Just Back From Three Nights at HRH, USF and IOA. Any Questions??

antmaril

DIS Veteran
We returned last night from our stay at HRH. If anyone has any questions, I'd be glad to try and answer them.

We had a great time. The HRH was beautiful! We LOVED being able to show our room key and go into the Express line. We weren't really going to the FOTL, but it seemed that way, since there were rarely any people in front of us. I am proud to say that I rode the Hulk, Dr. Doom and Dueling Dragons (I turned 50 on this trip!!). However, my favorite ride was Spiderman. Big fun!!

Had a fun trip, but it was HOT!

Good to see that we "oldtimers" still like the wild rides! I thought the Hulk was the best!

What were the average wait times? Were the lines you didn't have to wait on long???

I would say most of the major rides had lines of about 30 - 45 minutes, except for Dueling Dragons. There never seemed to be much a line for that ride. I'm sure they got longer as the day went on. We were always at the parks in the morning. I can't take that afternoon heat!

Welcome back!

Did you have any special dining experiences? (I love to eat on vacation!):rolleyes:

We ate at Emeril's for my 50th birthday. The meal was fabulous. We were a little disappointed in our table, however. They sat us upstairs in a rather small, dark dining room. This must be the place for birthdays, because there were a couple of other tables celebrating a birthday. The room was nothing special, just quieter than dowstairs. You really didn't have any sense of where you were, if you know what I mean. If we were to ever go again, I would request a table downstairs where the action is.

The meal itself was excellent. The banana cream pie was to die for!!

I hope you plan a trip report and include your special birthday plans. A half century, how does it feel?

Travelbug24: It feels old!! My AARP card was waiting for me when I got back. I can't believe I woke up Friday morning a 50 year old woman!! However, I did ride The Hulk, Dueling Dragons and Dr. Doom that day. I was pretty proud of myself!! HA!

Antmaril

You are the coolest. My dh is 50 and sometimes he acts like 80. I would never get him on Hulk, Dr. Doom or Dueling Dragons!

Hi antmaril,
Just had to chime in about the fab banana cream pie at Emeril's.
By far the best I've ever had!

Antmaril,
Could you give some info on the rooms? What were they like? What dise beds do they have? Double or queen? Is there a sofa bed or daybed available? I heard many good things about this hotel but no info on the beds. I'll hopefully be going in the near future with my two pre-teen kids (boy and girl) and with my mother. I'm sure my son would rather have his own bed.

KathyT: We were in a poolview room with two queen sized beds. It did not have a sofa or daybed. There was a small table, dresser, two upholstered chairs and an ottoman. It was a very nice room -- nicely decorated and about average in size -- but definitely bigger than our room at the Beach Club at WDW. I believe they offer deluxe rooms at HRH which are larger.

The hotel is lovely. The pool is very nice and we enjoyed our stay here very much. I would definitely stay here again and I am pretty fussy about hotels!!

antmaril glad you had such a nice trip. 10 days till we arrive at HRH, 6 months until my AARP card arrives. Was the HRH full? And did you eat at The Sunset Grill I'm curious about the new menu.
Riverview :smooth: :bounce: :p :bounce: :wave:

Glad you had a good trip Antmaril. We'll be at the HRH next month.
Did you find that the pool got very crowded at certain times of the day? (Was there a line for the slide? ;) )

What kind of experience did you have with FOTL and Universal express?

Kelly:

We LOVED being able to go into the Express Line. It really isn't FOTL, as I'm sure you know, but it worked out that way for us. We rarely had anyone in line in front of us. It was absolutely the BEST!

Xavier: The pool was a little crowded in the afternoon. People leave the parks because it gets so hot and go back to the hotel to relax and go in the pool. Didn't appear to be much of a line for the slide.

Riverview: I think the hotel was close to being sold out. We checked out on Saturday, June 30th, and it appeared to be getting very busy -- people coming in for the week of July 4th.

We had one dinner and a breakfast buffet at the Sunset Grill. Both were fine. Breakfast buffet was the usual fare for $12.95. You could also order off the menu. Everything is a little overpriced, but that is to be expected in an upscale hotel. To be honest I can't remember what we had for dinner. We were eating out so much, I've forgotton that particular meal. I do remember that we had no complaints. Sorry I can't be more specific.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter