Just Back. Nov 29 through Dec 3. Crowded.

July (away from Independence Day) has very reasonable crowds.
Just research the touring groups from the South American countries. They are on their winter break in July. Those come the end of the month and can wreck a plan when a group of 25+ people get in line in front of you.

Just research the touring groups from the South American countries. They are on their winter break in July. Those come the end of the month and can wreck a plan when a group of 25+ people get in line in front of you.
I've visited twice in July & tour groups were not problematic.

Strange how so many had polar opposite experiences during the same time frame!

It all comes down to picking parks and arrival time. We don't do commando style touring anymore, but on the days we plan to do a bunch of attractions at a leisurely pace- we go at RD. If you don't arrive early- you stand in lines. This is common knowledge- and a lot of people don't mind the lines, others do. I wouldn't go to the MK on a non party weekend day for any reason whatsoever during the holiday season. We also stay away from EPCOT in the late afternoon/evening on weekends when possible during the holidays. We did our MK evening on last Tuesday or Wednesday (can't remember which)- and did the attractions at RD on a party day. The MK was empty for the first couple of hours- and we walked onto everything. We use TPs, and although they can be off a bit now and then- overall we save a boatload of time that many people spend standing in queues. The longest line we stood in our whole trip was 21 minutes, and we know this to be accurate because I send real time data to touring plans when we wait in a queue so the Lines app is as accurate as possible for those using it in the parks. It would have been less, but we had to wait several minutes for CMs to address an issue while trying to load a wheelchair onto the boat ahead of us on Jingle Cruise- they couldn't get the ramp unlocked. There will always be different experiences on the same day in the same park- but if a person picks the right park, and goes at the right time of day- there is no need to stand in a line longer than 10-15 minutes.

Last edited:

It all comes down to picking parks and arrival time. We don't do commando style touring anymore, but on the days we plan to do a bunch of attractions at a leisurely pace- we go at RD. If you don't arrive early- you stand in lines. This is common knowledge- and a lot of people don't mind the lines, others do. I wouldn't go to the MK on a non party weekend day for any reason whatsoever during the holiday season. We also stay away from EPCOT in the late afternoon/evening on weekends when possible during the holidays. We did our MK evening on last Tuesday or Wednesday (can't remember which)- and did the attractions at RD on a party day. The MK was empty for the first couple of hours- and we walked onto everything. We use TPs, and although they can be off a bit now and then- overall we save a boatload of time that many people spend standing in queues. The longest line we stood in our whole trip was 21 minutes, and we know this to be accurate because I send real time data to touring plans when we wait in a queue so the Lines app is as accurate as possible for those using it in the parks. It would have been less, but we had to wait several minutes for CMs to address an issue while trying to load a wheelchair onto the boat ahead of us on Jingle Cruise- they couldn't get the ramp unlocked. There will always be different experiences on the same day in the same park- but if a person picks the right park, and goes at the right time of day- there is no need to stand in a line longer than 10-15 minutes.

Agreed, every day we were there I noticed 150+ minute waits for the Pandora rides, but if you worked it out and got to the park at rope drop, you could be done with both rides in an hour. It all has to do with timing!

We are local and we go year round. There’s no off season anymore. It’s always crowded. Weekdays are slightly better than weekends but that’s it.

I ended up behind one of those groups at the McDonalds near Blizzard Beach. I was in line for the bathroom with a three year old. The entire group made sure she was rushed to the head of the fifty something person line. They also gave up a table so she could sit doen. I wish I’d noted the name of the tour group (they had shirts), I wanted to email them and thank them for being so nice.

Strange how so many had polar opposite experiences during the same time frame!

Part of it is definitely picking the right parks, but i do think perception and prior experience has a lot to do with it, as well. We visited during Jersey Week, and the actual crowd level at MK that Saturday was a 10/10. Seeing various discussions about that particular day, some people said that it was unbearably crowded, but others insisted the park didn’t feel crowded at all to them. They all spent the same day in the same park, it’s amazing how different the reported perceptions of crowd level can be!

The crowds are also just heavier overall lately, as has been mentioned. In our case, Jersey Week has been a favorite time for my family to visit, we’ve been a bunch of times over the past 8 years. Crowds had always been moderate, then in 2016 there seemed to be an uptick in crowds, and this year was significantly more crowded than we’d ever experienced that week (and the historical crowds data backs that up). If someone is expecting a certain crowd level based on prior trips, it’s possible they will be unpleasantly surprised by the actual crowds these days.

I was there December 2 to 8 and mostly worked around the crowds. Went to MK on party days except for Wednesday night for Happily Ever After. That was very crowded, we ended up not seeing it because Main Street closed, watched what we could from Fantasyland. Going again in April, will see it then. Parties really throw off crowds at MK, the other 3 nights are a mess.

One thing I was able to do is snag extra same day Fastpasses. Keep refreshing and you will be surprised what comes up. I got us fastpasses for FOP on Wednesday afternoon around 1:00 for 2:05 (2 people).

Tell me about it. Being there on a almost daily basis 51 weeks a year for decades, I sometimes have to scratch my head whenever I read some of the live crowd level reports. Really, are we talking about the same WDW that I was at today?

I think being a more frequent visitor changes perception. I’ve been a DVC member since 1999 and usually go twice a year. We don’t have the “see everything” expectation that a less frequent visitor has. We also know the ins and outs. Managed to get same day fastpasses that people would think are impossible.

We just got back yesterday and were there from November 30th to now. Yes, I agree, the crowds are higher overall - but we normally go at the end of January and our last DW trip was 5 years ago. We chose MK on November 30th with the 4:30 closing (not bad at all) and MVMCP on the 3rd (loved it - first timer here) and also went this past Thursday the 7th. Also saw all other parks at least 1 day. We couldn't get a fastpass for FOP, and we would never stand in line for anything over 40 minutes or so, so we weren't heartbroken. Overall, the trip was magnificent. The Xmas decorations and music were fantastic. I can't say I love the new MDE Fastpass system (first time for that too). I dislike not being able to get fastpasses for anything decent the day of, and I also dislike being limited to the tier system. The app did not function well at all in the parks, even without using the park wifi. We stayed at the Doubletree Suites in Disney Springs and it was AMAZING. We loved the bus system and two room suites. Very pleased with our trip overall. Maybe our best family vacation ever!

Park hopper is so vital this time of year. We did 3/4s of the rides at MK on 11/30 because it closed early and non PHers didn't want to lose so much of the day. It was awesome. We waited at MCO security for 22 minutes on 12/1 and we all commented it was our longest line of the week.

We were there the same time period! It did feel busy but very manageable. Rode most of everything we wanted to except for FOR, waits were far too long and had a ROL Fastpass. We did find the weekend (Dec 2nd/3rd) quite busy, but I imagine to be expected during the Holiday season! Everything tends to get busier on the weekends this time of year. I would definitely go during this week again.

I do agree, during this trip I did notice more scooters than I have in the past!

Here now and the crowds this weekend were horrible. Also, because of the MK closing early so many nights we have yet to see the HEA fireworks. We were last here in Dec in 2010 and the crowd levels now are so much worse than the same week then. Tues & Wed of last week were not so bad, but we've decided, no more Dec. trips - the cold both times were/are bad too.

We come fairly regularly, but we find Spring so much better. There aren't any 'slow' times anymore though. Disney has well managed that with all the festivals and parties.

You have to remember this was a free dining time if you started your vacation on 11-27.

We went at the same time and arrived early to the parks and had our premium fastpasses for all the high volume rides. Of course, I did early planning to get our fastpasses. We had very small waits on standby for the rest. We were in MK for 7am one day. The early mornings are a key to the magic and pixie dust.

We were there for Jersey week and I was not surprised by the crowds, but it was still disappointing. We usually go during the summer and crowds were always heavy then. So we decided to switch it up this time and go in September. Well, Irma changed that and we ended up at WDW in November. We managed, but were disappointed in having to wait in long lines even in the fall! The trip compromised of all adults (2 parents and 3 adult children), so waking up for rope drop is NOT what we wanted to do. Sometimes sleeping in on your vacation just has to take precedent. Luckily we were able to use the extra late hours until 2am to make up for some of it, but parks like AK just seemed like there was no escaping the crowds. So I understand, it really is disappointing for those who are not morning people!

We truly thought this week wouldn't be so bad, but it was so crowded - when is a reasonable time to visit? And by crowded I mean:

70 minutes at Peter Pan
45 minutes for Its a Small World
25 minutes at Teacups

When one has to spend their time dodging strollers and electric wheelchairs, it really takes the fun out of it.
Those all seem fairly normal wait times whenever I have checked throughout the year.

And those of us who use strollers/ecvs apologize for your trouble.

We have been here since the 6th and are staying until the 16th. Crowds have definitely been busier than expected. However, it hasn't kept us from doing anything we wanted to do, we just take it a bit slower and go with the flow. The 6th was probably the slowest park day we experienced, we walked right on to the Safari and it took a long while for Rivers of Light to fill up. We have made good use of fast passes and advanced planning, as I hoped for the best but expected the worst thankfully. I had booked us a dessert party for HEA on Saturday night and the Candlelight Processional package for Kurt Russel last night. The temps are COLD COLD COLD but we are from Wisconsin so it's not so bad when snow is on the ground back home, lol. Overall we are having an AMAZING time so far, we are treating my parents this trip (adults only) and they have not been to WDW in 11 years.

we went Nov 27th-Dec 6th and it was not as bad as I thought it might be. Sure Mon and Sat night got busy but I had read about this and was ok. What really gave us some issue was taking the bus, and how it seemed to us the bus schedules changed once the cheerleaders got there. (seemed we had more shared busses after, and less room)

We missed somethings and we are planning to return in Dec 2020 /Feb 2021 or dec 2021. for 10-14 days because I do not think we got enough done in the 9 days lol. Also, we will use more of the indoor shows instead of heading out of the park for a rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter