Just Back - Here's Where We Ate

jonsmom57

Mouseketeer
Hi

Just got back from a great trip last night - thankfully before the season's first snowstorm began. Cast included DH, myself and DS.

'Ohana
Boma
LeCellier (Candlelight Processional Package)
50'sPT
CP
'Ohana again.....with other family members arriving that day
Captain Cook's (Food Court @ Poly)

Best meal.......Boma Least favorite....... 50's PT

I had PS's for all meals - we were seated within 5 minutes of arrival. All restaurants were packed by 4:30 pm each day.

Any questions......please feel free to ask!

What did you think of 'Ohana? That's one that we've never tried but are thinking about for next trip. Any comments would be appreciated.

Kaycee

I really liked 'Ohana. We had never eaten there before and I had chosen it because we had some family members coming in during the week of our stay and thought it sounded like a good menu.

The food is delicious and there is plenty of it. Included is a non-alcoholic beverage and coffee. Pineapple with a caramel dip is also included in the price.

The second night we ate there we felt a little more rushed than the first night. But everyone was happy with the food and service. My parents recently celebrated their 50th anniversary so we had a cake brought to them. They made an announcement (which I didnt expect) and several customers came over to congratulate them and also the ukelieli (sp? my spelling is horrible) player came over to congratulate them as well.

I dont think you will be dissapointed.

I VOTE O'HANA'S!!!!!!!!!! WONDERFUL

SnowWitch

I ordered the pot roast. I just didnt care for the seasonings they used. Not sure what the spice was. The pot roast just didnt taste the way I had expected.

The smores not so hot either.

Ohanas is a wonderful place to have a family dinner,but my one complaint is they rush the food.You just start enjoying appitizers and here comes the main course.Oh well! Would go back.

We ate in Ohanas for the first time last Nov. and the whole time we kept asking ourselves, "why didn't we ever come here before?" the food was great and we usally stay at the Polynesian! The kids loved the coconut broom races.

What did you think of LeCellier and CP?

LeCellier was awesome - just as everyone says. We had a fabulous, fabulous waitress. Very friendly. I had prime rib and my DH had the Filet. Mushroom Filet was better. The Chedder Cheese soup was awesome as the creme broulle.

Crystal Palace was good. Very good selection. Awesome selecton of desserts.

Jonsmom57 - Oh no, I was really looking forward to getting the smores at Prime Time!! What was wrong with them??

Also, Twigs, we did the same thing last year, I couldn't believe that we never ate there (O'Hana's) it was GREAT! My BIL had a character breakfast there and said it was nice, I think we will try that too next time!

Christine

::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

The smores in our opinion is a little too messy to eat. We liked the taste alright, but found our hands to be covered in marshmallow even after using a fork. The pot roast does have a different seasoning, but I thought it was pretty good.:wave2:

the smores were only graham crackers with marshmallows on top and chocolate syrup on them. I was hoping they would be more toasted/melted.

We had dinner @ CP. Character interaction was great. Our ressie was for 4:30 since we were eating before MVMCP. The place seemed to have cleared out by 5:30. Some characters came by twice.

Excellent! We have a PS at 5:15 for dinner before MVMCP. I am excited that it will be pretty sparse in there- maybe Piglet will come eat with us.:teeth:

You can get into the park as early as 4pm - I would go early if you can.

Have a wonderful time - you will need it after all this shoveling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter