key.

Also, if you just want a quick dip in the pool, the designated BCV pool is really nice.

Thanks Vicki! I will be toting three little ones with me so convenience to the pool area is a major issue for me! I am considering the YC for that reason as it seems that the entrance to the YC is closer to the sandy wading pool area that is where I would think we will be most of the time!

But it seems that you would need to ask to be close the the YC lobby as that resorts seems as looooong as the BC! I could imagine having a room at the end of the resort and trekking miles and miles to the pool with 3 kids ("Mommy, how much farther??)!

I have to say it might be a bit of a walk with 3 little ones in tow. dh and I dont have any kids, so we take these things for granted, if it takes us 10 minutes to get to the pool... whatever.

It can be a bit annoying having to walk through the BCV, then thru the BC, and over to SAB. If you are paying $$ and not on points, it might be more convenient to just stay at the YC. which is my fav resort! :)

at SAB, I am always told that only one person needs to show their room key... but we always show both anyway.

the crowds were pretty low for March/April, however more crowded than when we ususally go in May.
it was a hint that crowds were low when we were able to get a studio last miniute on 2 days notice! and then to top it off, our room was ready at 10am, and we had a choice of three different studios (all were ready!)

we had a great time, the Yacht, Beach and BCV are all wonderful resorts! :)

Laura

Welcome back Laura! :)

What was the bed situation in your studio? Was it a queen and a sleeper sofa? Our 3 year old usually sleeps great on those daybeds, but I'm worried the sleeper sofa might be too big. Do you think he could just sleep on the sofa part without pulling it out??

Any other thoughts about the studio?? Did you do any laundry during your stay??

Thanks! :)

hey Erika!
The bedding in the studio is 1 queen and the sleeper sofa. If your 3 yr old won't fall off the sofa... he should be fine on it. The chairs to the table have huge cushions on them, maybe you could pull the chair up to the sofa, so he wont roll off :)

for the first 7 nights, in the 1 bedroom, yes we did do laundry, It is almost too conveneint not too! we did it because,
1. we decided to extend 2 extra days... and
2. because you know how you like to wear your favorite most comfortable clothes again!

the studio is very nice, just like the ones at BWV and WLV.
for just dh and I , it is fine. actually I am happy to say, that we were not spoiled by the 1 bedroom, (thank god! saves us lots of points!) the king bed is a huge plus! but the kitchen... no need for it, the mini fridge is fine for us in the studio.

all in all, to save points, the studio is great, lots of floor space (since there is only one bed and the sofa)

Laura :)

Laura, great report! We are staying at the BCV's for the first time in August as new members and I have never seen them. Anyway..what do you think of this? Do you think it would be a good idea to pack a duffle with swim stuff in it for SAB, put it in a locker early in the a.m. before parks and after getting off the buses go straight to the pool as opposed to going all the way back to the BCV's? Would it be a hassle early in the a.m. to go get a locker at the pool and then go to the buses? thanks!

Jillpie,
maybe I'm nuts... but I have never seen lockers at SAB...? am I missing something, this was the 5th time I stayed at the Y&B resorts
If there are lockers, I would still find that more of a hassle than it'd be worth to me.
I would find it much more relaxing, and comfortable to go back to my room to get ready for the pool. But that is just mho.

Laura

flowerface.gif

Jillpie,
The lockers at SAB are located directly behind and to the sides of the toob rental location, that also sells suntan lotion, water toys, etc. If I remember correctly, they cost about $.50, but once you open them, you must pay again in order to lock it up. They are small though. If you have ever gone roller skating or ice skating, think in terms of those size lockers. A duffle bag would have to be pretty small to fit inside.
hello.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Hey Laura! Welcome back. I almost didn't see your thread, since I have been so consumed with my mom's problems-she is POFQ refugee set to arrive May 2 and nothing is settled yet!

Well, I am glad that you ejoyed yourselves!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter